Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Full IP Reset Points

WTB Full IP Reset Points

We can currently purchase individual IP Reset Points via the cash shop.*

* - and via the JOBE Modified Unlearning Device for 175m Credits ...
    * - and via the ICC Sanctioned Unlearning Device for 50k VP ...
    * - and via the Unlearning Device drop from the Artillery Commander in Sector 42 ...

It would be nice if we could also purchase Full IP Reset Points via the cash shop.**

** - and via some amount of credits ...
    ** - and via some amount of VP ...
    ** - and via a drop of some kind ...

Thereby: WTB!

They should be free, and by free I mean obtainable through some sort of gameplay.

I can already imagine the WTS **** for that....
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Agreed obtainable in game would be nice.

WTB Full IP Reset Points!!??

We can currently purchase individual IP
    Reset Points via the cash shop.*

Wait for reballance when we might have 1 for free

Whit normal reset points we cant reset ability line
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by shishu View Post
    Whit normal reset points we cant reset ability line
    I think you just answered your own question.
    Because Race Yalm

Funcom employee

As a note, we most likely would have added these either to an in-game vendor or the Item Shop by now but Full IPRs.... work slightly differently from regular IPR points. I'm not 100% clear on all of the details myself but the Full IPRs are apparently some sort of mysterious code demon which requires special attention and care, unlike the regular IP Reset points which we can obviously just pass out as a regular item.

This may get addressed at some point in the future, but for now unfortunately selling Full IPRs in any fashion will have to wait until we have time to poke at the system some more.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As a note, we most likely would have added these either to an in-game vendor or the Item Shop by now but Full IPRs.... work slightly differently from regular IPR points. I'm not 100% clear on all of the details myself but the Full IPRs are apparently some sort of mysterious code demon which requires special attention and care, unlike the regular IP Reset points which we can obviously just pass out as a regular item.

This may get addressed at some point in the future, but for now unfortunately selling Full IPRs in any fashion will have to wait until we have time to poke at the system some more.
    Thank you for the response. Michizure mentioned something like that in the IRC channel when we asked there; I figured it would be useful to post the request here as well for additional feedback (from those not in the IRC channel) and to have the request in writing.

I fully suspect the Full IPR being a great mystery and hard to setup for people going all the way back to the first IPR in AO. When Gaute was still GD and told everyone famously to not expect such an event every again in the history of AO. Yes I still laugh when I read those old post.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Full IPRs just cost you some IP at the end of the day, most likely due to incorrect reset pathing through the skill tree. And if you were around in the time of IP Bonus Items that would mean even more lost IP.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Why not just give people unlimited IPRs so we don't need an FIPR in the first place
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Poke Faster Plz!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Full IPRs just cost you some IP at the end of the day, most likely due to incorrect reset pathing through the skill tree. And if you were around in the time of IP Bonus Items that would mean even more lost IP.
    Yes unfortunately this is true, ive had and used 3 Full IPR's and can tell I have lost some IP's along the way. Not sure if there is a way to rcoup those or not or if they are just lost for ever. An inconvienance for sure but not yet unplayable. Is there a specific petition or email site I should send this to for corrective action? Or is this something that I may just have to resign myself to?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Yes unfortunately this is true, ive had and used 3 Full IPR's and can tell I have lost some IP's along the way. Not sure if there is a way to rcoup those or not or if they are just lost for ever. An inconvienance for sure but not yet unplayable. Is there a specific petition or email site I should send this to for corrective action? Or is this something that I may just have to resign myself to?
    Not possible to have them recouped until such time as they do the simplest fix for the Full IPR System and just give you the correct amount of IP Points for your level instead of resetting out of each skill and then adding that to your total point count.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Not possible to have them recouped until such time as they do the simplest fix for the Full IPR System and just give you the correct amount of IP Points for your level instead of resetting out of each skill and then adding that to your total point count.
    And my MA that I have had from launch that made good use of the Rings of Knowledge and has almost 6000 more IP than characters that have never used those items would be very screwed. There is just no compensation for extra IP. 6000 may not seem like much but when things are tight it is a huge amount.

And toons like mine is why the IPR system works like it does.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    And toons like mine is why the IPR system works like it does.
    Yep, that is true. And it's unfortunate they never[1] structured the data record in such a manner as to have an "extra IP garnered" value store to which end they would be able to do Full IPRs just resetting you to base, giving you the IP for your level, and adding the "extra".

[1] Obviously I don't speak for FCs Dev Team on the matter so I might be incorrect.

We only really need full IP resets to reset abilities, why not just include individual abilities in the normal resets. Amount of ip reset is the amount you get back to use?
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by shamenOTC View Post
    We only really need full IP resets to reset abilities, why not just include individual abilities in the normal resets. Amount of ip reset is the amount you get back to use?
    The reason is clear and has been posted before. But for completeness.

Skills are based on an ability. So take MA skill. It requires X agility for Y MA skill. If they let us reset singles and included abilities in the functionality then you could max agility and max MA and then reset agility and use the ip elsewhere.

As such if you ever watch the full IPR reset occur you will notice it resets all the skills and then when every skill has been processed it does the abilities.

So if they were to allow single ability resets the system would have to check every skill that uses said ability and reset it as well. So you could in theory reset all your skills with just 6 IPR's by resetting the 6 base abilities. Since that is clearly not the design or intent of single resets I think it is safe to say we will never see single ability resets. Let alone the mountain of code Macro and Vhab would have to write to make all checks.

And sadly I believe that if they do actually code Full IPR's they will be Item Shop buy-able only. After all it would make sense that it would generate good revenue and revenue keeps the doors open and the servers on.
    Lheann

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

when will we get a full ipr without removing all stuff ?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by phybrizo View Post
    when will we get a full ipr without removing all stuff ?
    Never
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

rebalance will make a serious problem for many peeps then, even if it's much more easyer than before to go full alpha or twink some weapons, it'll definively ask too much ressources, itemsand outside buffs, including towers to reequip characters.
    with the actual low population it's not that easy to get buffs and items to borrow (not everyone have a twink bank with all ingame items at will).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast