Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faction / Side Change for Lvl 200 - 220

Faction / Side Change for Lvl 200 - 220

I would like to see a possibility to change side past 200. The only (ingame) possibilty is given to Neuts. Why can they chose a side, while Omni / Clan can't ? Were's the deeper meaning behind that ?

Don't tell me about th ability to use Xan Merit or some items =Clan /=Omni. Some items they can't use from neither side, some (unique) items they can use from both sides.

Neuts know about the (dis-)advantages of their chose (side), when they hit 200+, or at least they should know. But nevertheless FC added 200+ Aplication forms, buyable in SL-garden, useable only by neuts. So where is the fairness ? Either everyone can change side or no one.

Every fr00b or paid sub-200 is able to change side, if they find a proper Application form and get the needed faction (if SL). So why refuse this to Shadowknowledge ?

Maybe some had the idea, that being Omni / Clan with a certain toon is fine at a time, but the sitaution may change and he/she would like to change side without re-rolling toon (Imagine a fully equiped toon, with all that NODROPs like Alpha Symbs, etc)

Some may argue, this will end up in players, changing side like underwear, whenever the think "the other side is stronger". There are 2 facts that prevent that behavior:
    • Side skill lock ! Make it huge for 200+ ! somehow like 2400 hours, which meanes 100 days of playtime
    • Money ! Imagine side change like 1200 FCP, which means 10€ in my case (dunno about $$ exactly). That would end up in 80€ to faction-change a whole Account.

The Items shop should just sell the "Aplication form QL220" itself, still you would have to farm oposite faction, so nothing to be done 'within some minutes'
    Last edited by Rantopha; May 7th, 2012 at 16:34:08.
    Thalestris, 220/30/70 Keeper /// Dr. "Remy" Hadley, 220/30/70 Doctor /// Rantopha, 220/30/70 Fixer /// Luminaraa, 220/30/70 NM Enforcer
    Dr. Chris Taub, 150/20.99/42 Doctor /// Rantofa (old fr00b Main) Part 1 Part 2 /// Axeflower, 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Seems like our nature here in AO (and I am no exception) is to:
    - Criminalize the behavior we don't like then
    - Ask Funcom to remove said behavior.

hm, after nearly 4 weeks, anyone of the Officials saying
    "yes, might be possible" or "no never ever" ?
    Thalestris, 220/30/70 Keeper /// Dr. "Remy" Hadley, 220/30/70 Doctor /// Rantopha, 220/30/70 Fixer /// Luminaraa, 220/30/70 NM Enforcer
    Dr. Chris Taub, 150/20.99/42 Doctor /// Rantofa (old fr00b Main) Part 1 Part 2 /// Axeflower, 220/30/70 Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Dem spies
    not very stealthy spy
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rantopha View Post
    Why can they chose a side, while Omni / Clan can't ?
    Cause you already chose your side and had plenty of time to reconsider, duh. Still, I'm inclined to agree, but not if this will take the form of another pay2pwn item shop gimmick, for obvious reasons.

I've sent a message to tnet admins linking your post.
    Last edited by MassDebater; May 12th, 2012 at 13:59:11.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    I've sent a message to tnet admins linking your post.
    thanks a lot

The side change is something you have to decide till level 200. Don't think that will ever change, so let's stick with what we got.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slynn View Post
    The side change is something you have to decide till level 200. Don't think that will ever change, so let's stick with what we got.
    This is a game, and for the sake of enjoyment for some people I think you SHOULD be able to swap sides post 200.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Didn't it give you a big message about how you can never change side when you hit 200?

If you want to ebay clan chars and go omni or vice versa, that's your problem.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

I disagree with OP. Changing sides is a bad idea.
    This is like today we hunt for some terrorist, and the next day this terrorist will lead the same forces to do something else.
    Logic at its "best" in my opinion.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Smile

100 % agree with the OP and 200% agree with:

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    This is a game, and for the sake of enjoyment for some people I think you SHOULD be able to swap sides post 200.
    Personally I am waiting a long time for this and i can not see how this would imbalance things when a level 220 can take a look at the "good" side :-).

It wouldn't be such a big deal if clan didn't get the most amazing set of PvM armor in the game.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Bump.

I wanna go neut already.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    It wouldn't be such a big deal if clan didn't get the most amazing set of PvM armor in the game.
    Not sure if troll.

I have absolutely no flipping clue what set of armor you could possibly be referring to.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    I have absolutely no flipping clue what set of armor you could possibly be referring to.
    Enjoy.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Seriously?

You can't come up with anything better than those?
    Because Race Yalm

Kergen's sucks.

Kergen's:

AAO
    Nano Delta
    Initiatives
    Nano Skills

Jatho's:
    AAD
    Heal Delta
    Evades/NR
    Nano Cost
    Treatment/First Aid
    Facebook

Kergen's:

AAO
    That's why it's better right there.

Then again, the gain from either set isn't gonna change much.
    Because Race Yalm

That's why it's better right there.
    AAO is pretty useless in PvM. In PvP, CC/CM/CSS adds much more AR.

Then again, the gain from either set isn't gonna change much.
    Full Benefits from Jathos':

-25% Nano Cost
    +21 HD
    81 AAD
    28 Evades

These benefits make my enfo pretty much unstopable in PvM. -55% nano cost self. Over 300 HD. Enough evades to make most mobs miss reliably. Not to mention how nice the extra NCU is.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Didn't it give you a big message about how you can never change side when you hit 200?

If you want to ebay clan chars and go omni or vice versa, that's your problem.
    Not often I agree with MassDee but LOL funny! +1
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast