Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No more clicksaver/item assistant?

There's a compile error at the moment, but I am still hoping to get it done today. Of course, my version of today is different being on the west coast of the US I still have 8 1/2 hours!

Go play with the anniversary stuff for a bit and check back in a while
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

im from germany i go sleep now
    It´s posible to find Typos ! but u can have all of them !

Looks like one more day for Clicksaver. Sorry guys, it's something out of my control
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Unfortunately this doesn't look like an easy fix. Changing the "AO locating method" only seems to not be doing the trick alone. In fact, AO simply crashes when CS tries to hook into it. Sorry, but I doubt I can fix this with the amount of time I can invest in it at this point. This will need someone to look deeper into what else might have changed internally in AO.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

I really dont understand why people still use CS.
    I am sure it was nice to have ten years ago but its uncomfortable and after patches its just annoying.

I was really happy after Mishbuddy came out, it works like a charm and i never looked back.
    When i had only one monitor, the best thing was, it works in the backround, so you can still browse, work or watch a film while it clicks.

http://www.mmotoolbox.com/

Clicksaver also makes AO crash as soon as you open a mish terminal if you just force AO to change it's window text (SetWindowText) as well. So yeah, it's something beyond just being unable to locate the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Peku View Post
    I am sure it was nice to have ten years ago but its uncomfortable and after patches its just annoying.

I was really happy after Mishbuddy came out, it works like a charm and i never looked back.
    When i had only one monitor, the best thing was, it works in the backround, so you can still browse, work or watch a film while it clicks.

This. While I admire the work that has been put into CS, mishbuddy is less buggy, slightly simplier to use (not a big deal thou) and it has (or used to have) some features that CS doesn't contain.

'course, Mishbuddy doesn't work any better than CS atm. I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Gorathon; Jun 22nd, 2012 at 20:37:34.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Despite other options, I know a lot of people don't like change, have set ways of doing things, and would prefer to stick with what they already know. So for those reasons, we're still going to get this done. As we don't know what changes have been made to AO in this last patch that have effected so many programs, it's just taking a bit longer to get it patched.

Thank you for your patience

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    I know a lot of people don't like change, have set ways of doing things, and would prefer to stick with what they already know.
    Thats why washboards are still so popular, despite a fringe technology called washing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    There's a compile error at the moment, but I am still hoping to get it done today. Of course, my version of today is different being on the west coast of the US I still have 8 1/2 hours!

Go play with the anniversary stuff for a bit and check back in a while
    There are other people in my timezone who play this game? Could've fooled me.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Thats why washboards are still so popular, despite a fringe technology called washing machine.
    Lets not forget that washing machines dont sound nearly as good when paired with a jug and banjo

Despite the sarcasm, your statement is actually quite true. You might be surprised how many people in rural communities still use them due to restrictions on available power or wiring to run a washing machine, or they just want to save money. They're also very popular with new parents that use fabric diapers, for reasons that I'm sure are obvious if you think about it

As I did not say most people don't like change, or even a lot of people, the small minority I referred to is who we want to make this update work for

The behavior that I have been getting is if CS is started after AO then nothing happens when a mission is rolled. If I start CS first then AO I do get the mission details in CS when I roll. But I also get the "Anarchy Online is not running error" which is caused by FC adding - "Character name" to the window title. Can anyone duplicate this?

Interesting, that's almost working already... CS only needs to hook into the game once at launch, the window name then is still "Anarchy Online". So if that's working it's great and should indeed be able to get roll results. However it is not for me, which is why I sort of surrendered on trying to get it to work.

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Because some of us refuse to legitimize a tool used to profit off someone else' intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Because some of us refuse to legitimize a tool used to profit off someone else' intellectual property.
    Exactly. that's like winning a bid on raid loot and then having someone else take it and try to sell it to you.

as for clicksaver, I'm working on an unofficial fix, with source code when I'm done.

so far I see that it needs a FindWindow replacement.
    I've taken the liberty of including such a thing.

Code:
    /*
     * @file findwindow.c
     * @author William "Xyphos" Scott <Xyphos@xyphos.com>
     * @date 23 Jun 2012 06:02 (AM)
     * @purpose Provides an universal method to locate AO's window based on partial name matches
     *          since the 18.05.00 update changed how things worked.
     * @licence PUBLIC DOMAIN
     */

#include <Windows.h>

HWND AoHwnd;

BOOL CALLBACK EnumWindowsProc(
      __in  HWND hwnd,
      __in  LPARAM lParam
    ) {
    	CHAR buffer[512];	

ZeroMemory( buffer, sizeof( buffer ) );
    	GetClassName( hwnd, buffer, sizeof( buffer ) );

if( strstr( buffer, "Anarchy client" ) == &buffer[0] ) {
    		ZeroMemory( buffer, sizeof( buffer ) );
    		GetWindowText( hwnd, buffer, sizeof( buffer ) );

if( strstr( buffer, "Anarchy Online" ) == &buffer[0] ) {
    			AoHwnd = hwnd;
    			return FALSE;  /// stop enumerating, we found it.
    		}
    	}

return TRUE; /// continue enumeration
    }

HWND WINAPI FindAoWindow() {
    	AoHwnd = NULL; /// null
    	EnumWindows( &EnumWindowsProc, 0 ); /// enumerate
    	return AoHwnd; /// return.
    }

However, that's only half of the battle.
    it seems that the hook itself is not broadcasting any WM's to CS.
    ...I'm gonna have to pick apart the hook to find out what's wrong; the packets may have changed (again)

EDIT: I sent in a probe, it never came back.
    diagnosis: hook no longer attaches and I don't know why.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jun 23rd, 2012 at 13:50:39.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Yeah, I'd figured that much out... am going to look at using Detours, which is what AOIA uses (which is still working just fine). Your code will be useful though... simply changing the second parameter of FindWindow to NULL seemed to get somewhere, but I'm sure this is a more robust solution.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    EDIT: I sent in a probe, it never came back.
    diagnosis: hook no longer attaches and I don't know why.
    Getting it to attach isn't so big of a problem, I've gone past that step but ended up with AO crashing on attaching. So yeah, something changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Yeah, I'd figured that much out... am going to look at using Detours, which is what AOIA uses (which is still working just fine). Your code will be useful though... simply changing the second parameter of FindWindow to NULL seemed to get somewhere, but I'm sure this is a more robust solution.
    Well, 2nd NULL would work too, and probably the simpler option.
    my code is slightly slower as it enumerates all windows on the system, but it's sure to find the AO window as it's a bit more strict then just NULL for window name.

either method would work. I just wanted to contribute a little.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast