Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Models 4 j00!

Talking 3D Models 4 j00!

Hi, I am a 3D Gaming Teacher and I would like to offer up services for 3D Models for stuff that can actually be used in game. This all stems from this beef I have with the One Hander Shotgun that looks like a hair dryer and since almost every single pvp fixer uses one (including my self) I just want to have my army of students model like 100 shotguns for you guys in an effort to replace that stupid ugly hair dryer model. So my question to you is, if I had my student's model a ton of shotguns (we use 3Ds Max) would you even consider using the model? What file type would you need the model to be in order to use it? Do you need anything modeled specifically that I might be able to put my students to work on; my plan is to hand you a variety of completed models to choose from so you will have options. Also if I need any specific information about file size, texture maps file types, anything specific at all please have someone contact me. Not only will you benefit from free workers but you can help improve some of these old out dated model you guys have had around since the start of AO!

BTW the school year will end soon so this would be implemented as a project for the following school year, would be a while for results but if you guys accept outside work I will flood you with 3D assets, so please contact me or reply here.

Gridsurffer

That sounds interesting tbh. You could also offer it as something just to throw out to your current students, not an assignment, but just see if any of them will take on the task for fun.

Perhaps you could send the GD some pictures of the models, i think that's what the good old doc did to get his work ingame, or at least posted it on forums, i can't remember.
    Then if they like it i'm sure they will give you the details about fileformat etc etc.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

give them extra credit for actually playing AO
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

A simple 'no thanks' would have been better then nothing.

I would have tried with a PM to Lindelu or Kintaii I think, rather than a post which may get overlooked.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Anything at all would be better than these pineapple trees.
    Last edited by -Bugsplat; May 7th, 2012 at 21:59:00.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Think the shotguns are bad? Have you seen the grenade launchers that look like purses?

I wish you luck, no one should turn down free, quality help like you're offering for their game, but some company policies are just...

Try sending a PM to one of the higherups.

Just noticed my setting were set to not receive private message, please admins if you tried to reach me and failed please feel free to resend me the message.

You can try to PM Docaholic. He was quite successful in his attempt to improve AO and might be able to point you to the proper people who got his foot in the door.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Got a response from a team member lets see what happens.

"Hi!
    First I think this offer is super duper cool, whether we could do it or not (:
    We currently have plans to re-make a lot of assets for the new engine update, but I know there are a lot of things (like for example old weapons) that may not be re-made by the team due to time restrains.

I will bring your offer up with the team this week!

Kindly,

Fia"

Not just any team member either.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

I hope AO team knows that new engine update is only a part of what it needs to be updated too. Lot of graphical objects need improvement, and a more user friendly cuztomizable gui.

One thing they could implement is the possibility of using mods for players; this way every player can update/try some new sh**t out and see if it fits his playstyle. Want shiny look/textures/objects/guns look a bit different? download mod super gunz!

Lot of creative ppl are playing AO and for what regards the item substitution they could send to FC those files and the game could be updated... a game made by players for players...ring any bell?
    Of course i know some things cannot be changed but this is something which would give benefit to the game and perhaps attract new players. Make it a tradeskilling process?? Customize some old weapons and upgrade to new style?

In any case respect for OP and his good will.

I like where this may be going. Keep in touch with the Gamedirector
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

any links to the finish project or attempts ? or it'll come out as soon as the new engine comes out ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I hope you realise there's a bunch of problems with legality of using other people's copyrighted content in your game?

Also, how is "game mechanics" a relevant forum? O.o Game Suggestions would seem the right one.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I hope you realise there's a bunch of problems with legality of using other people's copyrighted content in your game?
    Student work would not be copyrighted for the most part... most school have students sign an agreement that their works while in school for projects is under dual ownership between the student and the school and the school reserves the right to use student project in any fashion they wish.

Also I am sure the student would willing sign a piece of paper giving the right away to FC as long as they were allowed to use it in their portfolio.

Fix fossegrim/hammerhead/minibull
    Those meshes make me embarrased.

Badorde 220/30 ranger troxer adphy
    Mindsphere 220/30 soli crattikus
    Crowey 220/30 nindja tr0xs healthgivas
    Badorder 220/30 pewpew troks reflector
    Badodor 220/30 tarder

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    Student work would not be copyrighted for the most part... most school have students sign an agreement that their works while in school for projects is under dual ownership between the student and the school and the school reserves the right to use student project in any fashion they wish.

Also I am sure the student would willing sign a piece of paper giving the right away to FC as long as they were allowed to use it in their portfolio.
    Everything is copyright to the artist the moment it's conceived. You don't have to do anything to have copyright. I've never heard of any school where you sign off ownership of your content, but then, I wouldn't put file it under unlikely for places where you pay fortunes for your schooltime.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast