Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wait, so is the 21 item limit for player shops going to be removed?

Wait, so is the 21 item limit for player shops going to be removed?

Sorry if this comes across as being a stupid question. I petitioned about it and, apparently, not even a GM knew the answer. The limit seems like quite a setback for something called a global market.

Funcom employee

We have no plans on doing that, no.

21 items per container seems to hardcoded pretty deep into the caverns of old spaghetti code, I bet it's not going to be a trivial thing to change.

You can open extra shops of 21 slots each, see item shop next month
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I love having to log and relog multiple chars just for the sake of it.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Seeing the replies following this statement, it may need some clarification.

Does this mean you have no intention of applying a limit to how many items you can have for sale?

Edit: Nvm. I was confused with how OP formatted their post.
    Last edited by Demoder; May 9th, 2012 at 15:45:30.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Wow. Why would you not remove the limit?
    It seems kind of silly to have a global market with buy orders/sell orders and such that limits you to 21 items. Might as well leave the shops as they are now.
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post
    It seems kind of silly to have a global market with buy orders/sell orders and such that limits you to 21 items. Might as well leave the shops as they are now.
    Really? You have so many items you want to sell, right now, right there?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Really? You have so many items you want to sell, right now, right there?
    You obviously don't understand the concept of buy/sell orders.
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

My guess is - to stop people from using the GMS as an extra (infinite size) backpack.

Now if only they would get over that issue and just lock the stuff you put on GMS to your inventory/backpacks/bank (like you lock your equipped items), and then raise the limit to as much as you can normally hold...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    21 items per container seems to hardcoded pretty deep into the caverns of old spaghetti code, I bet it's not going to be a trivial thing to change.
    Quoted for people who didn't notice.
    Because Race Yalm

You obviously don't understand the concept of buy/sell orders.
    No, seems silly.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Most people would have no problem finding not 21 , but 210 items to sell if managing multiple shops wasn't such a hassle.

running to shops keep my candy loving chubby shade in tip-top shape! leave the gms alone^^
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

I'm curious, why would people use it for infinite storage? I've leveled to 220 three times and even on a 7 year old, former froob, tradeskiller, there is not that many items I would want to keep for myself...

Oh right need 30 bags of social outfits
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

On my chars I used 4 shops for symbs only, have no time and will to maintain more. On my froob chars I still have more than 20000 items (hundreds and thousands of arul saba gems, biomaterials, pocket bosses patterns, etc.), with no real way to ever sell them. After adding of buy orders, the 21 item limit is seriously very low.
    Please atleast divide the sell and buy orders (separate limit for both). The chance to selling stacks of items or buying one of a stack will be very pleased adddition too.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    I still have more than 20000 items (hundreds and thousands of arul saba gems, biomaterials, pocket bosses patterns, etc.), with no real way to ever sell them.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    On my chars I used 4 shops for symbs only, have no time and will to maintain more. On my froob chars I still have more than 20000 items (hundreds and thousands of arul saba gems, biomaterials, pocket bosses patterns, etc.), with no real way to ever sell them. After adding of buy orders, the 21 item limit is seriously very low.
    Please atleast divide the sell and buy orders (separate limit for both). The chance to selling stacks of items or buying one of a stack will be very pleased adddition too.
    This....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I wonder how big the market would get if every toon was allowed say 100 or 500 slots? Right now, I usually only put the high credit items or highly needed items in the shop to sell since space is a premium. And mainting shops on lots of toons is also a pain.

More slots = more items moving in the game. I think that would be better for everyone. And with the current 6% tax, one heck-of-a credit sink.

On another note - would love an answer to how the "org only" shop is being addressed - if at all with the new market system. That is a great benefit for the org and I would hate to lose it.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Getting rid of the 21 slot limit would be interesting supply and demand-wise.

It used to be minor fun to put bio-materials on one toon's shop in strange QLs but with high price. Because someone needed most of them eventually. It wasn't a huge profit, but it was fun.

If I could just stick everything in a player shop, that'd undoubtedly mean more supply, lower prices, but a more lively market too.

By the way - with the new system, is there any (easier) way than currently to check what the others are selling their similar items for? And is it sufficiently easy?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast