Thread: Keybinds

Keybinds

Hey all, i am back!

I have a problem keeping my keybinds.

I set them up on my main, but whenever i log an alt (i think that is what causes it) i get some of the standard keybinds back.
    I have 2 accounts, so that might play into it as well.

- Will having the same keybinds on my army of alts fix that?

- Is there a way to bind shift+mouse button 1 to 5 ?

Thanks in advance!

Keybinds are not account-wide. You will have to set them on each of your alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Aimed shot to me is not "I'm running in circles and I'm dressed like a big effing slobbering dog with two heads and I can't barely tell my ass from my face and I can see through walls but I can't hold a gun, but I can stop for a half second and aim out my ass at you and pop you for 10k PVP damage because FC thinks two headed dogs are cute and I'm an advy, why don't you just give me your PVP points because you'll never kill me even with a zerg"

Quote Originally Posted by Bluephazon View Post
    Keybinds are not account-wide. You will have to set them on each of your alts.
    I set them up like i wanted them, but the standard keybinds keep coming back
    in addition to the ones i set up.

For example i did unbind A and D from turning left and right and bound it to straving.
    When i logged in later A was bound to turn left and strave left...

Also is there any trick to bind "press left and right mouse button" to run forward?

Installing/patching/playing AO on Windows Vista / 7

In this post you can find general guidelines to follow in order to avoid the most commonly encountered issues when installing, patching and running the game, especially on Windows Vista and Windows 7, such as:

• Game settings are not saved or reverting to a "static" state at each login
    • Keyboard bindings are not saved, reverting to a default state or everything becomes unassigned after patching

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Gerlinde View Post
    I set them up like i wanted them, but the standard keybinds keep coming back
    in addition to the ones i set up.

For example i did unbind A and D from turning left and right and bound it to straving.
    When i logged in later A was bound to turn left and strave left...

Also is there any trick to bind "press left and right mouse button" to run forward?
    If you use /camp to log between chars, the key binding from previous chars applies to current char. It reverts to normal if you /quit and relog.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Thank you Lainbr, that was very useful information!