Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improved Jobe pistol #3524634

Improved Jobe pistol #3524634

either increase cap ar on jobe or extend clip size. favourably both. doublereloading blows and it's not like an ar cap increase would make that much of a difference dmg wise. support profs will still wtfpwn advy dmg and soldiers don't use theirs anyways.

so please, please, pretty please with a stripper (if you want) on top.

Yeah advies need a boost bump
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

its a convenience kinda thing really

More AR is not "convenience"
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

dude, i'm asking to increase ar cap for the jobe, not for more ar per se. tell me one other tl7 weapon with an ar max beneficial skill of 1000?

Both soldj/advy jobe should be updatable

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    dude, i'm asking to increase ar cap for the jobe, not for more ar per se. tell me one other tl7 weapon with an ar max beneficial skill of 1000?

1223 and that's with a lower range, worse min dmg and used by more professions than the adv fa pistol.

actually i think the craphander is just used by profs that want as+fa combo these days - aka fixers

but i agree, the craphander is crap. but it ought to be crap, an as pistol for everyone with decent min dmg would be op. sorry, my bad. is op.

plus: at least the advy jobe's a pure pvm weapon. updated sold jobe might ofc be viable in pvp. depends. dont think that'd be a roblem though.
    Last edited by Xootch; May 18th, 2012 at 15:19:32.

fixers, engies and soldiers actually.

an as pistol for everyone with decent min dmg would be op. sorry, my bad. is op.
    i agree
    Last edited by Lazy; May 18th, 2012 at 15:27:46.

yes, that was the hidden "joke" in that statement.

back to the topic: all i'm asking for is to spare us the constant reloading before and after each fa (ofc after is okay), sometimes, when you have to reload main hand as well (since you cannot selectively reload one hand), you reload 3 times for one fa. i do think that deserves an update. i just think while we're at it, an mbc increase would be overdue and convenient, but the essential part is the increase of clip size. do you disagree with any of that lazy?
    Last edited by Xootch; May 18th, 2012 at 15:55:28.

Increase the clip size on the Jobe guns already!

It doesn't unbalance anything :P
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

First of all shenanigans!!! TL7? I used jobe sol pistol at tl3-5!!! If and it's a big IF you used this weapon at tl7 for FA then you are working bass ackwards. You want FA that badly then this is what you get, jobe pistols are very powerfull for the lvl you can equip them. The weapons should be capped dmg wise far before tl7 anyway.
    Last edited by Psikie; May 18th, 2012 at 20:20:38.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    First of all shenanigans!!! TL7? I used jobe sol pistol at tl3-5!!! If and it's a big IF you used this weapon at tl7 for FA then you are working bass ackwards. You want FA that badly then this is what you get, jobe pistols are very powerfull for the lvl you can equip them. The weapons should be capped dmg wise far before tl7 anyway.
    Doesn't apply to my soldier but I'm still using the jobe advy full auto pistol on my 220 advy. The plan is to use that for pvm and swap to the troa'lar for pvp. I thought that was pretty much the standard setup for ranged advy's these days.. isn't it?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Ranged advy isnt something ive ever fancied so i wont speak to those setups. However i do know that the jobe pistols are effective tl3-5 weapons. If you only have that as an option for tl7 it would lead me to believe FA is not something the developers intended for tl7 advy easily.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Ranged advy isnt something ive ever fancied so i wont speak to those setups. However i do know that the jobe pistols are effective tl3-5 weapons. If you only have that as an option for tl7 it would lead me to believe FA is not something the developers intended for tl7 advy easily.
    The thing is.. the problem with having to reload for Full Auto happens even at the very minimum level you can equip the pistol. Whether it is being used by a TL 3/4 or a TL7 isn't really relevant to the fact that the clip size is too small. Really, the level of the user of the pistol only applies to the 2nd part of the OP's request which was to increase the MBS of the pistol. My advy seems to still do good dmg with the pistol even with its existing stats.. the reloading thing, however, has been a bother from the first day I got the pistol on. The same also applies, iirc, to when I used the soldier version on my soldier back in the day.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

as jill pointed out none of that changes the fact that it's still a standard tl7 pvm weapon. wish we had something else after tl3-5 but we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The thing is.. the problem with having to reload for Full Auto happens even at the very minimum level you can equip the pistol. Whether it is being used by a TL 3/4 or a TL7 isn't really relevant to the fact that the clip size is too small. Really, the level of the user of the pistol only applies to the 2nd part of the OP's request which was to increase the MBS of the pistol. My advy seems to still do good dmg with the pistol even with its existing stats.. the reloading thing, however, has been a bother from the first day I got the pistol on. The same also applies, iirc, to when I used the soldier version on my soldier back in the day.
    I agree with you, however that is the drawback to the weapon. Small clip size. Jobe pistols are powerfull weapons for the min lvl to equip. They are balanced by small clip size and MBS, to alter those would make them OP at lower lvls where they are primarily used.

For comparison sake, no one suggested changes to the frost scythe that was standard tl5-7 weapons for a few profs before AI. Docs/trad/engi/crat/mp even though none of those profs have 2he support naturally. Advy doesnt naturally have FA support much either so it's a tradeoff.

Hitting reload before firing off FA is a hassle but it's a tradeoff for using that weapon. Otherwise strap on a KMP or OFAB and have bigger clip. Its a tradeoff for using a Jobe pistol with excellent min dmg and low equip skills.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You bring up a good point; there's no reason why a weapon usable by people under <100 should still be useful at TL7. Obviously the JEPP needs 2x the reqs along with its higher AR cap. Either that or drop the damage significantly and add a new weapon intended for higher levels.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

did you even read it ? he asked for an upgrade, so lets say this upgrade had a tl6 requirement ... how would that overpower tl3s ? Also I doubt a tl3 would be able to easily get the AR and FA skill to hit over the 1k MBS and use over ten bullets per FA without twinking, twinking should have rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

f advies. should remove that prof from the game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast