Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012 is delayed

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update: June 2012 is delayed

The newsletter this month will be released sometime next week. Fia has been super busy, as these are exciting times and a lot is going on with Anarchy Online!
    Last edited by Ilaliya; Jun 29th, 2012 at 19:02:37.

Not a problem, we make up our own while waiting
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=600222
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Poor Fia >.<
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    not a problem, we make up our own while waiting
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=600222
    :d:d:d:d

First page!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

lol
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

First page

nerf crats

sorry to hear
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Since it is being delayed I think I'll throw in a few questions I have since lindelu has, in the past, taken time to answer player questions

1. Enforcer mongo currently is acting like a fear instead of a taunt, in my experience, on some green mobs. Bug or some intentional way of causing mongo to fear grey mobs that somehow got borked?

2A. Is there a listing of upcoming or pending GMI changes and if so, could that be placed as a sticky someplace for player viewing?

2B. There are aspects of the GMI that many of us are not clear on:
    - Mail box limit
    - What happens to mail when that limit is reached
    - What happens when a player has 4bil credits in their inventory account and someone purchases an item via one of their sell orders.

I'm sure there are other things but is Funcom going to produce its own FAQ on the GMI so that players aren't left wondering about basic and critical mechanics? Player guides are great but it would be nice if a Dev could officially post something to seperate fact from fiction without people finding out the hard way.

3. How is progress going on the New Starter Area and when can we expect to see that on the Test server? <3 Michi!!

4. As a long term player, I am consistently annoyed by the lack of accurate patch notes. Do you all have any plans to do something internally to help assure that your patch notes accurately reflect the changes actually delivered in said patch? It is tough for players to alert you to issues if we aren't sure how things are supposed to work in the first place.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    these are exciting times and a lot is going on with Anarchy Online!
    These forums are a tiny little community, i wont pretend it is "tight nit" not sure if it is nit related at all ( discounting Lazy that is), i am sure tho that you lose any and all goodwill/ credibility you have *earned* from us by now resorting to corporate speak like this. Also i might point out that those of us with a, shall we say subversive mindset will parse that sentence as: "We dun sweet F-A, but look! here is an exclamation mark!".
    Since i have no problem at all with speaking for the entire community, imma have to ask you to cut that out or there will be sanctions.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    These forums are a tiny little community, i wont pretend it is "tight nit" not sure if it is nit related at all ( discounting Lazy that is), i am sure tho that you lose any and all goodwill/ credibility you have *earned* from us by now resorting to corporate speak like this. Also i might point out that those of us with a, shall we say subversive mindset will parse that sentence as: "We dun sweet F-A, but look! here is an exclamation mark!".
    Since i have no problem at all with speaking for the entire community, imma have to ask you to cut that out or there will be sanctions.
    Oh, come on. We have a lot going on and felt Fia needed to spend time working on the game this week (due to scheduling), and next week finish the letter. It actually is pretty exciting watching features take shape. I made a quick post to let you guys know what was going on.

I have no problem believing that you guys work your assets off getting stuff to Live for us, that was not at all the point i was making.

There was simply no call for bad language, is all.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Oh, come on. We have a lot going on and felt Fia needed to spend time working on the game this week (due to scheduling), and next week finish the letter. It actually is pretty exciting watching features take shape. I made a quick post to let you guys know what was going on.
    Well then i hope it wont be another "we have done this and that, and everything is going fine" kind of update. I would be much happier if i could actually see the progress (maybe new player experience screens or so something similar) so i can say for certain "ok seems like they have done some stuff to improve this game". That gives hope. So please provide us with some proof that there is some progress.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

( discounting Lazy that is),
    a special mention just for me? i'm touched

Pictures or it didn't happen and isn't be developed.

hey jerk, don't speak for me! but it does also beg the question of weather or not you come up with a different tone, accent, and dialect for each person of the community that you speak for... if so, your a great man and you can indeed speak for me.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Thumbs down

I heard about some time management classes, they're pretty inexpensive.

Same point, less joke: oh, come on. We've been suggesting for months that she make a few notes ecg week and compile them at the end of the month; that trying to craft an update from scratch is a bad idea. I -- I don't know why I even try anymore.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Sorry to say that to you but `I` did not given you permission to talk on my behalf.

Officialy i am happy with the progress it has been done so far.

Confirmed; devs would rather write forum posts than work on the game.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusius1 View Post
    Sorry to say that to you but `I` did not given you permission to talk on my behalf.

Officialy i am happy with the progress it has been done so far.
    I'm tempting to agree with you as well. AO is mostly missing Advertisement not progress /pff
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Funcom - making ground breaking advancements in the field of not keeping schedules since 2001.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast