Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2012

And we proved our skill through the rest of the levels having to deal with charms; why should we have continue to deal with it at 220?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Because that's the way the profession works. I will add that I believe that Carlo should be insta cast tho. Just like the MP pets.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Also, I don't recall what was up about SL quest rewards etc., doesn't strike me as anything too important as I played through all kinds of stuff here when there was no reward for doing so.
    I believe he's referring to the change in quest rewards for doing the different SL key quests. I also played through that content (key quests) when there was little to no reward for doing them (except convenience). Nevertheless they'd sorta become part of the 'leveling process' in game. I agree that it was something that was OP and not scaled properly but it is one of those things that I think they could've overlooked until the population of the game was higher (and thus forming leveling teams would probably be easier). Similar to the way that they continue to overlook the issue with leveling around the Elysium stage.

I agree that was a bit of a curve ball from my perspective.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 26th, 2012 at 23:46:23.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Hm isn't it that time of the month again ?
    Will we get to see some shinies this time ?
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Still 2 working days left of this month.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Still 2 working days left of this month.
    I know I was just building up anticipation
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    Hm isn't it that time of the month again ?
    that's what he said!

Talking New GMS

Is there any information on how to use the new GMS? I took my stuff out of my shop at our city and found the new interface to not be very user friendly. Also with fees and such added to transaction... I just gave up I'll either post what I want to sell on the shopping channel or just simply sell it as shop food. To me discouraging participation in the GMS like this is not going to get more things in players hands its going to reduce their availablity. It may very well result in the GMS not being used enough to keep. I think Funcom needs to work on it. If someone can explain to me the benefits of the new GMS and how to use it without doing it in an abrasive or condescending way I am willing to listen.

If you look in the 18.5 update forum, there's a sticky at the top where Traderjill posted some how-to videos for it. I'm not sure if any of it changed or not with the downtime today, however. They should still give you a better overview of using it.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    If you look in the 18.5 update forum, there's a sticky at the top where Traderjill posted some how-to videos for it. I'm not sure if any of it changed or not with the downtime today, however. They should still give you a better overview of using it.
    Thank You I'll check. It's just too bad FC isn't more forthcoming with directions thus causing players to do their work.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    If someone can explain to me the benefits of the new GMS
    A few ones (among others) :
    - you don't have to go to the player city to buy an item
    - you can set up a buying order
    - it is cross server
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    A few ones (among others) :
    - you don't have to go to the player city to buy an item
    - you can set up a buying order
    - it is cross server
    - it does a better job of narrowing results
    - it is less friendly
    - it is less intuitive

I find lots to bash FC about but this is new and in some ways better and some it isn't. The old system was very simple and we were so used to it that anything else was going to feel weird at first. I think I need to get used to it before I can really say it is crap or cool. Right now I am leaning towards crap but I just have not used it enough to tell for sure.

About the new engine, do we get the 5.1 audio sound like in AOC and TSW?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusius1 View Post
    About the new engine, do we get the 5.1 audio sound like in AOC and TSW?
    Also, will it recognize my headphones as 5.1/7.1, or will it just mute all the sound if I set it to anything except Stereo like it does in AOC?

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    Thank You I'll check. It's just too bad FC isn't more forthcoming with directions thus causing players to do their work.
    Here is the link just in case ... FC beacon-warped it to Knowledge Database.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=599786

I think Jill has added a few since her first post, might be worth looking at all of them before starting up with the new GMI.

Kinnik

i remember means saying something when pande was instanced, that they will add something to non instanced pande eventually to make it worth while instead of instanced all the time.

did this happen?
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    i remember means saying something when pande was instanced, that they will add something to non instanced pande eventually to make it worth while instead of instanced all the time.

did this happen?
    No, this was not implemented, but I remember him wanting to do this.
    We are not going to continue on those plans as the design was lost with him leaving, but that doesn't mean that we have forgotten about Pande. I personally think it's awkward having a normal Pande and an IPande, so if we had some more time on our hands I would change one of them. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    We are not going to continue on those plans as the design was lost with him leaving, but that doesn't mean that we have forgotten about Pande. I personally think it's awkward having a normal Pande and an IPande, so if we had some more time on our hands I would change one of them. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.
    Suggestion: Put collector in place of normal pande, on same spawntimer as current zods/beast. Put gauntlet in collector current portal, let it be done on demand but have a lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Remove portal mobs, zods and tnh and beast. Add some spiffy dynas at those spots and throw in some hecks at some corners. Make it extension of regular SL...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Make sure it has tons of OP armor/weapons in it. Just wouldn't be right without it.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast