Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    I still say they should let us spend XP to counter other factions' global research. The risk of finding your faction can no longer use the latest mechs because they've been sabotaged could motivate some people.
    It'd motivate me to never come back if I had to grind just to stay where I was
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    It'd motivate me to never come back if I had to grind just to stay where I was
    Well that's how it is now and has always been, so what's the difference?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well that's how it is now and has always been, so what's the difference?
    Er? I don't have to log in and farm XP just to stay exactly where I am. Never have.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Er? I don't have to log in and farm XP just to stay exactly where I am. Never have.
    You didn't? Well, lets consider that you are at the top. The top was once quite a lot lower. So, to get to where you are, you had to grind a ton to get the gear, the levels, the shadowlvls, the alien lvls, the research, and thousands of others grinded side-research and so on. Incremental updates that required you to grind more. What difference does one more make? Or the next content upgrade that makes you grind it for an item? Will that keep you from coming back as well?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

You didn't? Well, lets consider that you are at the top. The top was once quite a lot lower. So, to get to where you are, you had to grind a ton to get the gear, the levels, the shadowlvls, the alien lvls, the research, and thousands of others grinded side-research and so on. Incremental updates that required you to grind more. What difference does one more make? Or the next content upgrade that makes you grind it for an item? Will that keep you from coming back as well?
    The top you describe is relative. Having to grind continuously to maintain the same objective level of performance is not at all the same. There is a huge psychological difference between doing that and improving your gear when new stuff comes out or gaining levels when the cap is raised.

And no, more content and more levels (preferably not just a box with a boss) would actually help bring me back, because an MMO that is going nowhere is an MMO that is dead. The three primary reasons I don't play AO anymore are:

1) Lack of players
    2) Broken, unbalanced gameplay
    3) Lack of new content

The three primary reasons I don't play AO anymore are:

1) Lack of players
    2) Broken, unbalanced gameplay
    3) Lack of new content
    I will start by stating that what I'm about to say, it's not meant to be offensive.

1) Either you got no friends in AO, or the aspect of the game you're into is dead... the only thing I can think of that would fit that, would be RP. I have a small org and never have a problem teaming with any of them at all hours of the day.

2) Yes, some things are unbalanced, but to the level that it's unplayable... then the servers would have been shut down long ago. They are working on it and even making some hard decisions which may not be so popular (removal of /pet hunt for example) but that in the long run makes the game better. Active players can post feedback to help the Devs improve the game, but if you're not playing and just waiting for some miracle "patch" to balance everything, not gonna happen. No MMO is perfect in any way.

3) If you've done every single quest and raid, pwned in PvP with all characters, have every possible title level twink, got every single phat in the game and are bored to tears... did you think about all the knowledge you've accumulated all these years? there is enjoyment in sharing it, in helping others grow so they can learn the game you know like the back of your hand. Have you tried ARK? or maybe joining the AOU Team? so many things to do besides the in-game grind, it's just a matter of looking at it from different angles.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you come back to AO =D
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

must be a huge developement update that we're getting soon(tm).
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    must be a huge developement update that we're getting soon(tm).
    How so? Not having time to write it does not mean it'll be longer than regular or contain more than 1 piece of recycled info stretched into 500 words.
    The Red Brotherhood

How so? Not having time to write it does not mean it'll be longer than regular or contain more than 1 piece of recycled info stretched into 500 words.
    /facepalm
    It was a joke.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    /facepalm
    It was a joke.
    A poor joke. My post was also a joke, but it was more in style with the times.
    The Red Brotherhood

A poor joke. My post was also a joke, but it was more in style with the times.
    being fanboi and joking about being a fanboi can be confusing.
    still Mr. Kintaii would write that 500 word essay in trafic lights on his way from kotoo töihi.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jul 4th, 2012 at 13:55:27.
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Unfortunately, Kintaii apparently is no longer allowed to make his long-winded, but informative and entertaining, posts.
    At least, I haven't seen much of it lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadha View Post
    Unfortunately, Kintaii apparently is no longer allowed to make his long-winded, but informative and entertaining, posts.
    Hopefully he is also not allowed to touch anything content related, we had enough disasters as it is.

Considering the delays that sometimes happen with the monthly update, I am wondering how long it takes for lindelu to write her letter. I assume it should be something pretty straightforward, since it is basically summing up the things the team has worked on in the past month. I'd say if it takes more than an hour, then it's a waste of time. Now if they need to polish some shinies to feed us, that's a different story.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I will start by stating that what I'm about to say, it's not meant to be offensive.

1) Either you got no friends in AO, or the aspect of the game you're into is dead...
    Ah yes, the old "lol get frandz". I have friends (well, last time I logged in I did, I wouldn't be surprised if they also quit). Guess what? They're not always on, and they're not always interested in doing exactly what I'm doing, nor should they be expected to. In other MMOs I can get things done without having to be on at the same time as my friends because there are almost always other people on who want to do what I want to do.
    2) Yes, some things are unbalanced, but to the level that it's unplayable... then the servers would have been shut down long ago.
    It doesn't have to be "unplayable" to be unfun and simply not worth playing. Half the professions might as well not even exist when it comes to endgame PVM.
    3) If you've done every single quest and raid, pwned in PvP with all characters, have every possible title level twink, got every single phat in the game and are bored to tears... did you think about all the knowledge you've accumulated all these years?
    I enjoy helping people but I'm not going to pay $15 a month to do so.
    Thank you for reading, and I hope you come back to AO =D
    I'll come back when the problems I have with the game are addressed.

Important question - Free month?

Its 11th anniversary, and I can't see information regarding free month. Its been common practice from FC side to attract players to resubscribe account, which - in many ways- worked well so far. According to polish AO forums, there are over 20 players awaiting such action, and from my expierience, at least half of them would reactivated accounts for another month (paid one), including me. Seeing poor playerbase novadays, it's seem legit to attract them.

Will there be free month? Or some kinid of promotion: pay 1 month get 2nd free?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Its 11th anniversary, and I can't see information regarding free month. Its been common practice from FC side to attract players to resubscribe account, which - in many ways- worked well so far. According to polish AO forums, there are over 20 players awaiting such action, and from my expierience, at least half of them would reactivated accounts for another month (paid one), including me. Seeing poor playerbase novadays, it's seem legit to attract them.

Nope, they are releasing TSW soon and they want us to try it instead of playing ao. Something like that.

Also there is monthly update:
    Here
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

Ilaliya said in a different thread that the free month would be later in the year. So I guess around the time some of the new features have been implemented.
    The Red Brotherhood

Sowwy FC, but I would rather spend my time with AO then with a game, which is not a mile close to universe I love.

It might be a good tactics - no free month will detract players totally, and it might kill AO for real. So few youngers will try new game and stay there?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

yes. devs hate the game and are trying to kill it etc.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast