Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    [prose]we are going to offer a one of a kind Real Life Vinyl Doll
    Interesting....

Looking forward to spending some time in AO during the summer

Also I'm continually amazed by the sheer number of people who claims to have long quit and being indifferent to its fate, though still care enough to comment in these posts month after month. No one ever quits AO, it will be AO that eventually quits us, I've learned to accept that
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Oh, here we go again... Another update that really looks like a school paper ("damn, a 1000 word report? How could I cheat that?").

TL/DR:
    1. We're still working on stuff. Phats for anniversary. Pet hunt stays for now.
    2. We will be better at moraltalk.
    3. Members of our team are still speaking to each other.

I'm usually not the one that calls "DOOMSDAY" out loud, but please put more effort into communication with the remaining playerbase. We do have a pattern right now:

- Monthly update is posted
    - Members of AO team reply to some questions for a few days
    - Silence that last cca 25 days

Quote Originally Posted by Twangleman View Post
    Looking forward to spending some time in AO during the summer

Also I'm continually amazed by the sheer number of people who claims to have long quit and being indifferent to its fate, though still care enough to comment in these posts month after month. No one ever quits AO, it will be AO that eventually quits us, I've learned to accept that
    yeah right...
    You can tell who quits what by the plummering number of readers of the former FWM and now monthly updates...
    I think I made my point here
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

We're talking about this every other week in the team, but I cannot allow us to start this until we have some of our other commitments done (The new player experience and some of the profession nano changes). We've begun talking to players in game and on the forums also to see what sort of thing you enjoy about pvp, and we'll continue to do so (:
    I know your team has limited both human and financial resources but that doesn't make the customers feel any better when they don't see any results or see a couple results after lots and lots of months (for some stuff) or years (for most of the stuff) of talk talk talk...
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Twangleman View Post
    Oooh, I totally missed this one. I've been away for almost 2 years. Every Friday, I wanted to see some text-wall that would bring me back. Every Friday, I anxiously waited for that post. Now I just refresh old monthly update and towards the end of a month I refresh the subforum it's being posted in.

You're right - I don't want to leave AO, I still believe in it, and if has to come to an end - it would be much better for AO to leave me.

for the first time ever we are going to offer a one of a kind Real ... Doll
    Will it be of Kintaii?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Will it be of Kintaii?
    no one could afford the shipping
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Will it be of Kintaii?
    I don't think the pink nails would be allowed in the U.S.; it'd be labelled as too subversive. Or something.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I did like a lot of what I read, particularly the lag fix, lets hope this actually works. I do have one concern though. I don't think that you guys should be releasing the new market into the game until it's actually done. there are several issues which you yourself have said you're working on to improve usability, and if you send us a broken system into live there are several people you will lose that don't read the forums. Don't do something stupid, be paitent, and do this right.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Thanks Lindelu. To me, things are looking a lot brighter than some months back.
    There is one thing that I think would further improve communication. This would be a timeline of projected release dates for at least the 4 major upcoming changes (new engine, rebalancing, new player experience and server merge). It wouild be great if this also included a projection for other outstanding needed upgrades like the balancing of Shadowlands quests to their intended level of player.
    The new market especially with cross dimensional trading should help balancing the economies and smoothing things for the future merge. It would be great to have a facility for toon server transfer if it is possible to implement that in the near future. Looking at the TSW forum I see that quite a few AO players are involved there. That suggests that the release in 4 weeks will further deplete the number of active players in AO at least for a few months. A facility for toon transfer would, I think, alleviate some of the impact of that.
    Last edited by Kron; May 31st, 2012 at 12:37:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Thanks Lindelu. To me. things are looking a lot brighter than some months back.
    There is one thing that I think would further improve communication. The first would be a timeline of projected release dates for at least the 4 major upcoming changes (new engine, rebalancing, new player experience and server merge). It wouild be great if this also included a projection for other outstanding needed upgrades like the balancing of Shadowlands quests to their intended level of player.
    This has been asked for time and time again, and it has been rejected time and time again.

There is no point in any timelines being released as the probability of them actually meeting those timelines, as demonstrated time and time again over the years, is slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    New engine, coming to a test server near you Q2 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; May 31st, 2012 at 05:47:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    slim to none.
    Optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Optimist!
    I really am trying to look on the bright side. Except in Funcom's case, I have to look at the slightly lighter void of darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I don't think the pink nails would be allowed in the U.S.; it'd be labelled as too subversive. Or something.
    But they're already in the U.S. Expansion Pack, so by that virtue it should be allowed, right ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

This month we've done many alterations behind the scenes to allow for smoother implementation of the proposed systems changes, including back end work to our internal tools platform as well as optimizing existing features, enabling us greater flexibility in the work ahead. You may have seen the after effects of this on the Test Server...
    Look, a whole paragraph of wind milling.

I miss FwMs. We had them every week, and he seemed to put much more effort in them.

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    - Silence that last cca 25 days
    Actually the producer Ilaliya has been quite actively posting on the forum giving replies to this or that.

I suggest having a "blue posts" forum that keeps track of all dev postings.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Sungrave View Post
    Look, a whole paragraph of wind milling.

I miss FwMs. We had them every week, and he seemed to put much more effort in them.
    That's windmilling? It may be low on specifics but it tells you that they've made progress in one of the most important, but boring, parts of the development process. I dunno, maybe I'm just weird for being able to understand these things, but maybe you'd like more info on how their spreadsheets were updated to fit new columns?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Actually the producer Ilaliya has been quite actively posting on the forum giving replies to this or that.

I suggest having a "blue posts" forum that keeps track of all dev postings.
    You mean a dev tracker like all other game forums have?

Nah, too much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    You mean a dev tracker like all other game forums have?

Nah, too much to ask for.
    Yes, in the spirit of AO if you can do it yourself, which you can, then it shouldn't be done for you. See: 90% of AO's usability features.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast