Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    For all i care you can go ahead and even blame pope for those things , none of them happened yet last time i checked. When it hits live server i will check them out and see whats all the fuss about.

Yep, one of benefits of chasing 90% of players away - the merry band of cheerleaders will stick around, playing their last song on a sinking ship.
    SO what you are saying is you dont care until it effects you, even though it will effect everyone, thats some serious I dont care what happends as long as I'm ok..

Seriously Means was great yes He may of promised alot and deliverad a little but he was always in constant communication on the forums with FWM now we get 1 monthly and its not even always on time.. And they bang on about the new engine being so great, If its sooo great they would'nt have taken 8 years + to actually develop it.. Yes I release they changed engine half way through.

And to be quite honest the graphics of The Secert World are not spectacular by any means...

But to just go ahead and say blame means, when he always had ao in his heart and I bet he still does too.

Yep, one of benefits of chasing 90% of players away - the merry band of cheerleaders will stick around, playing their last song on a sinking ship.
    Well, we have a different opinion about Means and his tenure as a GD of Anarchy Online. He's not even close to a perfect GD, but I do believe he was the best one we had so far. Besides, Means didn't make players leave AO; it was Funcom with their ******* **** *** idea of "Item Store" as a valuable revenue-maker. I'd really like to know how much they earned from it - in comparison to the number of players that cancelled because of it.

Still - not Means' fault, as far as we know.

In the end, this **** is as smelly as day-to-day politics and politicians. Right now I'm not so sure - am I a fanboi or a hater?

Quote Originally Posted by wkdboi2 View Post
    SO what you are saying is you dont care until it effects you, even though it will effect everyone, thats some serious I dont care what happends as long as I'm ok..
    Nope, i dont care until they can finish their work on patch, so i can see what has actually been done.

But if you prefer to pointlessly rage about some things that havent even been completed yet, go ahead, i'm sure it will have serious impact.

Seriously Means was great yes He may of promised alot and deliverad a little
    What wonderful gem of incoherence. If he delivered little that he hasnt been great, has he?

but he was always in constant communication on the forums with FWM
    He was in constant communication...telling lies and halftruths. Fantastic, lets give the guy a medal.

But to just go ahead and say blame means, when he always had ao in his heart
    and I bet he still does too.
    He can have AO tatooed on his chest for all i care. I don't question his intentions. I question his results. And results are as follows: from game populated by thousands of players into ghostown.

End of message.

Means did a lot of good for the game, his biggest fault was sharing his ideas and enthusiasm with a pedantic community.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

In all fairness, Means' biggest fault was that he was too optimistic. All the time. But I guess it's the thing that kept the community together. Right now, I feel like I'm repeating what you just said, Siyra.

I wish there was no community.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    This is interesting. 6 months ago (almost) everyone was weeping about the departure of Means; hell - people wanted (and some still want) Funcom to create a statue of Means at ICC. Now - he's one of the main culprits of AO's failure.

I don't idolize anyone, but I think Means did a fairly good job as a GD and had excellent communication skills. I really do hope Lindelu will be at least as good as him.
    I never intended to say that Means did a bad job, but to me it looks like he really wanted to keep AO alive with some content and avoided changes on the system. Aka he worked arround the bugs and problems in the system instead of fixing them because fixing them would be a terrible hard thing to do and it still needs to be proven IF all the problems can be fixed at all.

I did not like that way because i want AO to stay alive as long as possible, maybe 20 years and thats not looking like the right way to do so to me. If you page through the first 2 sites on every FWM you hear critic, bashed by the brown-nosers that see the only purpose of a community in yelling "first", "second" and "fifty-eight".

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I'd go along with a week downtime too for a significant upgrade to the system occuring with the merge of servers. Perhaps time could be saved by archiving accounts that have been inactive for a long time beforehand?
    Oh... i do not need the engine update, the rebalance and i can live with a week (paid) downtime if they collect their forces and fix the most obvious problems, bugs and balance problems.

Actually you cant really fault Means, he was one of the best things in AO for many years, I don't remember many Ninja changes whilst he was at the helm and I believe the one towards the end were due to the changing of staff.
    I do not think i made myself clear. I do not want to fault anyone. Means, Znore and now lindelu did and do what they could and thought was the best for the game. Kudos for that. But now it would be a great time to look back and see what was left behind and what could have been made better.

I really do think that an updated DB and a boosted Tradeskilling system, which would be much easier to implement with an easier to access DB would bring back more old players that re-subscribe for a significant longer time than the average CoD3 player that gets lured in by the new optics and quits a week later because of all the old silly bugs, problems and annoyances.
    Last edited by Garremp; Jun 3rd, 2012 at 11:34:36.

Badorde 220/30 ranger troxer adphy
    Mindsphere 220/30 soli crattikus
    Crowey 220/30 nindja tr0xs healthgivas
    Badorder 220/30 pewpew troks reflector
    Badodor 220/30 tarder

7 years?
    That was old advertising from years ago that FC never took down it seems.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    That was old advertising from years ago that FC never took down it seems.
    2 years ago? You realize AO is turning 11 this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    2 years ago? You realize AO is turning 11 this year?
    Been playing AO since beta of 2000, so yeah I know =P
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Been playing AO since beta of 2000, so yeah I know =P
    I read your post again. My bad, I thought you said 2 years for some reason.

Keep /flexing that epeen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Keep /flexing that mohawk, though.
    ftfy
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by badorde View Post
    I was going to resub when I saw that, then I realized it was from 2008..

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I wish there was no community.
    Go to any major city in AO at any time. How much community do you see? Now think back at what you would have seen 1 year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrattes View Post
    Go to any major city in AO at any time. How much community do you see? Now think back at what you would have seen 1 year ago.
    I did that. To me it doesn't look any different. Now, let's talk 10 years ago, that was different.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I did that. To me it doesn't look any different. Now, let's talk 10 years ago, that was different.
    LF doc at tir south gate PST!

Now do what i did. Log your MP and ninja buff with composites. 20% do not have enough ncu, which is a sign that they are noobs that started 5 days ago, 60% have no expansion. The remaining 20% are here in this thread ranting (including me) and paying for power bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Garremp View Post
    Now do what i did. Log your MP and ninja buff with composites. 20% do not have enough ncu, which is a sign that they are noobs that started 5 days ago, 60% have no expansion. The remaining 20% are here in this thread ranting (including me) and paying for power bill.
    i dont think anyone has an mp except for you.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast