Thread: Supression Gas Ranges Fix Cont'd

Supression Gas Ranges Fix Cont'd

I wanted to re-open this Thread for Civilized Conversation.

It is imperative we get a Range overhaul for Suppression Gas as a close to first priority because nothing else being "Prioritized" is actually having any progress made on it. Right now, since the lack of players populating the servers with their spirits alone is not enough.

I mean seriously what exactly is being Prioritized? Serious Exploits are not being fixed. Exploits that have been in game Several years. Some thought to be fixed and really not. There is an office of Anarchy Online team members and 1 Works on the Engine. From what I understand there are 2 code-monkeys working on the code, and a team full of designers who are stripping content we paid for from the game and possibly working on an expansion for new content that has nothing to do with why people stay and play Anarchy Online. At one time it was all about pvm, in the days before Shadowlands.

Now it's all about PvP. Bringing back a community of hundreds of thousands again is easy, because they are all waiting for the new engine and following PvP content. As has been said by many players, the Engine won't stand alone. You need a precursor PvP expansion (SL Towers) and (Balance) Add that with the RK1+2 Merge and everyone who has left, will be back.

THEN and only then, work on some fabulous PvM Expansion with much content and new items, so people are Actually Excited about grinding and farming for their new items for a useful purpose(PvP) Unless your going to be Uping our Level from 220 to 300, any new Expansion you put out that is not more pvp and towers, is going to be useless, as all the 220's in Game can already defeat it and for what? more items? for Pvm? there is no gain there.

Oh you can say whatever you want, you can rationalize how what I just said is a bunch of BS, but take a survey and find out for yourself. Send all those inactive people a simple e-mail that ask the questions of what I just mentioned and a free month for their time. Does Funcom even actively participate in Market Research? There is a proven system that does not only work when you release a game but much after a game or product has been released and during your product or services lifetime. Market Research, it was your friend.

It's quite simple, why don't Funcom focus harder on what game made it's company what it is?

You take care of your car right? Your Home? Your Lawn? Your Children? You utilize your Education to get further in life? Watch your pennies and the dollars take care of themselves right? When your parents get old and their health fails, you don't just let them rot in their dilapidated home do you? Where they can't take care of themselves? They made you, now it's your turn to take care of them?

It's alright though, Once this brief curiosity about The Secret World Passes, as it did with Dreamfall, Age of Conan Etc. We watched them fade out of existence. Anarchy Online is about the only game that Funcom that still has a name and sparks interest from how long ago now? While their newer games eventually failed and became nameless.

My rant being said, Nothing aginst FC or anyone. Just rationalizing in a civilized way WHY PvP supression needs to be changed. That being said.

Let's have some great Intelligent debate and Insight into this topic. Let's tell Funcom without Trolling each other or FC why we Know what's good for this game is what it is, and why We the People who continually play, know more about the topic.

Thank you all for reading. This has nothing to do with me, It is about all of you the players and I look forward to hearing Intelligent Conversation from all of you on this subject.
    Last edited by MidgarClan; Jun 12th, 2012 at 04:59:15.

Player V.S. Player and Suppression Gas Balance

This document is intended to bring more content, excitement and good ole' fashioned fun to pvp! Currently Player vs Player content is limited and unbalanced. Overpowered and underpowered in many aspects. I am not just talking about players fighting each other. Most of the problems with players fighting each other seeming overpowered has to do with the manner in which we wage war on one another. This document will point out many ways to even the odds between players even without the use of the profession(s) re balance. I do agree the profession(s) re balance is needed but that is not the only way PvP needs to be fixed. Solving the problem with the various professions is only half the problem and will as such only fix half the problem while leaving other problems unchecked and creating more problems. Incorporating the various ideas in this document with the profession(s) re balance will cover most if not all the issues in PvP.

1. Towers and PvP attack level ranges.

• Notum Wars is ancient. It has been live for many years now and there has been little if any adjustment of tower wars to suit the developed content of the game and corresponding player strengths and level ranges. One of the first things that needs to be investigated is the range at which players can attack each other while in a war zone. We will focus on high level tower content for the moment as it is the most neglected portion of tower wars in the game.

• Allow me to be the first to ask the question on everyone's mind: What in the world justifies a 220 character of any strength being able to attack a level 180-200 character in a tower zone? Or any suppression zone? For that matter, what justifies a 220 character being able to attack anyone under level 210 or 215? Even most 215's don't stand a chance against any other profession that is 220.

• We must restore order in tower wars by adjusting the level ranges for which players can be attacked in a suppression zone by another player. Similar to the various battle station level ranges which can still use some adjustment, suppression zones should have similar limitations. Simply adjusting the title level 7 battle station as it is, shows a clear admittance/indication that there is no fairness in 220 players being able to attack anyone under level 215. As it so should be in tower wars. If we simply made the adjustment on suppression gas level ranges, you will restore the balance of power and reinvigorate the power struggle that must be had for control of land.

• As witnessed on a daily basis in high level tower battles, masses of 220's go out with their respective raid bots and crush the opposing raid force with much success and accuracy. Towers in this range are rarely change hands and it has nothing to do with the number of players subscribed. In fact, player subscriptions on one side or the other maybe down in part because of the lopsidedness of pvp ranges. If 220's could no longer attack anyone under level 210 or 215 in suppression zones, that will open up the door for players to utilize their TL6 characters to wage war on even ground, giving other organizations a chance to win land.
    If an organization wishes to keep their high level base, they best be prepared with their TL6 characters just in case. Implementing this or a similar change will close the huge gap between naturally underpowered players vs naturally overpowered players. This will also encourage community growth on both subscription increase and character creation. Remember, this is only one small change that will encourage growth. All these small changes add up fast in the communities eye, as opposed to large changes that only happen occasionally. The various attack ranges for pvp in suppression gas must be implemented for all levels since the advent of perks. I suggest the following changes for debate:

Current Ranges:
    1-5
    5-9
    9-14
    14-19
    19-25
    25-33
    33-43
    43-55
    55-70
    70-89
    89-113
    113-143
    143-180
    180-220

Reworked Ranges:
    1-5
    5-12
    12-24
    24-36
    36-50
    50-75
    75-92
    92-126
    126-150
    150-174
    174-200
    201-210
    210-220

Battle Station ranges:
    N/A
    10-30
    31-60
    61-100
    101-150
    151-200
    201-214
    215-220

Continued in next post...

We can clearly See something wrong here when we look at current suppression gas pvp ranges (Top) VS the Reworked ranges (Middle) and the compressed Battle Station ranges (Bottom) There is a huge gap to fill here.

• The reworked ranges have surprisingly less total number of ranges and have substantially closed the gap in naturally unfair combat. The suppression gas ranges as they are now have more ranges that substantially open that gap resulting in naturally unfair combat.

• The proposed ranges also have something in common with the community. The italicized and underlined numbers in the reworked ranges column represent the various level *Twink* characters people tend to make for tower war and pvm. Now look at how that corresponds with the current ranges in the top column. Finally, see how it compares to battle station ranges. There is a huge difference here and the point to all of it is; the community has already laid out the guidelines for suppression gas pvp ranges as indicated in the reworked column, over a natural evolution of the game. It has just not been implemented yet.

• Now that we have a reworked Suppression gas pvp range, let's take a look at battle station ranges. These numbers are too closely spaced to offer the player base any real motivation for using most of them. While I can see and agree with the reasoning behind these ranges, it can be worked out just a little bit better. For battle station I propose the following changes with the knowledge that battle station is supposed to be fast paced and available to all players as they are currently set.

(Yes I do believe this first range is necessary to offer as people do have twinks in this range for pvp)

Reworked BS Ranges without Overlap:
    1-12
    13-36
    37-60
    61-90
    91-126
    127-150
    151-200
    201-214
    215-220

Reworked BS Ranges With Overlap
    1-12
    12-36
    36-60
    60-90
    90-126
    126-150
    150-200
    200-214
    214-220

Alternate Ranges Without Overlap:
    1-12
    13-36
    36-59
    60-92
    93-126
    126-150
    151-200
    201-214
    215-220

Alternate Ranges With Overlap
    1-12
    12-36
    36-60
    60-92
    92-126
    126-150
    150-200
    200-214

• Giving the player base options such as this one allow for the prospect of increased subscriptions once again, increased character creation and activity. Believe it or not deciding the final ranges for battle station is quite a challenge for me and I struggle conceiving the “correct” ranges for battle station as it is in fact a very tricky situation to develop the right way. Either way, whatever the final battle station ranges may be, I believe strongly that overlapping the last level of a particular battle station with the first level of the next is key here.

• Battle station ranges can be debated until we are all blue in the face but one fact remains. As it is set-up, there will always be one or two types of ranges that will not usually run, but the key is to get as many range battle stations to run as possible. This should be investigated in depth with the content designers. I can not stress how sensitive this area is and it requires me to explain with a diagram as shown above so you can actually see what we are talking about. As stated earlier, levels of interest are underlined and italicized. I believe this method actively demonstrates how you can anticipate activity in these ranges of battle station.

totaly agree with everysingel thang u said!
    Herooo0 220/30/70 MA
    Darux 220/30/70 Engi
    Spartax 220/30/70 Enf
    X771 220/30/70 Fix
    Exavii 214/30/70 Shade
    Devix 164 trader
    Herooo00 150 MA

Eww, tiered brackets.. no thanks.
    Waiting for a cure.

I don't really get the analysis .. NW doesn't have 'ranges' like BS does, so how is it relevant to assess it that way? Is the suggestion to MAKE NW so it's based on ranges like BS? If it is, no thanks. If people want level locked PVP, they can already get that in BS. What would be the positive benefit to making two PVP encounters in AO that are essentially the same with a different packaging?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Strech Shadowlvls up to 250, should make lvl balance and many more things easier.

Not tiered or locked brackets at all. Same fluidity of ranges as it is now, simply adjusted to better suit game play since all the content that came in after NW expansions

and Bump for more levels
    Last edited by MidgarClan; Jun 17th, 2012 at 18:03:56.