Thread: Getting back into shape

Getting back into shape

Hello everyone.

I've been playing AO since 2004 and stopped right before Xan was released. I had a few 220 characters, I was very active in PvP and owned all of the good stuff. I gave away all of that since I wanted to leave for good.

I created a new account a few days ago and saw that game changed quite a bit. I'm interested in learning about ways to get characters equipped properly without spending too much time just farming credits. What are the good ways to earn credits as a starter?

I think basic armor might be a good way, not exactly fun but you'll get some 5m+ per piece ( i think). The quest is a bit tedious but it produces a steady result, make a 'crat for this and the first part ( scanning mobs) gets very fast as you can charm mobs and bring them to Divenchy. Check with your org. maybe some city-raid farmer will give you a good deal or at least a sure deal
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Daily Missions are definitely something to look for. you'll need to head to your faction's agency to receive them and learn more. there are many signs around the home cities directing you there. there are a few types you should know of:

Normal Daily: a single objective quest that will give you a good chunk of xp (at least 1 lvl worth up will about lvl 120? correct me if i'm wrong)

Elite Daily: assigns you to kill a certain number of various mobs within a dungeon (for example, the totw elite daily: 3 faithfuls, 3 acolytes, 3 reverands, 3 windcallers, 3 exarchs) it will give you a decent amount of xp (not a huge amount) and a certain amount of tokens every time you complete an objective

AI daily: can either take single objective dailies to do solo... or you can get a team AI daily in which you can do a few things. talk to the AI agency receptionist dude for more info. will reward a generous amount of ai xp.

pvp daily: will assign a few various pvp related things. will award xp and tokens. you can get these from going to the antique shop across from FT in bor, going behind the curtains, and heading downstairs
    Dbkeeper - Dbtwohe - Dbtech

www.legendsrk.webs.com

Daily missions will level you fairly quickly, and leave you pretty gimp since the rewards include neither creds nor gear (save an Enigma Dog pet).

I'd suggest doing SL quests for rings, nanos, etc. and (later) Pande, DB, APFs for other gear.

There is a thread around here somewhere that details how to make creds. I'll edit in the link.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by instinctious View Post
    What are the good ways to earn credits as a starter?
    /tell Richguy creds pls