Thread: Where are the buffs?

Where are the buffs?

Why there is no more buffs in DB1/ DB2?
    Or maybe those buffs doesnt stack with 12 Man buff?

They do stack- I just got them 2 days ago. Whether gone in patch, I don't know ( but why would they remove? Bc some complain too much work to be able to participate in PvP and have even chance? I don't agree- but I've heard it said.)

Funcom employee

This change is intended! Due to our archaic and fully manual bug tracking tool I did a mistake and missed including this one in our patch notes. Thank you for pointing it out, the patch notes have been updated.

We believe that you shouldn't have to feel the need to do most of the raid content in order to be at your maximum power when you want to pvp. It's very nice to be able to offer rewards for people who are helping you, although we feel that this was getting to the point where having these buffs was making or breaking pvp.

A better way could be to adjust the loot and the difficulty to ensure that encounters can be completed by the level they are intended for without requiring too high level help, although this is a larger task that we haven't scheduled time to do even though I hope to see this done.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Should remove AAO/AAD-modifiers from the buff and make 12/DB-buffs identical imo.

Then you can simply refresh at lockdown =)
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    A better way could be to adjust the loot and the difficulty to ensure that encounters can be completed by the level they are intended for without requiring too high level help, although this is a larger task that we haven't scheduled time to do even though I hope to see this done.
    While I agree that stacking all 3 buffs in pvp was a bit overpowered, this change has also effectively killed what little incentive there still was for people to do these instances. You said that you'd like to adjust the loot and difficulty, yet it's not even a scheduled change yet...so basically until that is done these raids will be even harder to find teams for than they already are. And let's be honest here; a "coming soon" change could take months, or even years. Why not just leave it as it was until you actually make -all- the changes you want to make to it?
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

It was time to destroy that content I guess... well it lasted long enough. DB1 has been my favorite instance... now no one does it again, because the buff is basicly worthless.

Just tone the buffs down and make them stack again OR at least overwrite each other.

Or like someone above me said, make them the same so we could just refresh with any instance.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

according to me db1 and db2 buff should stack but not 12m.

so players will have 2 choices either be lazy and do just 12m

OR

do db1+2 and get slightly better attributes than 12m buff!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

I think currently, the db2 and 12m buffs are too powerful for the effort it takes to get them. It means they're going to become more of a staple for viable pvp, which is I think exactly the opposite of what you wanted.

Could we get them to stack, and each be a version of the new DB1 buff? It would become a nice boost then, as opposed to this omgwtfbbq buff. Also, if they stack people will be more likely to help random noobs in the instances. As it stands, people will do a single run of something for the buff just for PvP, rather than helping nubis farm because they're bored and it helps them anyway. I think the latter is what you were going for.

The 12m buff is currently on par with 4x tl7 towers. It's huge. The size of a buff like that can reverse fights completely. Also, because of the way AAO works with champion perks, this is probably more potent than you anticipated.
    Last edited by Sromp; Jun 22nd, 2012 at 20:37:04.
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Bossfights designed like this could be used to make the leveling experience more fun.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    This change is intended! Due to our archaic and fully manual bug tracking tool I did a mistake and missed including this one in our patch notes. Thank you for pointing it out, the patch notes have been updated.

We believe that you shouldn't have to feel the need to do most of the raid content in order to be at your maximum power when you want to pvp. It's very nice to be able to offer rewards for people who are helping you, although we feel that this was getting to the point where having these buffs was making or breaking pvp.

I would say you've hit the nail right on the head here.

Brilliant changes for the peoples who can't be bothered to do three PvM instances before they join PvP. Love it, no multi-buffhuggers anymore.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.