Page 1 of 19 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: General GMI Suggestions/Issues/Bug Reports Thread

Funcom employee General GMI Suggestions/Issues/Bug Reports Thread

There should be a GMI terminal in ICC ...

Eventually the only player cities will be I-cities presumably accessed thru ICC ...

Sooo ... I think ICC deserves a GMI terminal, maybe two.

Kinnik

The overflow still gets deleted when you zone?

So if I have a full shop worth of stuff spilled to my overflow and I don't have enough room in my bags to get it out, I can't even zone to buy myself an empty bag?

"Being neutral in AO (...) is not viewed as a 'side' in and of itself." - Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Chris Soulraiser Bounocore - Proud Director of Dragon Security Agency

+ 220 ENF, 220 SOL, 220 NT, 220 ENG, 220 CRAT, 220 MP

1 credit Buy Orders

I see that in the new GMI someone or a few toons have placed Buy Orders for combined armor, robust backpacks, etc. for 1 credit or a very small amount (1234 credits to 1m).

Using search function I found 30 such Buy Orders for combined armor all less than 1m credits ...

I suggest being careful how you respond to the GMI's automatic search for Buy orders when you place a Sell order.

Don't accidently confirm you want to Sell to a Buy order without checking the price offered in the Buy Order first.

Kinnik

Edit:

This is a quote from another thread, but relates here also ...

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Like I said, I'm sure that SOME of the stuff is xferring because I'm in tells with people right now on how to do it.. and have been since the servers came up. So just because someone puts something on GMI for 1 credit doesn't make them a scammer... and if you're going to post screen shots with people's names in it.. you may want to be aware that you might be calling out someone that is legitimately doing a xfer.

That's all I was saying
    So maybe the 1 credit orders I saw were rk1 -> rk2 transfers or vis-versa.

Still worth being careful ...

Kinnik
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Jun 19th, 2012 at 19:04:02.

The simplest GMI changes that would improve it significantly...

PLEASE

-Remove the 3% tax. Put it back to the 1% that goes toward your org, just like the player shops had.
    -Allow more than 1 item to be deposited at a time, just like you could with player shops.
    -Make credit withdrawls instantaneous and direct, just like they were with player shops.
    -Make the portable GMI usable anywhere at any time (Just have the item open the GMI window directly, just like the portable GMS did...now it spawns a GMI terminal every 20 minutes?)

Edit: WHY, WHY, WHYYYY are credits being mailed? Just allow direct withdrawl. Why would you take something that worked perfectly fine and worsen it significantly? Honestly all we even wanted was a GMS you could buy directly from.

The GMI does have some cool features for sure, but the tax, mail, etc are definitely putting a damper on it. You now lose several million creds when selling anything of significant value. It's turning a lot of people away from wanting to use it, when they could sell the item on forums/dnet/shopping channel and receive full value for the item, while also getting their creds from the transaction right away. GMI as it stands is currently one of the worst updates in recent memory.
    Last edited by EmSeeBee; Jun 19th, 2012 at 18:46:24.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

GMI Bugs

- Intelligent right produces no results where as Intelligent left produces correct.
    NO U

They can use the market forum then. Or increase their prices to compensate for the tax. It's also way more powerful for everything than old market interface, which was quite crap and required you to sit and copypaste stuff from Auno to make it find whatever for you. Here you even have an ingame item database search with full interpolation.

Worst update ever? I think you and the rest are crying so hard about nothing at all that it's embarassing. Consider that getting the mail is probably a lot faster than going all the way out to the city and that you can now sell items without having to worry about whether or not someone will actually choose your item based on the location of your city or not... I don't know, I could probably go on and on, but the slight delay with depositing this or that (and at 21 item limit, how much time loss are we talking about anyway, especially when you can spam it with the right window setup) is an improvement of a magnitude over what we had that sitting there crying over it just makes you stand out as uninformed and like you didn't even log in, just sat there going "OMFG WHY I HATE THIS" while the patch was downloading, because you read a 2 month old post on here.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jun 19th, 2012 at 19:46:20.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Since the place is being redone in the next major update I guess it'll get one then
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

New GMI seems to working little bit slowly compared to old GMS but I guess I can get used to that.. if I'm not in a hurry.
    So far I have had one problem with GMI, I couldn't add Collar Casero de la Cripta (aka CoH Collar) to Market Inventory, tried to deposit them and while they did disappear from inventory, they didn't get added to Market Inventory and soon I got mail from Market:
    Subject: Item return
    Item could not be added to market inventory.

This happened first with portable market terminal (in grid) and then again when I tried to do same with terminal in borealis. Collar was returned when I got mail. And no, my Market Inventory wasn't full. I double checked that.

Also, Lindelu said that "The portable GMS now spawns a terminal close to the user, only the user can use this terminal" but when I tried to use portable terminal that other played had spawned (after I had spawned my own terminal next to it and got 'portable terminal access' nano running within my ncu), I was able to use that terminal which I hadn't spawned by myself. So, its more like "if you have recently spawned portable market terminal then you are able to use all portable market terminals, even those that have been spawned by other players".
    There might be at least one problem if this will be changed from how it is now.. Think about situation where there are ~15 players in a small area (such as shop in borealis) and everyone spawns their portable terminal. Do they have to try to open each terminal until they find which terminal belongs to them? Or maybe they could get their name added to their own portable terminal to show which terminal they are able to access if this current situation will change?
    Last edited by Hopeasaukko; Jun 19th, 2012 at 21:26:28.
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Make the Log tab more useful

Forgive me in advance because I'm an accountant... but that Log tab is virtually useless to me.

Since the Market is sorta like our 'bank account' why not have the Log file keep tally of a running balance and available balance.

http://i46.tinypic.com/k30tat.jpg

So using the above picture as a reference, I've added 2 columns.

1. Account Bal: This is the actual amount of credits in your account. It includes money reserved for buy orders.

2. Avail Bal: This is the amount of money currently available for you to 'spend' in the GMI. It does not include money reserved for buy orders.

I dunno, I think without any running balance the log feature is really wasted a bit. It would also be nice if the balance on the front page showed both your Account Balance and Available Balance as well.

Edit1: I forgot Please also fix the sort order on the Log file. It seems as if items just randomly appear in the log irregardless of the order that you deposited them to your market account.

Edit2: Some of the columns do not allow you to see the full information in the field. This isn't that big of a deal, in my opinion, with the exception of the "Name" field as you cannot always see the full name of the person you purchased from. Since AO Names have a pre-determined finite limit, it would be nice if this field could be automatically expanded so that the player name can always be seen.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 19th, 2012 at 21:35:08.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Is the sorting fixed? Else you could add that
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Is the sorting fixed? Else you could add that
    Thanks for reminding me.. completely forgot about that.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

/shop claim
    Returned 0 items and -702509723 credits. 0 items and 0 credits remain in the shop system.

Started with almost full creds on the toon, and some 3,5bn in the ai-shop. End result is that i have 297m left on the toon...
    Be warned

[GM-Helpful]: I understand your concern regarding this issue, rest assured the correct people have been notified of your specific instance and will be looking into this occurance for you.
    Last edited by Delerium; Jun 19th, 2012 at 20:53:11.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Creation Fees + 3% sales tax is not acceptable specially when 99% of AO paid population used to sell items for 1% tax till now...
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Also, once i make sell order, there aint any option for resetting price.

you cannot sort items on basis of ql or price when u open in search window
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

No " . " between the 0000000 ... seriously? Do we really have to start counting the 0s like in the old days? Fix that please.

Should have left the vendors alone. Taxes and fees on items sold through the new GMS are ridiculous. Ill stick to the shopping channels now. Hopefully I'm not the only one that doesn't like this new upgrade.
    ~*~Vamp~*~

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    So far I have had one problem with GMI, I couldn't add Collar Casero de la Cripta (aka CoH Collar) to Market Inventory, tried to deposit them and while they did disappear from inventory, they didn't get added to Market Inventory and soon I got mail from Market:
    Subject: Item return
    Item could not be added to market inventory.

This happened first with portable market terminal (in grid) and then again when I tried to do same with terminal in borealis. Collar was returned when I got mail. And no, my Market Inventory wasn't full. I double checked that.
    I tried to send this item to the market inventory myself and had no problems. :s

I agree .... We definitely need the option of modifying our selling price for orders. There is no reason we should have to cancel the order and pay a new creation fee in order to adjust our selling price. The same should be true for buy orders.

Also with respect to withdrawls going to the mail system ... not sure if that can be changed or not, but it seems it would be 'very possible' for our Buy Orders to be placed into the Market Inventory instead of mailing them with a 7 day expiration. True, this would use up some of our 21 spaces, but that might be better than paying for something that we loose if we forget to collect it within 7 days.

And yes ... please add , or . to separate the 00000000000000's

Kinnik

Unhappy Omg are u guys crazy

I have been around since 2005 with 3 paid accts i know there are peeps with alot more than that... And in game wife to Docalochic the Icon dude...However the new market system is a poor attempt at best to copy WoW's market system.. Do the math people my Soldier looses 20 seconds off of her AMS the difference between life and death. Over 9 bil to endgame and 3 yrs in the making..... I will not renew my accts(( To say i'm disappointed would be putting it midely. If this is the wrong place to air my laundry i am sorry first time poster till now a happy camper on RK2

I think FC was hoping this thread to be about the new GMI only, as they combined a group of separate threads about GMI together into this one thread ...

Kinnik

Page 1 of 19 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast