Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: General GMI Suggestions/Issues/Bug Reports Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I'm not defending anything feverishly. I have accepted that for now and all future the GMI is what we're going to get. There will be no rollback to old market no matter how much the ten people here who hate it so much whine, in fact, I've put up several points of criticism. But I'm apparently guilty of not adding a whole ton of whinesauce, hate, insults, calling it broken beyond repair, a crime against humanity etc., and instead just accepting that this is what's going to be there and that the nothing is gained from saying we want the old one back or whining without saying what it is you're whining about. And then on top of that basing your whines on not actually having used it, or just opening it up going "I DONT KNOW THIS" and then coming to the forum to complain, and then complain some more that AO is being dumbed down in a different thread.
    There are far more than 10 people who think this new market system is difficult to use and has fees that are way too high. If it was 'easy' to use then everyone in-game after it patched to Live should have been able to figure it out without having to have a guide ... TraderJill posted about spending the day on two toons to help explain it, video's on forums, etc. I referenced the forum guides many times over in vicinity for folks having trouble and I am sure many others who had used it on Test-live did also.

On Test-live we pointed out that the GMI was difficult to use and took as much or more time to find and receive an item we purchased as it would have to fly to the city to collect a purchase on the old market. I understand we are stuck with this new method for a Market because of the eventual server merge we are also stuck with, but I think it needs a lot of improving and that is what this thread is about. I would have to agree with some of the posters above that some of your posts make it sound like you think the new system is great as it is ... even if that may not be what you intended to imply. It doesn't help to say only 10 people don't like the way the market is now. It would be better for those of us who saw the new GMI on Test-live to encourage people to post their questions, issues, suggestions, etc.

We also pointed out on Test that the fees and taxes were too high ... they still are. We pointed out that we needed an Org-only option. I didn't think to ask for comma separation or the ability to modify my order ... I should have. Lindelu posted that the new Market would have a small fee for placing orders ... up to 2% for 28 days is not a small fee ... 1000 credits per order is a small fee. We also said it was not intuitive, difficult to use ... we were told that this was version 1.0 and that upgrades would be made ... so lets encourage suggestions here! Perhaps find a way to encourage suggestions from those who don't post to the forums ...

I used it for weeks on Test-live and I still find it hard to use. People who are just seeing it now don't need to be told they should be able to figure it out in a few minutes.

Kinnik

Did anyone managed to change price on an allrdy set order ? I bet you can't of course because of the tax fee.

Being locked for a week into the same price is totally stupid.

Specially when GMS starts fresh, you don't really know right prices for items (Intell Symbiants for instance).

Also lacks a lot of infos, statistic etc, but that goes without saying. Price history, if the items were bought by a rk2 person or not (to be able to predict market changes)...

For the first time this morning, I tried to put an item in the shop where there was an existing buy order (one of the 1credit versions). On Testlive and yesterday live had not run into this particular circumstance. On the Inventory tab, selected the item and hit "sell" on the bottom left, expecting it to take me to the sell order page. Instead there was a screen to sell to the existing buy order. It took me 6 tries to figure out how to get past this screen to create a sell order for a reasonable price. To me, this is a specific expample of not being intuitive. Selecting the "details" button to create a sell order and bypass the existing buy orders is not where I would have though to look. Intuitive/user friendly would be existing buy orders exist, would you like to sell to them? A "No" response would get you to the create a sell order screen. Again once you have run into a particular circumstance it is "easier." But it would be better if it were more intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Did anyone managed to change price on an allrdy set order ? I bet you can't of course because of the tax fee.

Being locked for a week into the same price is totally stupid.

Specially when GMS starts fresh, you don't really know right prices for items (Intell Symbiants for instance).

Also lacks a lot of infos, statistic etc, but that goes without saying. Price history, if the items were bought by a rk2 person or not (to be able to predict market changes)...
    You can't edit a buy or sell order. Your only option is to cancel it (and lose your non-refundable creation fee) and then put in a new buy or sell order.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Almonora View Post
    For the first time this morning, I tried to put an item in the shop where there was an existing buy order (one of the 1credit versions). On Testlive and yesterday live had not run into this particular circumstance. On the Inventory tab, selected the item and hit "sell" on the bottom left, expecting it to take me to the sell order page. Instead there was a screen to sell to the existing buy order. It took me 6 tries to figure out how to get past this screen to create a sell order for a reasonable price. To me, this is a specific expample of not being intuitive. Selecting the "details" button to create a sell order and bypass the existing buy orders is not where I would have though to look. Intuitive/user friendly would be existing buy orders exist, would you like to sell to them? A "No" response would get you to the create a sell order screen. Again once you have run into a particular circumstance it is "easier." But it would be better if it were more intuitive.
    Agree with you here wholeheartedly. In fact, when I was doing my video.. not sure if anyone noticed but when I was trying to bypass the automatic match, I initially just clicked the X which took me back to the Inventory screen. As soon as I did that I remembered "oh yeah, its the details button" but I AGREE COMPLETELY that clicking the details button to bypass isn't where I'd think to go to get past that auto-match function.
    You can find me at:

@Inflation/economy.
    DO NOT bug us with this type of cred-sink, plz.

The ones that are hurt the most by this new "credit sink", is the new players that cant afford to use the market.

Tru dat

The pressing issue regarding the economy is due to lack of production. The lack of production is due to FC implementing new content without any thought whatsoever. Before FC attempts to make a solution, maybe research the people that are having issue before you try make a solution?

Advanced Search Bug

Searching for 'supple' QL 240-300 resulted in supple outside those limit-parameters.

The GMI resets too default often, which makes me having to fill in/check stuff all over again.

Usabillity is bad and it it is slow.

You should have waited with releasing this until the removal of player-cities.

The mail-system is ok cause you need a time-sink to defeat automated undercutting as time-sink (vs unlimited instant purchases) makes outside interference possible while someone undercuts. You could have made gmi-skill locked for 15mins after a succesfull purchase instead tho, but mail is fine. Currently the GMI is a downgrade imo.

Suggestions:
    1000 credits = the low fee for purchase. No fee for orders.

Let us feed items into it more efficiently.

Let us find and purchase items more efficiently.

Aaand, thanks for making some of the sales favor organisation. Hope 2 c it soon
    Last edited by leetlover; Jun 20th, 2012 at 19:30:00.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

if it have to be "cool new system on browser" it could be drag and drop, then give price and done", not 25 steps before u can let item sale for 2 weeks with a lot of creds

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Not sure if you are aware / this helps your specific issue, but because we went with a browser-based technology, there is a backbutton you can use to get back to your previous searches. One of the reasons we added a back button is because during internal testing we realized there really needed to be a way to get back to your previous search.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    Doesn't help for the next time you open the market, which can be 5 min later, or an hour, or a week.
    Exactly.

One of the biggest things for me was, the guide for using the GMI () is absolutely terrible. It failed to mention a lot of things that would be useful like the back button.
    Tron04 220/30/60 Fixer
    Yrion 150/20/15 Crat
    Jasper2002 220/23/60 Nanomage Fixer
    Heelzjoo Baby Doc - still growing

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper2002 View Post
    One of the biggest things for me was, the guide for using the GMI () is absolutely terrible. It failed to mention a lot of things that would be useful like the back button.
    If you mean my video guide it's around 4min 40s into the Search video.

If that was sarcasm regarding Funcom then just disregard my reply
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    If you mean my video guide it's around 4min 40s into the Search video.

If that was sarcasm regarding Funcom then just disregard my reply
    It was entirely directed at Funcom Jill, in fact the first thing I did was post links to your videos on our forum for all to use as they are great.

ps I missed the back button bit
    Tron04 220/30/60 Fixer
    Yrion 150/20/15 Crat
    Jasper2002 220/23/60 Nanomage Fixer
    Heelzjoo Baby Doc - still growing

If I could suggest that the pop-up window for Deposit be set to "always on top" ... it gets hidden behind the bigger market screen if I switch to find my inventory bag. Minor item, but might help a little.

I think someone already posted about the quality settings for the search function not working.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    There are far more than 10 people who think this new market system is difficult to use and has fees that are way too high. If it was 'easy' to use then everyone in-game after it patched to Live should have been able to figure it out without having to have a guide ... TraderJill posted about spending the day on two toons to help explain it, video's on forums, etc. I referenced the forum guides many times over in vicinity for folks having trouble and I am sure many others who had used it on Test-live did also.

On Test-live we pointed out that the GMI was difficult to use and took as much or more time to find and receive an item we purchased as it would have to fly to the city to collect a purchase on the old market. I understand we are stuck with this new method for a Market because of the eventual server merge we are also stuck with, but I think it needs a lot of improving and that is what this thread is about. I would have to agree with some of the posters above that some of your posts make it sound like you think the new system is great as it is ... even if that may not be what you intended to imply. It doesn't help to say only 10 people don't like the way the market is now. It would be better for those of us who saw the new GMI on Test-live to encourage people to post their questions, issues, suggestions, etc.

We also pointed out on Test that the fees and taxes were too high ... they still are. We pointed out that we needed an Org-only option. I didn't think to ask for comma separation or the ability to modify my order ... I should have. Lindelu posted that the new Market would have a small fee for placing orders ... up to 2% for 28 days is not a small fee ... 1000 credits per order is a small fee. We also said it was not intuitive, difficult to use ... we were told that this was version 1.0 and that upgrades would be made ... so lets encourage suggestions here! Perhaps find a way to encourage suggestions from those who don't post to the forums ...

I used it for weeks on Test-live and I still find it hard to use. People who are just seeing it now don't need to be told they should be able to figure it out in a few minutes.

Kinnik
    I am trying to encourage that by pointing out the poorly thought out way in which people post, but for some reason instead of doing so people just start posting trolling comments about how I love the new GMI because oh no someone dared to criticise their whine and ask for something better.

Yes, the fees are high on creating orders. 3% may be a 300% increase of prior general use, but then, AO players have always been incredibly whiny about any sort of credit drain. Why is that? Who knows. Other game communities accept much, much higher drains without blinking.

And again, I say there's plenty that could be better with GMI. The fees were higher on test, they were lowered. They could be changed again. I don't disagree. Please stop pretending that I am, would you?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Should be able to feed items fast, set price and have it stay forever if not sold.

Will be a huge lack of items available for players with 7day time-out.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

item descrip wrong in new gmi

ql 200 6 slot belts show correctly in new gmi, but any ql lower shows 5 slot belt for description, this is confusing people. they are buying my ql 200 belts instead of the lower cl ones cause they think they are 5 slot pls fix
    Misslocomp 220/30/70 General of RKA UNITED
    and too many alts to list

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Should be able to feed items fast, set price and have it stay forever if not sold.

Will be a huge lack of items available for players with 7day time-out.
    So put it up for 28 days.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

1) GMI simply sucks for all the reasons mentioned it but i'd really like to stress the lack of check/uncheck all buttons when hopping for items that go in specific slots [just havent seen enough whines on this one ]

2) Before i could use my portable gms anytime anywhere. Now i can spawn the GMI but once i move i cant use it till the lock is gone. Please remove the lock. I did get the portable GMS to use it when i need it and where i need it. Hunting named and checking gms or checking it a few times during a mish became impossible ;p

3) DB entrances have invisible walls now. If you LD on a zone you get stuck behind the invisible wall and you need to /stuck to get out, rather annoying and the "walls" dont really help with anything. Remove them please

The new GMI selection criteria really needs some work, especially is trying to limit the search. In addition to the quality limits being dysfunctional along with the price limitations. The "slot" expansion under the "Name" window could use some help. When you select "Weapons" form search (sell orders, set quality,etc) the slot button gives you Right hand, left hand, and other. Would be far more useful if it sorted by skill (One IHB, 2HE, etc.) or at least by weapon type melee ranged, then sort by more specifics. Not too many people care if a weapon is rhand, left hand, or other.

Below is quote from another thread but perhaps relavent here ... it seems too easy to accidently sell to a buy order for very small credit amounts. Perhaps it is only because the system is new, but maybe there should be a confirmation step before selling to an open buy order or make the print that you are only making 1 credit on the transaction larger or bold or something.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It labels the one it pops up with "best matching buy-order", and I find it unlikely that it should pick a 100 credit buy-order if there's a 1 billion buy-order for that same item. But if it does, then let's put that on the list of things that are bad.
    I agree .... in the case I have first-hand knowledge of, the Only buy order was for 1 credit. There are a number of items that way, the only buy orders are for 1 credit.

Kinnik
    As an example ... someone (I won't name names as I think that is against the forum rules)
    set up Buy Orders for Basic clothes, the ones you run around and make so people can build combined armor.

He/she set up Buy Orders for sleeves, gloves, pants, headchips, vests ... all for 100 units at 1 credit each ... well I assume 100 units each as the current status of the buy orders has an even 100 units on the gloves and boots, why set them for a different number.

If my assumption is correct about the 100 units ...
    In less than 2 days ... 6 people have accidently sold this one person basic clothes for 1 credit instead of the 3m - 10m they intended ... 3 vests, 2 sleeves, and one pant.

This is why I think this is a problem with the GMI and should be fixed and more impotantly should not be used to take advantage of people unfamiliar with the way the Sell button works.

Edit: To test how easy it might be to accidently sell to a Worthless ... Low-Ball - Buy Order ...

I placed a buy order of my own for a Basic Vest for 2 credits so it would be better than the person above who set up the 100 buy orders for 1 credit.
    I deposited a basic vest into my market inventory, waited until it showed up and clicked the Sell button, I was matched to the "best buy order" of my 2 credit order.
    I clicked the "sell to buy order" button and immediately the order is done and gone, no confirmation or other chance to say woops I didn't want to do that.
    Granted the screen tells me in small faded print that I am only making 2 credits ... it is still too easy to accidently sell to a Low-Ball buy order!!

In my case I don't mind spening the 1000 credits a few times to see how this works as I bought the 2 credit vest from myself.

Kinnik

Question Ok, first impressions...

Just a few things that come to mind...

1)
    i) Let us refine item searches to filter out people/orgs we prefer to avoid or our own orgs have blacklisted. Personally I don't care who the seller is on the whole, if they have what I want at a price I can afford I'll buy from anyone - but others don't think like I do on this.

ii) Show the QL of the item we're looking for in the search listing. If I search for KEPs between ql100 and 200, for example, I want to be able to find one from whatever is posted that's as close to what my toon can handle as possible. Might want to display basic info on an item when the mouse pointer's hovering over it in the listing so we can decide if it's what we want.

2)
    i) Ditch/massively reduce the exorbitant fees associated with the system - both buying and selling. Right now I'm seriously considering boycotting it until the fees go away or are seriously reduced. Not everyone can afford such charges, whether they're new or old players. Biggest problem that I can see with the new system in its current state.

ii) Should i) not be acceptable to the majority of players, replace all said fees with a sales tax - a flat % of retail price of any item sold on the system. If seller is in an org, half, maybe two-thirds, of this sales tax should go to the org bank. Personally I prefer this option, sales tax works in the real world - why not in AO as well?

3) If a seller wants to give a portion of the sale to their org, over and anything required by the system, allow the seller to manually increase the percentage going to their org when they post a sell order.
    Blackgnat - 202 agent (paid, mostly relegated to buffmonkey duty)
    Spongecrat - 201 crat (paid)
    Fathandwaver - 154 trox NT (paid)
    Spongeguns - 54ish sold (paid)
    Scarak - 80ish fixer (froob)
    Engysponge - 59ish engy (froob)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaedewyn View Post
    knowingly placing buy orders for cc for 100 cred is knowing you are trying to gain from someone elses mistake who is new/unfamiliar with the new interface, therefore it is an exploit, and i hope if fc can take 100% responsibility for a poorly designed interface that they reverse all such transactions otherwise start banning the exploiters.
    no.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast