Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11th Anniversary Screenshot Contest!

Funcom employee 11th Anniversary Screenshot Contest!

It’s that time again for those avid photographers of Rubi-Ka to get their cameras out and get ready to capture some of the most spectacular eye-popping sceneries and dynamic action of Anarchy Online!

The Details

There are many cool prizes up for grabs this year and here’s your chance to win. This year we’ll have 2 category types ‘Basic Screenshot’ and ‘Edited Screenshot’ for double the chances to win. We’ll pick 3 winners from the ‘Basic Screenshot’ and ‘Edited Screenshot’ category within the community.

Basic Screenshot: An unedited screenshot captured directly from the game with no editing done to it. (Changing format from PNG to JPG for mailing and compression is allowed however.)

Edited Screenshot: A screenshot that has had post-work done on it in an art program like Photoshop etc. The image should be originally captured directly from the game but you can go to town with your artistic skills on entries in this category![B]

The Prizes
    • In-game Time!
    • Luxurary Jobe Apartment Key or Sunrise Station Apartment Key
    • Grand Prize - 1 hand painted real life vinyl doll! (see attached picture but please notice that this is not the exact doll you will receive, but it will be of the same quality as this one!)

The Submission

So how do you enter? Well it’s simple! Follow these guidelines when submitting your screenshots:

• Email your entries to community@anarchy-online.com with the subject line "Screenshot Contest - Category - Character Name - Dimension" (for example if you were entering the basic category and were called Jon your subject line would be "Screenshot Contest - Basic - Jon - RK1".

• All entries must include statement in the body of the email that states that your entry is your own work and no one else's and that you understand that Funcom may use it for promotional advertising.

• Images should be compressed into jpg format and sent as a zip (or rar) file wherever possible. Final file size must be below 1MB.

• Any entries that are not submitted using the above parameters will not be considered as valid entries. Entries must be received no later than July 8th, 2012.

Terms and Conditions

Contest void where prohibited by law. Funcom reserves the right to award prizes and not use winning entries for promotions. Entrants release Funcom and its respective affiliates, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest from and against any liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use of the prizes. Funcom shall not be responsible for any entry not received due to network outages; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmissions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances.
    Entrants authorize Funcom to use their character name, likeness, and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. All entries remain the exclusive property of Funcom GmbH.
    Last edited by lindelu; Jun 30th, 2012 at 00:52:46.

/cheese ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

It's a verocious_horror.jpg not a heckler. Oh funcom, you always mess up the details
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

Fun times ... and where's the dev-update?

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post
    It's a verocious_horror.jpg not a heckler. Oh funcom, you always mess up the details
    What, that's clearly a heckler.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Baby hecks? cute
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Email your entries to community@anarchy-online.com with the subject line "Screenshot Contest - Category - Character Name - Dimension" (for example if you were entering the basic category and were called Jon your subject line would be "Screenshot Contest - Basic – Tarib- RK1".
    So if I were called Jon, I would put Tarib?
    Tron04 220/30/60 Fixer
    Yrion 150/20/15 Crat
    Jasper2002 220/23/60 Nanomage Fixer
    Heelzjoo Baby Doc - still growing

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper2002 View Post
    So if I were called Jon, I would put Tarib?
    Fixed.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Too bad for everyone cause i am gonna win
    There he is !
    Where ?
    There !
    What, behind the leet ?
    It is the leet !
    You silly Sod.
    What?
    You got us all worked up.
    Well, thats no ordinary leet !
    Ohh.
    That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on !
    You tit! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
    Look, that leet's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post
    Its clearly a Heckler. A cute baby heckler! He hez a heckler mouth!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    It’s that time again for those avid photographers of Rubi-Ka to get their cameras out and get ready to capture some of the most spectacular eye-popping sceneries and dynamic action of Anarchy Online!
    The word, is scenery.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    The word, is scenery.
    He was actually right with sceneries as well. Either one works as sceneries is plural
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    He was actually right with sceneries as well. Either one works as sceneries is plural
    Hmm, my Firefox spellchecker then needs a spanking.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Yeah, for some reason it shows it as being wrong on mine too. Not sure why.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Baby heckler is cute... When do I get to kill one?
    Procrastinate Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    [*] Grand Prize - 1 hand painted real life vinyl doll! (see attached picture but please notice that this is not the exact doll you will receive, but it will be of the same quality as this one!)[/LIST]
    Nice to see a Funcom Contest without limit to the North American continent. But why are there no data about size/weight of the doll?

Funcom reserves the right to award prizes and not use winning entries for promotions.

Entrants authorize Funcom to use their character name, likeness, and entry materials in programming or promotional material
    What now? use or not use the winning entries?

Just sent in two entries for each category

Funcom employee

I'm trying to think of a way to get my hands on that doll actually...

amdfix: The doll is pretty light, and it could easily fit in a pop tart box.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

What kind of poptart box? The old ones that only come with 4 packets of poptarts, or the new ones that come with 8?

More importantly; are there any poptarts left?
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast