Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    How can you possibly have graphic lag when recommended system requirements are

Clearly you must be doing something wrong.
    Because that's not actually what the requirements are. I remember seeing a friend playing the game on a system like that. It wasn't very smooth then either
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Not to mention the only thing about auras that could cause lag is the visuals, which would be graphics lag, not server lag. There would be no performance increase server side at all. The only way to see lag reduction in the case of auras would be for people with sucky comps to turn their graphics down.
    Actually the logic for general can hit anyone auras and team auras does reduce server side work load quite a bit when moving to team aura method.

Edit: Removed examples after PM discussion with a dev. Don't want incorrect assumptions spreading as the truth. Just remember the important fact that not all lag is caused by the client and visuals. FC is working hard to remove server side lag every day and we should be grateful of that.

So while it is not completely clear how this removes lag it seems to remove server side work load.
    Last edited by Lheann; Jul 12th, 2012 at 00:04:37.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Actually the logic for general can hit anyone auras and team auras does reduce side work load quite a bit when moving to team aura method.

Can Hit Anyone Aura in team or not:
    1. Aura timer goes off.
    2. Get list of everyone in zone. This can be huge.
    3. Loop list and see if in target is range to have aura applied/refreshed. If so then apply/refresh aura.
    4. Check flags on target and self and set new flags as appropriate.
    The list can be very big for an active zone. That is a lot of time spent looping just for auras. This has to be done for each aura that is running on every player in a given zone.

Team Aura:
    1. Aura timer goes off.
    2. Loop team list (wow always 6 max) and see if in range. ( Something already tracked for other reasons for team members ) and apply/update aura to those meeting requirements.
    This is a lot less work. I suspect that overall this arrangement will be felt at tower wars as the zerg will produce smaller work loads for aura upkeep.

Player with Aura not in a team after change:
    1. Aura timer goes off.
    2. Not in team refresh self only.
    This really removes a crap ton of server side processing.

So while it is not completely clear that this removes lag it clearly does remove server side work load. And 99% of the time after network issues loops are the next suspect for lag generation. Loops that have no hard upper bound are very much in the running for lag generation. So I suspect anywhere where auras where hitting more than a 6 man team will now see some improvement.
    Aye, I was wrong about the aura's.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Regardless of where I have been for the last 5 years, I know FC isn't getting bailed out.
    Please Give - Want More Engine Video

Insert AO for Kingdom of whatever... Just saying...

Aye, I was wrong about the aura's.
    But, is this removal of a small amount of lag worth the complete nerfing of Mass PvM and PvP?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Because that's not actually what the requirements are. I remember seeing a friend playing the game on a system like that. It wasn't very smooth then either
    Nevertheless, its the official requirements.

The thing is, game can lag just as bad as when i started to play. Thats despite increasing my hardware power several times, hilariously low amount of players these days, and upgrades to server hardware they allegedly made.

So i seriously doubt any of the things you guys mention actually had any noticeable impact on performance. Obviously every little bit helps,but i bet it either simply needs new engine, or its just servers (do not confuse with server hardware) being old and needing fresh start.

Regardless of where I have been for the last 5 years, I know FC isn't getting bailed out.
    Prove it Almighty One
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Angry Response.
    Your best bet is to probably just ignore me at this point, no reason for you to take this personal but I will point out three things:

1) You have changed from "It is happening all the time" to "It happens".
    2) You have stated that you have actually not experienced the flags in inferno for a while now, meaning perhaps your previous statements which could apply to an entire server were a bit hasty and more indicative of random occurance.
    3) You have indicated that the community's lack of courtesy would in-fact lead to many of the instances of flags being spread to team members, which I believe offers FC some grounds for repose in this case as they cannot be blamed entirely on the individual actions of the playerbase.

There is a huge difference between calling someone a liar and saying someone is mistaken. I dislike it when people make broad assumptions based on minimal experiences. Minimal is less than a few hundred for me just to clarify, although I may test things a bit thoroughly before making a generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    If you are saved in pande all you need to do is recall to scheol sanctuary ( very easy to get key) and jump off the island to go to your last save spot, if you don't have a recall beacon, as an Omni you grid to 2HO, whompa to 10:3 and use the unredeemed travel statue a little bit south of the whompa, takes less than a minute. Getting the pure novictum ring for pande access ofc. takes a bit of help but no were near the effort of getting inf keys.
    So really, going RK-> trial is pretty fast any way you look at it.
    Also: "shadowlands recall beacon active", with the recently shortened recharge on that beacon, it is usable every 4 min or so with skill lock mods from crap symbs.
    I guess that works, although it does take a couple minutes to do that, but then we have to find out how many players actually know you can jump off from scheol santuary to get to your last save spot and actually have that key (I only have one sanctuary key for scheol on 15 characters and its a 220).

I think that the chances of players haviing an inferno key is actually better than scheol sanctuary, but my only argument is that it cannot be happening enough to be considered a common occurance.
    Last edited by Gatester; Jul 12th, 2012 at 02:51:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Your best bet is to probably just ignore me at this point, no reason for you to take this personal but I will point out three things:

2) You have stated that you have actually not experienced the flags in inferno for a while now, meaning perhaps your previous statements which could apply to an entire server were a bit hasty and more indicative of random occurance.
    1. I was not angry, I was being pretty even toned I thought in responding to your post. Emotions have nothing to do with what I've experienced, to be honest and I'd appreciate if you didn't indicate that somehow I'm not able to be rational due to something else.

2. It was happening all the time to me when I was teaming other players. In the past few days I have not been teaming.. thus an issue that I identified "with teams" is not happening to me. I'm not sure how that is not consistent or somehow contradictory in anyone's eyes. I removed myself from the type of situation where it was frequently occurring so of course it isn't happening to me.. not sure how that is tough to understand.

There is a huge difference between calling someone a liar and saying someone is mistaken. I dislike it when people make broad assumptions based on minimal experiences. Minimal is less than a few hundred for me just to clarify, although I may test things a bit thoroughly before making a generalization.
    I didn't make any broad assumptions. What I did was relay my experience to Funcom. I didn't say it was a scientific sample.. that is for Funcom to decide based off of feedback and observations. All I can do, as a player, is say:

- Hey, this is what is happening to me.
    - These are the circumstances surrounding it happening.
    - This is how I perceive (like/dislike) this type of thing happening.

What you did, however, was somehow try to discredit my statements as if the experiences I relayed were not factual. You are more than welcome to say "Hey, this happens to you but I don't think it happens to anyone else" but to actually indicate that somehow I'm making assumptions when things are actually happening... well I guess I don't understand what you mean to be honest.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

3) You have indicated that the community's lack of courtesy would in-fact lead to many of the instances of flags being spread to team members, which I believe offers FC some grounds for repose in this case as they cannot be blamed entirely on the individual actions of the playerbase.

I guess that works, although it does take a couple minutes to do that, but then we have to find out how many players actually know you can jump off from scheol santuary to get to your last save spot and actually have that key (I only have one sanctuary key for scheol on 15 characters and its a 220).

I think that the chances of players haviing an inferno key is actually better than scheol sanctuary, but my only argument is that it cannot be happening enough to be considered a common occurance.

Just FYI. Also works when jumping down from "the pipe" at perumba.

Anyone know how to signup to the beta test?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Prove it Almighty One
    It would have been a public disclosure.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Maybe not bailouts exactly, but they do get government funding in the millions.

As is typical, you fail to deliver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    As is typical, you fail to deliver.
    Or you just think you know things but you don't?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

OK, that really is enough bickering. Please stop it.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    OK, that really is enough bickering. Please stop it.
    ur mum!!!!!!!

Maybe not bailouts exactly, but they do get government funding in the millions.
    Maybe, but not because FC makes games that no one wants to play.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 12th, 2012 at 21:02:40.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Maybe, but not because FC makes games that no one wants to play.
    Actually, making good games is not a requirement for funding, only that a game is made.

Nordic Game Program: http://www.nordicgameprogram.org/?id=23

"
    Guidelines 2012, unchanged from 2011

The following criteria apply regarding project, support amount and payment:

· Guidelines, selection criteria and process will be clearly communicated to applicants
    · Maximum support 600 000 Danish crowns and minimum 100 000 Danish crowns
    · Support cannot exceed 75% of the project budget
    · Only one project per applicant can be funded for 2012, but several applications can be made
    · Repayment of support funds can be required if support contract or conditions are violated

Applicants must be:

· Nordic
    · Computer game development company
    · Independent – not owned by a games publisher or non-Nordic game developer
    · Own the IP rights to the project
    · Can guarantee that the completed project will be released in at least one Nordic language
    · Project is not already approved for production, i.e. contracted by a third party
    · Development company is financially stable, i.e. not in bankruptcy or liquidity crisis
    · Support application has been submitted complete and by the due date

Criteria for Developer Support, in order of importance:

1. Project’s appropriateness for target group, especially concerning age
    2. Development company’s and team’s documented experience
    3. Importance of development support to project’s launch
    4. Project’s innovation
    5. Number of Nordic languages the finish game will be released in
    6. Project’s artistic ambitions

Norwegian Film Institute: http://www.nfi.no/english/news_archi...computer-cames where Funcom has just received another $94,000 euros to make a post-apocalyptic online game http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ten-n...funding/092544.

Hmm, maybe a Fallout type game in a Lego universe? lol
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 12th, 2012 at 21:34:26.

FC makes games that no one wants to play.
    confirmed: obtena hates fc.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast