Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Actually, making good games is not a requirement for funding, only that a game is made.

Nordic Game Program: http://www.nordicgameprogram.org/?id=23

"

Norwegian Film Institute: http://www.nfi.no/english/news_archi...computer-cames where Funcom has just received another $94,000 euros to make a post-apocalyptic online game http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ten-n...funding/092544.
    There you go .... bailouts or funding or whatever isn't proof that FC makes games that no one wants to play like Kozepc wants people to believe. Thanks.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    There you go .... bailouts or funding or whatever isn't proof that FC makes games that no one wants to play like Kozepc wants people to believe. Thanks.
    That's why so many people play AO.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    That's why so many people play AO.
    And AoC. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post

New Player Experience

The ICC Headquarters is getting ready for internal testing, and this is the last large addition to the new player experience before we make it available for beta testing in July. Lots of people, players and developers, have signed up to test this with us, and you should expect a lot of test live updates while we're testing it, as we will be adjusting the experience based on feedback.
    So how does one sign up to test this, their is nothing on the account page, nothing I can find on test live either.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Just FYI. Also works when jumping down from "the pipe" at perumba.
    I know that one Unfortunately of the two 220's that have the penumbra key in my case, one is LE 70 and the other has an inferno garden key. Most of the people in my orgs are the same.

I think the number of players with anything other than a nasc and adonis garden key is actually incredibly rare, especially when the xan hub+pande ring warp was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I think the number of players with anything other than a nasc and adonis garden key is actually incredibly rare, especially when the xan hub+pande ring warp was introduced.
    Really? And here I thought it was common practice to get all g/s keys.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Now its actually usefull to get keys at 219 or so with the SK rewards they added some time ago.
    Could be bit bigger amount of XP tho, compared to work needed to get scheol key for example.

Now its actually usefull to get keys at 219 or so with the SK rewards they added some time ago.
    Could be bit bigger amount of XP tho, compared to work needed to get scheol key for example.
    Scheol is strictly a road to the next area, nothing to do and nobody there and that was back when the game was a bit more populated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Really? And here I thought it was common practice to get all g/s keys.
    Yeah everybody i know does full set of keys

Quote Originally Posted by Socrattes View Post
    Scheol is strictly a road to the next area, nothing to do and nobody there and that was back when the game was a bit more populated.
    Well, if you are 150+ then it takes about an hour or less to farm two patterns and do the quest for the keys, the Scheol scientist/Yuttos quests still as far as i know give quite a few daily-style xp/sk hits and for a select few profs you *must* have the reward. Personally i did a few Scheol hecks with a friend at one time, pathing is quite bad tho so that project was S-canned.Oh, my NT kited those mobs just inside Ely/ Scheol portal, plenty of easy xp and a few doja's as well. With a lowbie team the cripplers at the ledge east of halls of Scheol... not really that crap a zone really, you can use it to level from 100 or so and up till you can brave the bastard spirits at ergo's house for passage to Adonis. I guess nasc-hecks-> Tiigs-> Ely-hecks-> (maybe) Ado-hecks -> inf plox! is a bit easier to remember tho.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Well, if you are 150+ then it takes about an hour or less to farm two patterns and do the quest for the keys, the Scheol scientist/Yuttos quests still as far as i know give quite a few daily-style xp/sk hits and for a select few profs you *must* have the reward. Personally i did a few Scheol hecks with a friend at one time, pathing is quite bad tho so that project was S-canned.Oh, my NT kited those mobs just inside Ely/ Scheol portal, plenty of easy xp and a few doja's as well. With a lowbie team the cripplers at the ledge east of halls of Scheol... not really that crap a zone really, you can use it to level from 100 or so and up till you can brave the bastard spirits at ergo's house for passage to Adonis. I guess nasc-hecks-> Tiigs-> Ely-hecks-> (maybe) Ado-hecks -> inf plox! is a bit easier to remember tho.
    Or you can sit in pocket team in Ely and pay 1m a level till 130 and then enjoy pocket teams in ADO till 160. At 160 you get PEN key so you can start doing INF mishes with your buddies.

From what I saw, doing the Nasc key on my Keeper recently they made custom rewards for them (used to just tag a daily reward on em) so they may not be as good as they were.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

XP/SK was nerfed some patches ago, to be commensurate with the intended level. I can dig up the multi-page QQ thread (in which I likely Q'ed) if you'd like.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Right i forgot quest rewards were nerfed. Because got forbid people would have a reason to do otherwise useless key quests and have linear character progression. We cant have that.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Right i forgot quest rewards were nerfed. Because got forbid people would have a reason to do otherwise useless key quests and have linear character progression. We cant have that.
    And you say FC is misinformed.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    And you say FC is misinformed.
    What does have to do with anything

Yeah the rewards no longer make the content worth doing...again. I would not complain though, I would rather they just fix leveling in general than act like they are fixing it by making me do the same boring quests meant for someone 100 levels lower.

Quote Originally Posted by wkdboi2 View Post
    so how does one sign up to test this, their is nothing on the account page, nothing i can find on test live either.
    anyone?

anyone?
    I was wondering too...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Anyone know how to signup to the beta test?
    You will have to join the TEST LIVE server.

From personal experience,, they only do beta testing on a separate server (not test) when it comes to expansions (paid content). The new engine is not an expansion, it's an update for the game which will be free.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast