Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

It'll still run on an internal beta test first afaik
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    You will have to join the TEST LIVE server.

From personal experience,, they only do beta testing on a separate server (not test) when it comes to expansions (paid content). The new engine is not an expansion, it's an update for the game which will be free.
    Well I think most of us are referring to this portion of the original post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    New Player Experience

The ICC Headquarters is getting ready for internal testing, and this is the last large addition to the new player experience before we make it available for beta testing in July. Lots of people, players and developers, have signed up to test this with us, and you should expect a lot of test live updates while we're testing it, as we will be adjusting the experience based on feedback.
    It could be bad wording but the original post specifically says 'signed up to test this with us'. No one needs to sign up to join the test server so that pretty much implies that there's something else going on... and I guess we're wanting the details on the sign-up process.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Well I think most of us are referring to this portion of the original post:

It could be bad wording but the original post specifically says 'signed up to test this with us'. No one needs to sign up to join the test server so that pretty much implies that there's something else going on... and I guess we're wanting the details on the sign-up process.
    Hmm, I find it out of norm for FC to have a "beta signup" for something which is neither an expansion or true new content. They are reworking the way a new player starts so they get a better understanding of the game which should help player retention to avoid the frustration of the current starting area where a lot of new players quit.

I remember the original starting area, the backyards (which still exist to this day); a few years later they revamped it slightly by adding new NPC's and even a quest.

Newbie Island was introduced in late 2004 and over time has been slightly modified, new signs, nerfed of dyna loot, etc. but no serious revamp.

I have high hopes for the new player experience, actually I'm very excited to see how they do the tutorials. For this very reason, I would sign up for this "beta", however the logical way would be to have in the Test Live server.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You are correct. However, the population numbers are dropping, and out of the current active players, there is even a smaller percentage who even read the official forums.

Unless they send a mass mail with a newsletter inviting people to join the beta, there may be even less players involved than in the test server itself.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Jul 15th, 2012 at 13:15:50.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

To reinforce something that was apparently lost on a few people - first, meaning, there will most likely be a public beta after internal testing is finished. I'd bet my Hellcom points on it.

Quick Question:

Server merge - when?

Lately I loged on on RK2 - I saw few old faces. The thing is, those are same people I meet every time I log and after small chat, I learned they will just wont log anyfurther if nothing changes. To be honest - those pps I see each time are like 50% of population plaing regulary atm.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

But they also said they Have a Large number of players already signed up.

Q1 Who are these people?
    Q2 How did they sign up?
    Q3 Come on FC tell us

Quote Originally Posted by wkdboi2 View Post
    But they also said they Have a Large number of players already signed up.

Q1 Who are these people?
    Q2 How did they sign up?
    Q3 Come on FC tell us
    Good questions.

Q1 Who are these people?
    Q2 How did they sign up?
    Q3 Come on FC tell us
    Don't worry man. FC has this covered. "People" are testing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Don't worry man. FC has this covered. "People" are testing it.
    "It" will be tested.
    It "will" be tested.
    It will "be" tested.
    It will b -- oh who cares
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Good questions.
    Thanks just hope FC will answer them, although I'm not holding my breath waiting

Thanks just hope FC will answer them, although I'm not holding my breath waiting
    No, that would be suicide :O
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Funcom employee

So how does one sign up to test this, their is nothing on the account page, nothing I can find on test live either.
    There is no official sign-up. Just get on testlive when we patch it. I don't want to speak for Fia, but I'm pretty sure what she meant was that specific players within the testlive community have already indicated they would be willing help test the NPE.

There is no official sign-up. Just get on testlive when we patch it. I don't want to speak for Fia, but I'm pretty sure what she meant was that specific players within the testlive community have already indicated they would be willing help test the NPE.
    You know you might want to announce this and all. Secondly, you might actually get some good testing if you offer, idk, incentives to test this stuff. 1000 FC points, piece of 300 combined, acdc, whatever, but something useful to compensate us taking time out of our lives to try and break your stuff worse.

Finally an answer from FC. Thanks for clearing that up their Ilaliya and I will check out testlive once we have a date etc. I do sometimes pop up on TL now and then

you might actually get some good testing if you offer, idk, incentives to test this stuff. 1000 FC points, piece of 300 combined, acdc, whatever,
    So you can complain that FC is ´selling´ power?! :P
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    But they already do
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    I honestly don't think i've ever complained about that subject. Besides I sub to win so they are already selling me power.

But they already do
    This is true.

You know you might want to announce this and all. Secondly, you might actually get some good testing if you offer, idk, incentives to test this stuff. 1000 FC points, piece of 300 combined, acdc, whatever, but something useful to compensate us taking time out of our lives to try and break your stuff worse.
    They already compensate you by releasing game patches with a "smaller" amount of bugs than what likely previously existed. There is no need to compensate you or anyone else further for wanting to play a game or participate in the evolution of said game.

You either help or you don't. but if you choose not to then you have no right to complain. As Ben Parker once said "With great power comes great responsibility".

You have the power to determine some of the features that go into this new experience. You can choose to utilize it for good or simply not to use it at all.

I can agree with you regarding the announcement on say the test servers when this content comes to test instead of simply posting new update patches in the forums to assist in spreading the word but as far as any incentives go, aside from getting to participate, I would be happy with a social shirt that says "b3t4 T35t3r" with a picture of a l33t breaking something....

Regards,

--ani
    Last edited by animaly; Jul 19th, 2012 at 05:35:31.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast