Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by animaly View Post
    They already compensate you by releasing game patches with a "smaller" amount of bugs than what likely previously existed.
    The monthly sub is what I pay for the bugless feature ... FC doing what they are supposed to is no way a compensation, it is expected.

I would be happy with a social shirt that says "b3t4 T35t3r" with a picture of a l33t breaking something....
    Wtb ...
    "Exactly, we make sword stone for keeper and pull they do it and excalibur come out. have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword." HAHAHA ^^

You either help or you don't. but if you choose not to then you have no right to complain.
    I'm going to disagree with this statement. AO has a very helpful community and I think that's wonderful but you really need to be careful in your expectations.

It is nice when players go above and beyond but it is not something to be expected from people that not only do not collect a paycheck from the corporation running the game but have to pay to play the produced product. As such, it is not unreasonable for players to get some sort of incentive for spending time on TestLive to test content and provide feedback. I can tell you personally, that I have spent quite a few hours on TL testing things and providing feedback.. including doing bug reports (even in the old old system) and I've not even got as much as a t-shirt for it. Of course my personal motivation has nothing to do with in-game incentives.

All of that being said, even if people never step a foot on TestLive they doesn't mean they don't have a right to complain when poorly tested/poor quality content is patched onto the Live RK1/2 servers. In fact, all paying customers have 100% right to complain when something is patched to the live servers that disturbs our gameplay experience.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

They already compensate you by releasing game patches with a "smaller" amount of bugs than what likely previously existed. There is no need to compensate you or anyone else further for wanting to play a game or participate in the evolution of said game.

You either help or you don't. but if you choose not to then you have no right to complain. As Ben Parker once said "With great power comes great responsibility".
    While I can agree with the sentiment and the first sentence I cannot agree to the second. Don't forget that people are paying to play this game - a montly fee that also is exceptionally high for todays mmo.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Just one simple question...

Now that you got rid of the €5/month SL subscription, why don't you open up SL for froobs?

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    Just one simple question...

Now that you got rid of the €5/month SL subscription, why don't you open up SL for froobs?
    They didn't think $5 was enough money per month ( as stated by Means as the reason why it was discontinued ). You think they're going to find free a better alternative?

Which is quite ironic, since FC lost more people by doing that ( like the many people who cancelled for a month or so, or even just forgot to renew on time while actively playing, then came back to realize they had to now pay the full sub price to continue playing and simply left instead ) than they gained with the ol' bait and switch. So FC is happier with less players and fr00bs playing free than they were making money simply because it wasn't enough money to them.

So actually, maybe they should make SL free. They apparently prefer no money over some money.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 20th, 2012 at 01:42:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    They didn't think $5 was enough money per month ( as stated by Means as the reason why it was discontinued ). You think they're going to find free a better alternative?
    Lol I can just imagine bilboard ads in the gardens or in statics on the walls haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    Lol I can just imagine bilboard ads in the gardens or in statics on the walls haha.
    Plenty of places to slap them in where they'd "fit in". All parts of Jobe being the most obvious.

And they could easily add more "outpost" and such.

And it can all be easily covered by ingame lore.

In an effort to increase its presence, promote tourism, and increase profits all around, Omni-Tek has begun rapid and widespread commercialization efforts in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 20th, 2012 at 01:52:18.

Which is quite ironic, since FC lost more people by doing that ( like the many people who cancelled for a month or so, or even just forgot to renew on time while actively playing, then came back to realize they had to now pay the full sub price to continue playing and simply left instead ) than they gained with the ol' bait and switch. So FC is happier with less players and fr00bs playing free than they were making money simply because it wasn't enough money to them.

So actually, maybe they should make SL free. They apparently prefer no money over some money.
    Where is the facts for this? Last time I heard; the itemshop by itself ALMOST covered the cost to make whole AO f2p.. So the 5$ isn't really the problem there, but instead something else.

What ads? I thought agency that used to show ads to froobs went bankrupt? lol.

They should, unfortunately they're as good at running business side of things as they are at game development.

they should make some ads for ingame stuff too, to add some atmosphere. its a bit disconcerting to walk through bor on my mule and see ads for ao universe plastered on every wall in sight. Need to mix it up!

XXX Plumbo Beer. It's got what froobs crave. etc
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    they should make some ads for ingame stuff too, to add some atmosphere. its a bit disconcerting to walk through bor on my mule and see ads for ao universe plastered on every wall in sight. Need to mix it up!

XXX Plumbo Beer. It's got what froobs crave. etc
    There used to be ads for in game things, if I remember correctly. Dreadloch Arms is one I remember for sure.
    -Tanisthonus. 212MP. Unity of the Rose. Atlantean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Where is the facts for this? Last time I heard; the itemshop by itself ALMOST covered the cost to make whole AO f2p.. So the 5$ isn't really the problem there, but instead something else.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&postcount=19

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The 5/month option was not really producing the results we had hoped for, so we removed it as an option for FUTURE players. Anyone who was already on the "SL only" plan should be able to continue indefinitely, even after taking months or even years off.

Anyone who can not reactivate their SL only account under the same offer/payment terms as before should send me a message so it can be corrected. It is not intended that previous SL ONLY accounts are forced to upgrade to be able to play. That would be pretty shady and definitely not a good way to do business.
    Although I was apparently mistaken about the "bait and switch". Apparently those who had an SL only sub should still be able to continue that sub without having to upgrade or pay more. So my bad on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    What ads? I thought agency that used to show ads to froobs went bankrupt? lol.
    They also announced a new ad delivery partner a while back.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    They also announced a new ad delivery partner a while back.
    And haven't seen a one yet.

And haven't seen a one yet.
    Nope. But then, there were very few ads in my region when they had them initially.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Announcing things that are never heard of again is basically all they do , so don't get too excited.
    Just reminded me.. whatever happened to the mentor program that was being held up by the billing department 2 or 3 years ago? Anyone know?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Just reminded me.. whatever happened to the mentor program that was being held up by the billing department 2 or 3 years ago? Anyone know?
    Already implemented. The entire project culminated in one command you could spam over and over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

( like the many people who cancelled for a month or so, or even just forgot to renew on time while actively playing, then came back to realize they had to now pay the full sub price to continue playing and simply left instead
    What?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    What?
    There was a 'special offer' on for SL only access a while back, if you signed up for it during that time, you could play SL for $5/5€, and as long as you didn't cancel your sub you would continue to pay that 5. If you cancelled? Tough luck, you gotta sell your house to pay full sub!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There was a 'special offer' on for SL only access a while back, if you signed up for it during that time, you could play SL for $5/5€, and as long as you didn't cancel your sub you would continue to pay that 5. If you cancelled? Tough luck, you gotta sell your house to pay full sub!
    I personally just let mine run out, and let it be unpaid and I can still sub it at 5 dollars. Didn't know about the cancel thing though.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast