Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Just reminded me.. whatever happened to the mentor program that was being held up by the billing department 2 or 3 years ago? Anyone know?
    You mean the non-existent one that they added a "disable mentoring" option in the f10 menu to fake us out with?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I personally just let mine run out, and let it be unpaid and I can still sub it at 5 dollars. Didn't know about the cancel thing though.
    Yeah, apparently it was bugged when FC canceled the $5 sub option and people had to contact FC support to get their $5 sub back. I posted this a few posts up.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 20th, 2012 at 22:59:55.

The point is - now that most games went f2p, FC is still keeping the same billing system, not adapting to the market. After 4 years as a froob, I took the €5 deal. I was amazed by the entirely new world, all the new possibilities, etc. I was on €5 for 2 months and then went full-paid. It would be a great step forward to open up SL for froobs. Paying players will have more people to team with, across all the levels, and froobs will have much more to explore and like about the game.

As a matter of fact, I can't really see a downside to this. Perhaps someone from FC can enlighten me about: Why didn't it happen yet?

EDIT: Or, you could also allow access to SL by one-time symbolic payment of €1 or such, just to be sure that the player can buy the other expansions. Though, it would be a nuisance.
    Last edited by BytEfLUSh2; Jul 21st, 2012 at 00:40:09.

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    The point is - now that most games went f2p, FC is still keeping the same billing system, not adapting to the market. After 4 years as a froob, I took the €5 deal. I was amazed by the entirely new world, all the new possibilities, etc. I was on €5 for 2 months and then went full-paid. It would be a great step forward to open up SL for froobs. Paying players will have more people to team with, across all the levels, and froobs will have much more to explore and like about the game.

As a matter of fact, I can't really see a downside to this. Perhaps someone from FC can enlighten me about: Why didn't it happen yet?

EDIT: Or, you could also allow access to SL by one-time symbolic payment of €1 or such, just to be sure that the player can buy the other expansions. Though, it would be a nuisance.
    I'm all in for froobs getting SL, there is absolutely no downhills for this, we'd see more demand of items, more items being farmed, more people to team with - a lot more deserted rubi-ka though.

Froobs wont be overly underpowered versus fully paids though - which is a good thing. Because the steep between fully paid and froob is too big atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I'm all in for froobs getting SL, there is absolutely no downhills for this, we'd see more demand of items, more items being farmed, more people to team with - a lot more deserted rubi-ka though.

Froobs wont be overly underpowered versus fully paids though - which is a good thing. Because the steep between fully paid and froob is too big atm.
    Hell, the $5 sl00bs still are barely above fr00bs. Sure, they get the shadowlevels and SL perks, but no AI/LE perks, research, items , weapons. They can't even access the GMI, same as fr00bs, because FC refuses to take off the AI requirement even though the large majority of their playerbase doesn't have AI. So I can actually see why the $5 sl00b sub failed, who wants to pay monthly to still be a gimp?

FC needs to realize this game is NOT worth the sub price of new games, even after/if it gets its facelift.

You know, I'd rather have 100k people at $5 a month full sub than 2k at $15 a month. But then, I prefer things that make sense.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 21st, 2012 at 01:17:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    You know, I'd rather have 100k people at $5 a month full sub than 2k at $15 a month. But then, I prefer things that make sense.
    This! Opening SL for froobs will benefit ALL players. However, yeah, that simply makes sense so it won't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post

It's rather worth considering that not every game goes free and that there's plenty of people who prefer paying for a product rather than having to buy a ton of tiny things to keep things competitive.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Can we take the snippiness down a few rungs please? I'd rather not have to come back and take it down the whole ladder.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Talking

I know this is not related to the heated discussion above but I have a question. A couple of my org mates on each of the last 2 patches had their inventories all scrambled and their task bars all scrambled on their toons when they logged on after the patches. Is there some reason that it only affects some players and not others. Anyway happy gaming and hopefully someone can answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    I know this is not related to the heated discussion above but I have a question. A couple of my org mates on each of the last 2 patches had their inventories all scrambled and their task bars all scrambled on their toons when they logged on after the patches. Is there some reason that it only affects some players and not others. Anyway happy gaming and hopefully someone can answer my question.
    There was some debacle about scrambled prefs after 18.5, but I can't recall where it went...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Not so sure this is the best place to tell FC how to market their product, what to charge, and what should be free. A new post dedicated to that subject might be better. This is were we give FC a hard time for lack of details on current projects or being vague about details from the monthly updates.

I get the feeling from official posts that there is a disconnect between the current staff/Game Director and the players. Monthly we hear about progress being made in many areas and they seem to think that is good enough. For us, we remember the old story about the boy that cried wolf too many times. I think there is a lot of that going on. Too many times FC said that something was going to happen and then for whatever reason it didn't. So right now even if something is really going on, nobody believes it. I know it's not the fault of current employees but to us, we have heard "Wolf" too many times. If there really are projects in the works for AO, just saying so isn't going to make us believe it, we have been down that road too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    We however feel like the MA has received a lot of attention from their damage modifiers affecting their perks and this should be making up for the loss of the small drain damage.
    MA's have about 7 useful Damage perks while others have like 15+ you really think MA's benefited from the damage modifiers? No it doesn't make up the loss for the small drain. I officially believe the people who implement these changes dont even play the game.

Funcom employee

When you realize you've had to nuke almost two full pages worth of posts, that's when you know the thread has about run it's course. Shutting it down; there'll be a new update thread available in a month's time.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jul 30th, 2012 at 14:38:00.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718