Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

wut
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    not on the target.
    But then wouldn't they need to look at it for the other profs' single fears as well? Or do those have a lockout already?

Or I could just be misinterpreting your point. I probably need sleep.
    :E

Doh. *Waiting new player experience patch*
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

The Market (GMI) Improvements
    Feedback has been mostly positive
    Really ?

The ICC Headquarters is getting ready for internal testing, and this is the last large addition to the new player experience before we make it available for beta testing in July.
    Need. this. now.

Good update. Gives hope again !

Anything about the concern of GMI mails timing out ?
    Last edited by Thorneee; Jul 6th, 2012 at 15:35:15.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Wake me when this good stuff starts to happen.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Letter From the Game Director - June 2012
    [*]The MA proc Disharmony will be converted from a drain proc to a heal proc. After reviewing this particular perk action we feel that it needs to see some changes in the next update as the changes done to perks and proc damage being affected by Damage Modifiers, really lifted the MA's ability far more than we anticipated.The healing part of the proc will remain and even be boosted a little, but it will no longer cause damage. We however feel like the MA has received a lot of attention from their damage modifiers affecting their perks and this should be making up for the loss of the small drain damage.
    The disharmony damage proc is not really small. Viewing it as a one-time thing it seems minor but so does damage add itself. At 220 it is a 50% chance to do 240 damage with every hit, and for a triple wielding MA hitting about 60 times per minute (includes fast attack and brawl) they are losing about 7200 damage per minute. MA's are not an attack perk heavy profession, so even given their levels of damage add they can lose more damage than they gain with this change while other perk heavy or damage add heavy professions are all gaining moderate to significant amounts of damage add.

In otherwords, MA's are falling in their DD positions again.

The change is necessary, but ignoring other professions gaining boosts and that this is in fact a significant loss to MA DPM is not good. My only suggestion is that you increase the damage add offered by the disharmony line or add a temporary damage add perk to the line to offset the loss as a fair trade.

Also, I have not bothered testing it but you may want to look into keeper and trader drain procs. Although they both need significant damage boosting it would result in several complaints if it was not addressed.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    Really ?

and

Isn't that contradictory ? On one hand you're starting something big in July that is needed for the new player experience, and on the other hand you're aiming for a beta in July ? Or are you planning to do the beta on the old engine ?

Other than that, good update. Gives hope again !
    The NPE area was built and designed for the new engine. So, for example the buildings were made to have all the detail maps and features that the new engine supports. And we can view the assets "in" the part of the new engine that is integrated into our tools (glossing over a lot of technical details here, but basically gives you the gist). The assets also are made to work in the existing engine and this is a reduction task (since we're aiming for testlive in July on the NPE). Basically everything new that we make has to look good in both.

What we can't do (right now) is add new playfields so that we can see them in the new engine, because the new engine currently isn't "pointing" to the right place yet. For playfields, it's still using a data copy because if something goes horribly wrong while we're working on it, we don't want to break real data in our development environment.

Our immediate goal is to get the new engine in a state where it can point to the live servers (and doesn't crash a lot -- at this very moment we're fixing crashes), and also when we patch it gets all the data its supposed to. Then it's basically alpha and we can start distributing it to a limited audience.
    Last edited by Ilaliya; Jul 6th, 2012 at 15:54:11.

The ICC Headquarters is getting ready for internal testing, and this is the last large addition to the new player experience before we make it available for beta testing in July. Lots of people, players and developers, have signed up to test this with us, and you should expect a lot of test live updates while we're testing it, as we will be adjusting the experience based on feedback.

Where/How did people sign up for the Beta of the New Player Experience or is this just going to be on Test Live with everything else?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    But then wouldn't they need to look at it for the other profs' single fears as well? Or do those have a lockout already?

Or I could just be misinterpreting your point. I probably need sleep.
    All fears are part of the same line (as they all need to be resisted by pvp antifears) So a line lockout will affect all of them. Enf fear has Like a 2:30 self lockout or something while crat is only 35s. So 5 crats can keep someone permafeared indefinitely (7s duration, 35s lockout). With a line lockout those other crats are free to do other things instead of worrying about if it's their turn to fear or not.

The NPE area was built and designed for the new engine. So, for example the buildings were made to have all the detail maps and features that the new engine supports. And we can view the assets "in" the part of the new engine that is integrated into our tools (glossing over a lot of technical details here, but basically gives you the gist). The assets also are made to work in the existing engine and this is a reduction task (since we're aiming for testlive in July on the NPE). Basically everything new that we make has to look good in both.
    Yea I realized that so I edited my post before you posted yours. Thanks for the clarification though, and the additional information !
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    All fears are part of the same line (as they all need to be resisted by pvp antifears) So a line lockout will affect all of them. Enf fear has Like a 2:30 self lockout or something while crat is only 35s. So 5 crats can keep someone permafeared indefinitely (7s duration, 35s lockout). With a line lockout those other crats are free to do other things instead of worrying about if it's their turn to fear or not.
    Oooh okay. I get it now. *derp* :B
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Where/How did people sign up for the Beta of the New Player Experience or is this just going to be on Test Live with everything else?
    Good question, from the way it was stated it sounds like something outside Test. My stomach just turns with each new Development Update from the glaring lack of understanding their own game.

As a side note, if multiple crats/enfs/mas spamming fear on one target is considered OP, what about say 4 agents aimed shotting one target? Are you going to put a lock out on specials? I'm sorry the person you are fighting as recently been AS'd FA'd SA'd, or enf aoe stun?
    Last edited by Gaveup; Jul 6th, 2012 at 16:45:06.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...8&postcount=10

So in reality, the delay was because Lindelu was too busy getting ready for vacation time.

[*]The Bureaucrat PVP AOE Fear will now be a Single Target Fear, using a line cooldown, allowing the crat to do other things instead of being in recharge to make up for losing the aoe effect. We feel like AO does not currently fully support a fun implementation of an aoe fear mechanic, since we have no way of determining how many maximum targets can be hit, and no resistance to it once it has landed. The long term plan is to look at fears more closely as we are implementing the suggested nano changes. As you understand, this change was triggered by the initiative to convert aoe auras into team auras.
    Please figure out how mechanics of your own game actually work before attempting change things. Oh i know - perhaps you could have done it in the extra time it took to write this "update"
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jul 6th, 2012 at 17:53:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...8&postcount=10

So in reality, the delay was because Lindelu was too busy getting ready for vacation time.
    I'd guess it was because Lindelu had a ton of stuff she needed to get done before a previously scheduled vacation.

So i played a bit with new Fear on Test:

- didn't notice any magic cooldown , fear blocker, whatever, that would stop people from being chain feared. If it exists, it doesn't show in NCU. But my guess it actually meant low nano casting cooldown which all three nanos...already had. Amazing.

- I can now Fear myself on Crat. No, seriously, you heard me. They took a nano that was out for 3 years and served as a panic button that had to be casted on yourself to exexute , and they made the hostile effect work on you now. Mind...blown.

I don't know who's brilliant idea this was, but on the scale of 1 to 10 in "disconnected from the game" i'll give them 15 points, 5 extra for complete lack of communication on top stunning amount of incompetence.

Next patch i suggest you guys to change TMS so it does damage to the user.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jul 6th, 2012 at 18:23:54.

i'd settle for making LE nukes self-only

Hey guys,

Posting on behalf of Fia.

The Market (GMI) Improvements

Feedback has been mostly positive, but of course there are always things we can improve!
    Spin!
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Also Fixer meep needs to be 30 minute unremovable self root.

Loving all the good news!

One concern I'd like to add is the crat demotivational speech line -- it still gets you flagged going by guards or flagged players. Would like this changed such that the aura doesn't hit them unless you're already flagged yourself... Or is that too complex to implement? :s
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast