Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Also Fixer meep needs to be 30 minute unremovable self root.
    Only for certain character IDs.

In regards to the GMI, I'd be curious to know:

- # Buy Orders Placed
    - # Buy Orders Filled
    - # Sell Orders Placed
    - # Sell Orders Fulfilled
    - # Toons that have used the GMI (either via placing a buy order or a sell order)

I'm guessing you have data outside of the total cred value of transactions thus far, that would be interesting to see.

------------

On an unrelated note, I really wish the Devs would reconsider some of the PvP flag changes. It really puts an even bigger divide between PvP-oriented players and those that are not. I am really, really tired of getting a flag because someone in my team is flagged. And sure, I could ask everyone (before I invite from LFT) if they are flagged but sometimes the person doesn't even realize they are. I'm pretty good about communicating things but it really is disruptive to my gameplay. PvP is not something I've had to even concern myself with before and now it has been intrusively stuck into my day to day game time for no good reason.

I understand the issue PvPers experienced with pocket <insert profession> but why not implement a fix that doesn't force me to have to get involved in an aspect of the game that I don't like and, for 8 years, have been able to quite easily avoid whenever I wanted?

My 'Do not team' list is long enough from general morons and uber noobs. Now I'm having to hesitate on teaming people that typically engage in PvP too because who knows if they'll show up with a flag in some attempt to get my toons flagged and gank them (yes, I have seen someone do this to a teammate..last week).

So I guess my question to Lindelu, Illayia or whatever Devs are reading this is..."Did you recognize that the changes you made to the PvP flag system was going to force everyone in the game, including those that are non-PvP oriented to become involved in PvP? If so, was this the intent and why?"

And before someone says "just communicate with your teammates or stop teaming flagged people".. that is the point I'm making.. I don't want to be involved or having to constantly check on these things. Even stuff as simple as inferno missions are becoming a nightmare when 1 person shows up with a flag and then next thing you know there's PvP at trial.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 6th, 2012 at 18:49:26.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    On an unrelated note, I really wish the Devs would reconsider some of the PvP flag changes. It really puts an even bigger divide between PvP-oriented players and those that are not. I am really, really tired of getting a flag because someone in my team is flagged. And sure, I could ask everyone (before I invite from LFT) if they are flagged but sometimes the person doesn't even realize they are. I'm pretty good about communicating things but it really is disruptive to my gameplay. PvP is not something I've had to even concern myself with before and now it has been intrusively stuck into my day to day game time for no good reason.

I understand the issue PvPers experienced with pocket <insert profession> but why not implement a fix that doesn't force me to have to get involved in an aspect of the game that I don't like and, for 8 years, have been able to quite easily avoid whenever I wanted?

My 'Do not team' list is long enough from general morons and uber noobs. Now I'm having to hesitate on teaming people that typically engage in PvP too because who knows if they'll show up with a flag in some attempt to get my toons flagged and gank them (yes, I have seen someone do this to a teammate..last week).

So I guess my question to Lindelu, Illayia or whatever Devs are reading this is..."Did you recognize that the changes you made to the PvP flag system was going to force everyone in the game, including those that are non-PvP oriented to become involved in PvP? If so, was this the intent and why?"

And before someone says "just communicate with your teammates or stop teaming flagged people".. that is the point I'm making.. I don't want to be involved or having to constantly check on these things. Even stuff as simple as inferno missions are becoming a nightmare when 1 person shows up with a flag and then next thing you know there's PvP at trial.
    I support Jill on this 100%, I'm not a PvP'er and now I'm getting flagged EVERY SINGLE DAY!

This situation is unacceptable to me, why is the game forcing people who DO NOT PvP to become targets of people who do (and have no problem taking advantage of it).

Players can't always use the grid to hide in a safe spot until the flag expires, and I'm sure they rather use that time to actually... play their character and not be forced to switch to another character instead.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

The disappointing truth is that those purely interested in PvP must PvM in order to play this game. Here we PvMers have to deal with the threat of PvP, which is nominally better than what a pure PvPer must endure.

I would expect, at the worst, that flags will be fixed when insta-levels are introduced.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I'm disappointed at the lack of any pictures of slime in this update Can we get any news on when you might show pictures of slime?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    The disappointing truth is that those purely interested in PvP must PvM in order to play this game. Here we PvMers have to deal with the threat of PvP, which is nominally better than what a pure PvPer must endure.

I would expect, at the worst, that flags will be fixed when insta-levels are introduced.
    It is beyond a threat of PvP.. I team a lot in AO and somehow, I end up flagged "by accident" on a daily basis. It is almost comical. Now, when I'm forming teams I invite everyone to my raid bot and I do not send an actual team invite until they are physically in front of me. The convenience of utilizing the LFT interface has been diminished by the possibility that one of my teammates has a flag. It is the only way I've determined that I can safely create a flag-free team. Unfortunately, there are many scenarios in game where this approach isn't plausible.. and inferno missions happens to be one of them.

Of course if the PvP flag thing worked properly then it wouldn't be as 'big' of an inconvenience. But because pets are borked and become hostile npc's to members of their owners team.. well it can be an annoying problem to have a flagged team or RI doing anything.

Lindelu, in another thread, asked about things they could do to promote teaming. This new PvP flag mechanism goes in the completely opposite direction. People already don't like doing pick-up groups or inviting people they don't know to things. So now we have yet another reason to not invite unknowns to teams.. because one person can basically hold up a raid or even create a significant disruption in a PvM activity.

I can't help but feel as if this PvP flag change wasn't completely thought through.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 7th, 2012 at 00:37:03.
    You can find me at:

I think you guys are over reacting to a 5 min flag, just something to get used to.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I think you guys are over reacting to a 5 min flag, just something to get used to.
    It's not the flag. It's the fact that they changed almost every professions toolset in response to their new flag system. When there was a much better alternative to the flag problem that required 0 rework of toolsets.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Damnit! The proper way to fix the flag situation is to make buffs and heals only land on PvP flagged toons if you are flagged your self, then you just add a PvP-enable button and you are done, no one will then mistakenly get flagged, this is a rather obvious solution, no?

Tax refund.
    Please don't link this to a building! Or if you do at least put that function in the HQ building. My current org's iCity is planned out and finished, there is no room for a new building in any case, why should we have to add a new building in order to collect taxes from members?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Considering how often the PVMers buffed flagged players and even worse, were outside healing them during active PVP, I can't feel completely sorry about PVMers getting flagged. The primary reason you guys are getting flagged now is because some of you are still assisting flagged players, eventually PVMers will stop interfering altogether.

On that note, the suggestion Jill had regarding buffing flagged players would be more than adequate. Surely it could be introduced as similar mechanics already exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Considering how often the PVMers buffed flagged players and even worse, were outside healing them during active PVP, I can't feel completely sorry about PVMers getting flagged. The primary reason you guys are getting flagged now is because some of you are still assisting flagged players, eventually PVMers will stop interfering altogether.

On that note, the suggestion Jill had regarding buffing flagged players would be more than adequate. Surely it could be introduced as similar mechanics already exist.
    Im a PvM Doc and i never got flagged, go figure..
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Actually, i"m getting flagged while trying to do PvM content like raids, instances and inferno leveling teams. I'm not talking about flags while standing around buffing flagged players in Borealis.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Next patch i suggest you guys to change TMS so it does damage to the user.
    Hey! Not fair to do another Soldier upgrade this soon after the +damage add on One-More-Hit-Healing, i suggest a +dam to *incoming* reflect and damage shield damage, it would have a broad ranging chaotic effect to most profesions thanks to idjit shields in symbs, something to really shake up PvE and PvP both, efficiency ftw!
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

All they had to do was make it where you cannot buff any flagged player unless you choose to flag yourself first. Then add a prompt to let a team leader know that "The person you have just invited is flagged for PvP. Accept or decline?" Solo and team problems solved. But FC, as usual, has to do it the hard way. They're so dedicated to using band-aid fixes they don't know any other way to operate.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 7th, 2012 at 07:29:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    hey're so dedicated to using band-aid fixes they don't know any other way to operate.
    I think they just use the Game Suggestion area as a list of things not to do.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

<...snip...> eventually PVMers will stop interfering altogether.
    IMO that's kind of a shame in my eyes, though not using the specific scenarios you mentioned (I can understand your frustration with pocketing, and I'm not saying we should bring it back). I'm more referring to the tone this sets in the fact that it's just one more thing that polarizes PvMers and PvPers. I still dislike how every damn game out there seems to insist on separating these elements of gameplay as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong, there should probably still be a "safe" end of the spectrum for both sides so that people who only want to PvP or PvM can do so, but in the middle I'd like to see more of a blurring between the two areas so that those of us who enjoy both don't have to feel like we're playing two different games.

Yeah I've probably rambled off from the point somewhat. But it's a problem that persists in all MMOs, not just AO. *shrug*
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Actually, i"m getting flagged while trying to do PvM content like raids, instances and inferno leveling teams. I'm not talking about flags while standing around buffing flagged players in Borealis.
    You or the people you team with must be really special or something, because that has yet to happen to me or anyone I know personally.

The flags simply don't last long enough for that, unless they were already in the middle of pvping. In which case they should have the common courtesy to wait.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Hey! Not fair to do another Soldier upgrade this soon after the +damage add on One-More-Hit-Healing
    Yeah that is another example of Funcom patented butterfly effect of bad decisions (tm)

I think the developers working on AO are incredible. Few game designers could do to a game what these people have done to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    I think the developers working on AO are incredible. Few game designers could do to a game what these people have done to this game.
    On the contrary, there have been many developers who have driven their games into the ground. And much more successfully, I might add. Other mmos have been killed in months while it's taken FC years to manage it.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast