Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Question

So, near-ish future, player cities go bye-bye... taking their Neuts-r-US whoompahs with them.
    FC is finally gonna fix the subway then

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelby View Post
    So, near-ish future, player cities go bye-bye... taking their Neuts-r-US whoompahs with them.
    FC is finally gonna fix the subway then
    I'm very curious as to what thought process leads you to thinking about subways because these stupid whompas everywhere will disappear? I must say that this is perplexing in the extreme.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    It's not the flag. It's the fact that they changed almost every professions toolset in response to their new flag system. When there was a much better alternative to the flag problem that required 0 rework of toolsets.
    Actually seeing them make changes, and remove stupid functionality and nerfing stupid overpowered abilities, why, that's refreshing in the extreme. Nerf some more things now, make more drastic changes, they're sorely needed.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    You or the people you team with must be really special or something, because that has yet to happen to me or anyone I know personally.
    It happens to me almost every single day... I am not making this up. I have plenty of concerns to voice on the forums, I don't need to add imaginary ones. Though I must confess it didn't happen to me yesterday but I only did one team yesterday and it was already formed and at beast platform when I joined.

I've seen it happen at various inferno missions, pande raids, vortexx farms, 12-mans and at least 2 sector 42 runs I've attended to be specific... all on RK2. And the bigger the team/raid party, the more of an annoyance it is to get rid of the flag due to how it works and is spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    The flags simply don't last long enough for that, unless they were already in the middle of pvping. In which case they should have the common courtesy to wait.
    And with this point I strongly agree.. people with flags should have the common courtesy to wait but apparently a lot of people do not. I can't explain or understand the type of person that is flagged and currently unaware of the disruption they're going to cause when they bring their PvP flag to a raid but I will tell you there are a lot of idiots out there that do this. The thing is, once its spread you have a hard time figuring out who even brought the original flag as no one generally admits to the fault.

If you go back and read my last post on the matter I mentioned how this new PvP flag system is adding a whole new group of people to my 'do not team' list and making me, as a team leader, have to micro-manage my team's flag status. This is simply something that I don't want to have to do as I'm not interested in PvPing.

And the thing about that 5 min flag (or however long it lasts) is that it only takes a sec for someone to get flagged and ganked at trial and then we're waiting on someone to rez and get back. The flags are so contagious that once someone has one, generally at least 1 or 2 people in team have to either: 1. Leave team and wait it out so that it doesn't constantly refresh or 2. Cancel all buffs and wait it out while in team. Both of these are holding up my PvM experience.

So while it might seem to you that I'm making a mountain out of a mole-hill, the truth is that this is an annoyance that I don't care for and I'm going to make sure Funcom is aware of how this change impacts my PvM experience. If it isn't impacting yours then that's just great.. I wish I was in your situation, but I am not.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 7th, 2012 at 13:42:51.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

so ask for 2 options?:

• cannot invite flagged players
    • cannot cast on flagged player
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    so ask for 2 options?:

• cannot invite flagged players
    • cannot cast on flagged player
    I've already done that.. let me link you to that post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I think the PvP system went from one extreme to another.

As far as I could tell, the main issue/problem that street-fighters were experiencing was some sort of outside assistance from a non-flagged party, usually in the form of heals (or I guess absorbs and/or AAD/AAO buffs and such too). I don't PvP everyday but yes, I get how annoying that can be.. I've experienced and heck, I've done it as a doctor. It isn't fair fighting to say the least.

That being said, this new solution seems like an overly complicated way to deal with the problem and I'm wondering why another more reasonable solution can't be used (which I am about to propose).

Right now, if I go to cast a buff on a flagged player that is outside of my PvP range, I get a message.. I can't remember the exact wording but the jist is "You can't help out this lowbie because you're not in their PvP range." From what I can remember of doing tower wars, that was the biggest annoyance of being 4hr flag.. the fact that, at some lower levels, that meant that you couldn't get any decent outside buffs.

Is it not more reasonable, that if someone.. anyone is flagged, and you go to cast a buff on them such as SFA.. rather than flag the person casting SFA.. just give them the same message "You cannot cast a non-hostile nano on a target whose PvP status is different from yours." This shouldn't be tough to do as the mechanic is already in place in game.. the only difference being that instead of doing a check regarding level, you are only doing a check against their PvP flag status. Now if the person really wants to buff that individual, all they have to do is hit Q, right? That flags them up and then they can cast whatever they want. The result being that they consciously made a decision to get flagged.

Similarly for any non-hostile auras/team effects/whatever is causing toons to get flagged unknowingly at the moment, the same message should be spammed. Again, this mechanic is already in place because I am constantly spammed with "You must be level 215 to receive this effect." type messages when teamed with people higher level than me that are running team nano auras that have level checks. Add a PvP flag check to all such nanos/auras as well. If they're in your team and you really want to buff them.. break team, hit Q and buff them. OR just give us a /pvp command so people can give themselves an immediate 5 minute flag whenever they want. To not junk up our normal chat windows, assign these messages to their own channel.. something similar to "PvP Warnings" or whatever you wish to call it.

To me, the above seems a lot more reasonable than what is going on right now and a lot less likely to annoy/frustrate people that have no interest in taking part in PvP activities at a given time.

And before someone says "You joined a game with a conflict, get over it." That's not how I view things. When a faction, country or whatever is war that does not mean that every member of said faction or citizen of that country takes up arms. It seems to me to be within reason to choose not to be a soldier on the frontlines on a day to day basis.. if that's how I choose to play.

To any effect.. I'm just wondering why the type of solution I just outlined wasn't rolled out versus this mess that we have now.

And PvPers feel free to tear the idea apart.. I have no wishes to destroy your fun or your playtime.. but at the same time, it seems like this current system is just an annoyance for people that true PvPers probably have no interest in even attacking anyway.. while leaving a lot of room for those that want to grief players ignorant of the new mechanics (and corresponding bugs).
    You can find me at:

In regards to the GMI, I'd be curious to know:

- # Buy Orders Placed
    - # Buy Orders Filled
    - # Sell Orders Placed
    - # Sell Orders Fulfilled
    - # Toons that have used the GMI (either via placing a buy order or a sell order)

I'm guessing you have data outside of the total cred value of transactions thus far, that would be interesting to see.
    I would be interested in how many items have been sold for less than their shop-food value, this could be done with some spread-sheet magic, no?
    It would give some clue to how successful the One-Cred-Buyers-League has been.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I think that the main problem with flag is not the fact that you are open to attack, what is real aim of flagging, but the fact that you passively or by accident damage or debuff your teammmates or raidmates.
    This was wrong for all the time, but nowadays, when flagging is much more frequent than before, this arises as a sorely needed issue for fixing.
    I highly doubt that FC has intended to have there flagged pvm raids where every second profession has to run with turned half of native buffs turned off to avoid future accidental spreading of flag. This mechanic annoys players and I think that annoying things has to be eliminated for good of this game, not created.
    Please, FC buddies, take it into consideration in future corrective efforts and do something with it.
    Thank you,
    best regards
    Philty
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    On the contrary, there have been many developers who have driven their games into the ground. And much more successfully, I might add.
    Thats mostly because they are so lightning fast at doing things

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    I would be interested in how many items have been sold for less than their shop-food value, this could be done with some spread-sheet magic, no?
    It would give some clue to how successful the One-Cred-Buyers-League has been.
    I totally agree with this. Having it set up so that before you can even put in a price on your item you immediately are sent to a quick sell buy offer from some dirtbag offering 1 cred for a perennium blaster and if you hit the wrong key they get your item is a bad idea. Please eliminate that from happening PLEASE remove that immediate quick sell option. I'm sure many people lost items that way before they figured out the correct way to bypass it and many more still will because it is a bad set up.

@VAUGHN2006

klick ur item into market inventory and press the button "details" then u can "create a sell order" for ur item
    Last edited by Brampfine; Jul 7th, 2012 at 16:38:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Damnit! The proper way to fix the flag situation is to make buffs and heals only land on PvP flagged toons if you are flagged your self, then you just add a PvP-enable button and you are done, no one will then mistakenly get flagged, this is a rather obvious solution, no?

Tax refund.
    Please don't link this to a building! Or if you do at least put that function in the HQ building. My current org's iCity is planned out and finished, there is no room for a new building in any case, why should we have to add a new building in order to collect taxes from members?
    I agree regarding pvp flags and tax building.

If it must be a separate building then make it 1x1, not 3x3 as proposed in the TL patch notes. Plus increase the plot size of all I-cities when the tax building is released to include space for the Tax building with no increase in rent. If I-cities can't have their plot size changed now because of some technical limitation ... then make the size change when we merge allowing more room for this new building without changing the rent.

It would also be nice to know more detail of which buildings would fit in a large vs medium vs small I-city once we move to the new server ... and how these compare to the current I-city plots and how rent is to be calculated.

Quote from June monthly update - Lindelu:
    The president of the Organization will be the one receiving a voucher that can be used to buy an instanced city, and a package of every building you can think of.
    I assume this will include the Sauna, the new park and the new Tax building ...

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

It would also be nice to know more detail of which buildings would fit in a large vs medium vs small I-city once we move to the new server ... and how these compare to the current I-city plots and how rent is to be calculated.

Quote from June monthly update - Lindelu:

I assume this will include the Sauna, the new park and the new Tax building ...

Kinnik
    Its my understanding that all iCities are the same size. I have only been in about 10 or so - but they were all identical in size/layout. That is why I have been asking to have the size scalable - so that orgs can enjoy all of the buildings available if they choose (and would pay fees based on that).
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    They'll probably be able to set a time frame after the new engine has been in place on live a few months.
    Well I made sure there's about 9+ months worth of rent available, would just like it to come before all that is exhausted and we lose the city by accident, or the fact that I didn't log in for a bit and missed it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

...or the creds disappear from the org bank and you need to petition. That'd be fun.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    @VAUGHN2006

klick ur item into market inventory and press the button "details" then u can "create a sell order" for ur item
    I know that, but I like many were not aware to select details when the first thing that pops up is a screen asking you do you want to sell and its some bottom feeders buy bid for 1 cred. They should eliminate the quick buy feature completely or make it less in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    Im a PvM Doc and i never got flagged, go figure..
    I have no idea what your point is. Just in case, not all PVMers would stay unflagged and pocket heal or buff people, but it only takes one to ruin PVP for hours.

Actually, i"m getting flagged while trying to do PvM content like raids, instances and inferno leveling teams. I'm not talking about flags while standing around buffing flagged players in Borealis.
    I am referring to the ones you invite who are flagged, and thus get you flagged when you buff them in your team. As was mentioned though, the flags should only last 5 minutes, so unless you are actually standing around in borealis inviting these people who are also in borealis I do not see this as being as big a problem as people proclaim.

There are simply not enough people in the shadowlands or waiting outside raid areas hoping for a chance to gank someone with a 5-minute flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    IMO that's kind of a shame in my eyes, though not using the specific scenarios you mentioned (I can understand your frustration with pocketing, and I'm not saying we should bring it back). I'm more referring to the tone this sets in the fact that it's just one more thing that polarizes PvMers and PvPers. I still dislike how every damn game out there seems to insist on separating these elements of gameplay as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong, there should probably still be a "safe" end of the spectrum for both sides so that people who only want to PvP or PvM can do so, but in the middle I'd like to see more of a blurring between the two areas so that those of us who enjoy both don't have to feel like we're playing two different games.

Yeah I've probably rambled off from the point somewhat. But it's a problem that persists in all MMOs, not just AO. *shrug*
    I only meant the PVMers who have no desire to PVP at all will not interfere anymore. People who want to jump into a fight are now free to actually do that, and with such a short timer on the flag PVMers should be more inclined to participate even given the risk of actually dieing.

I still laugh though and have said it before, PVMers will complain if they do not die enough in PVE content but will rage quit the game if another player kills them in PVP.

I think the point made a number of times in this and other threads is that the contagious or accidental flagging has intruded on PVM to the point people are getting ganked at Trials while waiting for their Inferno team mission to be rolled.

So Gatester, there are gankers enough in SL to be an issue.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As was mentioned though, the flags should only last 5 minutes, so unless you are actually standing around in borealis inviting these people who are also in borealis I do not see this as being as big a problem as people proclaim.
    It takes me about 45sec to go from Borealis to trial.. how long does it take you?
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Mind...blown.
    See what you did now FC?! SEE!

On a side note, why the hell do we need a tax building at all when there's already an org tax functionality in game. It's something orgs have never used much, if at all, because city shops were taxed and were capable of supporting city upkeep quite easily. Now it will actually serve a real purpose no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast