Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

No because, as has been stated many, many times, a flat org tax disproportionately hurts low-level toons, many of whom are new players. The org functionality you speak of is not functional.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    No because, as has been stated many, many times, a flat org tax disproportionately hurts low-level toons, many of whom are new players. The org functionality you speak of is not functional.
    Agreed. When I ran my org, I made it a nice 2% tax so everyone was treated fairly and the newbies didn't lose enough to even notice. Flat tax is too disproportionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    When I ran my org, I made it a nice 2% tax
    I think you're talking about the tax on selling an item in the player shop, no? This other fellow is talking about the /org tax module, which I believe only allows for flat tax amounts, not percentages.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Ghosts of Atlantean

i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I think you're talking about the tax on selling an item in the player shop, no? This other fellow is talking about the /org tax module, which I believe only allows for flat tax amounts, not percentages.
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I could have sworn it used to be percentage based for org tax as well. Been a few years since I had an org.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 8th, 2012 at 04:10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    See what you did now FC?! SEE!

On a side note, why the hell do we need a tax building at all when there's already an org tax functionality in game. It's something orgs have never used much, if at all, because city shops were taxed and were capable of supporting city upkeep quite easily. Now it will actually serve a real purpose no?
    Yeah but if I remember correctly, it's so that you can set a fixed amount to be TAKEN from each active player every day. For a 220, a few thousand creds a day means nothing, for a brand new player who joins the org who is lvl 5 and don't even have a mill to his name? he will go broke and never recover.

It is for this very reason that no decent org that I am aware of, has ever used this /org tax feature since the start of the game.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I think everyone has it wrong on the /org tax thing. The amount you set is deducted for every 2 hours of in-game play time.. not every 24hrs.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

/org tax thingy COULD be usefull if it was modified to tax the members every X days for y% i guess, but atm it's useless
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Thumbs down

Big thumbs down for only instanced cities. BOO!

They should consider fixing the economy before adding features not needed.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    They should consider fixing the economy before adding features not needed.
    I agree, who needs the tax returns building when they're taking a minimum of 16bn extra creds out the economy every month (or there abouts). Please attach a Soon™ flag to the development of this building Everyone get trading on the GMI and man up about loosing 6% to help fix the game a bit for the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Yeah but if I remember correctly, it's so that you can set a fixed amount to be TAKEN from each active player every day. For a 220, a few thousand creds a day means nothing, for a brand new player who joins the org who is lvl 5 and don't even have a mill to his name? he will go broke and never recover.

It is for this very reason that no decent org that I am aware of, has ever used this /org tax feature since the start of the game.
    I know one of the larger orgs on RK2 used to use this function years ago, Inner Circle. If your org has a city and towers if goes a long way to helping establish funds for maintaining both. That said I've never used the tax function in any org I've run and don't like the idea of it, simply taking 1% of sales and encouraging AI city raids and other farming was enough to keep the city paid.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    I know one of the larger orgs on RK2 used to use this function years ago, Inner Circle. If your org has a city and towers if goes a long way to helping establish funds for maintaining both. That said I've never used the tax function in any org I've run and don't like the idea of it, simply taking 1% of sales and encouraging AI city raids and other farming was enough to keep the city paid.
    In my old org we had tax of 40k. But we were a highend org, not for newbies. It was a small tax, and the city raids and sales tax from city helped to pay for our biweekly meeting where the org would spend the surplus to for instance buy lead bots to build a piece of Combined armor for a member who had such on their request list and had not received loot of any similar quality recently.

Of course, I have since learned that that kind of org structure, with the org actually being a real entity that worked for its members, and not just a chat channel for people who are only there to sell stuff in a market or get a buff from advantages, is rather rare.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Sufficiently large orgs with shop could keep averagely sized city running and even make some surplus on shop-tax. The /org tax system punishes the non-active players in my mind, if you are there just to help around. I would probably go with percent of credits from mobs and quests...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

This other game (forgot the name *cough*) has a nice guild perk. Every time you loot gold from mob you killed, some amount goes to guild bank.
    It's not taken from your share. Instead some extra is generated just for guild.
    Let's say it's 10% and you loot 100 gold, then you get 100 gold and 10 gold is made out of nothing and added to guild bank.

Quote Originally Posted by juku View Post
    This other game (forgot the name *cough*) has a nice guild perk. Every time you loot gold from mob you killed, some amount goes to guild bank.
    It's not taken from your share. Instead some extra is generated just for guild.
    Let's say it's 10% and you loot 100 gold, then you get 100 gold and 10 gold is made out of nothing and added to guild bank.
    This game needs creds taken out of the game, not more put in.

I came up with a geometric formula that my old org pores could use, one that tried to evenly distribute the org tax amongst low- and high-level toons. Imagine my surprise when I was told it's a flat tax. Bump for something other than a flat tax.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Ghosts of Atlantean

i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    This game needs creds taken out of the game, not more put in.
    Oh. There is too much money in game? How come I can't even buy 2 implants and some heal kits once I get off the newbie island?
    If you have too much money go give it to those that don't have money (Oh, right. Everyone does.. too much of it) and they will spend it on things they need. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I think the point made a number of times in this and other threads is that the contagious or accidental flagging has intruded on PVM to the point people are getting ganked at Trials while waiting for their Inferno team mission to be rolled.

So Gatester, there are gankers enough in SL to be an issue.

Kinnik
    I believe that is the point people are trying to make, not that it is a valid point. Until FC fixes this you can avoid it, its up to the players to either be stubborn and get flagged and die to trial campers...or to take steps to avoid dieing for a while. Although I do not believe there are trial gankers waiting around for hours for the chance to gank a single player when they can just do that in borealis instead, FC is bound to adjust this given a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    It takes me about 45sec to go from Borealis to trial.. how long does it take you?
    With a flag? 5 minutes. In the end you are blaming the gun for killing people rather than the shooter themselves. Your examples are really difficult to believe are commonplace as well. What you require is:

Active PVP in borealis or athens to be taking place
    A player who is actively participating in PVP but also on LFT for inferno missions
    Inviting that player who also has an SL recall beacon and inferno garden key (no other form of travel can realistically get them to trial fast enough to flag their team)
    Inviting that player within 1 minute of them becoming flagged
    That player to be unaware of his active flag or to not care that he has an active flag
    That player to not warn his teammates he has an active flag
    No one in the team able to wait out the active flag

For it to be an actual issue you would also need that ganker present who is willing to sit at trial for hours waiting for someone with a flag to travely by. I also doubt you are inviting many 220's to inferno missions, so the ones who are flagged must be pre-220's who seem to always be PVPing against higher level players. Finally there is the fact that many players simply terminate to return to the gardens, which should cancel any flag they have. It is just a very weird set of requirements for what you claim to be occuring constantly.

I've never actually seen someone die while unintentionally flagged besides at Borealis.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I think everyone has it wrong on the /org tax thing. The amount you set is deducted for every 2 hours of in-game play time.. not every 24hrs.
    You are correct, I had not used it in my org, neither did I test it. I had to ask a few vets and they confirmed, 2hrs. That is worse than I thought.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast