Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    I've never actually seen someone die while unintentionally flagged besides at Borealis.
    But apparently it happens all the time.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I've never actually seen someone die while unintentionally flagged besides at Borealis.
    If a new player has never seen the beast... does it mean it does not exist?...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by juku View Post
    Oh. There is too much money in game? How come I can't even buy 2 implants and some heal kits once I get off the newbie island?
    If you have too much money go give it to those that don't have money (Oh, right. Everyone does.. too much of it) and they will spend it on things they need. Problem solved.
    1. Because Newbie Island sucks.

2. Because you don't know how to farm Newbie Island for jewels.

3. Because Newbie Island sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    You must be Stephen Hawking's son.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Windguaerd confirms, flat tax every 2 hrs, super lame.
    I guess my point is FC should fix the freakin mechanic they have in place currently, instead of adding a 15x15 building to my already overcrowded city plot, which serves no purpose other than collecting tax revenue. At least the market building had, you know, shops that made it useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I like how someone with a 2006 join date gets a new player reference.

If someone is going to make the claim that people are dieing all the time all over RK and SL, then any other player should be able to see it as well. Things that are common are common because everyone experiences them. If you want your comment to be accurate then you have to add something that makes it relevant.

If a player is told something is common, but never witnesses a single occurance of it after several years, can it still be considered common?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post

The Market (GMI) Improvements

Feedback has been mostly positive
    Maybe because dozens of angry posts about the GMI were heavily moderated and/or deleted? I still don't know of very many people who approve of the GMI in its current state over the GMS. The only thing people on RK1 are liking about it is the fact that since prices are different on RK2, they can sell things like viralbots to the 12 remaining RK2 players for higher prices. When selling to RK1, however, most people still prefer to use the shopping channels and dnet to avoid the excessive taxation on everything.

Also, until there's no longer the potential for people's items/credits to time out in the mail, it's still a very flawed system.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    267 390 946 913 credits have already traded hands in the new Market (GMI), according to the snapshot taken on 28/6!
    This data is useless without comparison. What was the average daily GMS transfers vs. the average daily GMI transfers? 267 billion actually seems quite low for both servers.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    This data is useless without comparison. What was the average daily GMS transfers vs. the average daily GMI transfers? 267 billion actually seems quite low for both servers.
    9 days for both servers, 267 billion. Just short of 30 billion changing hands through it pr. day, about 900 billion a month. I figure it'll only increase as people learn/accept the new way of trading. Untill it reaches a stable level.

Still it would be interesting to know the old GMS daily trading. Though for proper comparison, we should probably wait a month or two... it is however likely that it was impossible to keep track on the old one.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

There are 370 outdoor cities on RK. There are 2 servers. That's 740 cities. Let's assume 50m rent a month. We know that is a very low number. Let's assume 2% tax on shop sales. Let's assume that sales from shop alwys paid for city rent, which is a safe assumption. In order to get 50m in tax, a shop needs to sell 2.5 billion. 2.5 billion across 740 city shops would net 1.85 trillion a month. Now, that is with a very, very conservative 50m a city rent. That is also not counting the neutral orgs shops that were rented. Those shops probably sold 50+ billion each.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Quote Originally Posted by ilaliya
    267 390 946 913 credits have already traded hands in the new Market (GMI), according to the snapshot taken on 28/6!
    That sounds like a lot but is it? 600m for a CC/CSS piece at ql300 (yes that is low balling) give or take depending on the day. A full set is ~4.2b (7pcs x 600m). So that 267b in 9 days is well really only ~64 full sets of cc/css that have changed hands or in item terms ~448 items. That could be as low as 50 items trading in a day. So I second the post that says short of actual volume numbers of items sold the number is useless. I would bet based on Combined Armor prices alone that no more 900-1100 actual items have been traded on the new GMI in the time frame being reported. Really to call it a grand success I would have expected 900b-1.5t in the same time frame.

Until it gets to a final form I am just staying away from it.

The next large task will begin in July, and it contains getting our internal world building tool ready to export new art assets utilizing materials and tech that previously have not been supported
    And what is with yet another GD post talking about the internal tools getting updated to export the new content. I mean really, do I actually have to dig through all of them these last few years and link specifics post? But fast count this is the third time in the last year. So this is one of those little indicators that tells me "amount of work was underestimated" or "we made changes to other stuff once again undoing all that other work". Either way it is an old statement that continues to have the same meaning.

for example the new player experience areas – as they are completely built for this new engine!
    And this just begs to ask "Do you think folks will stay once they hit RK and realize that the rest of the game does not look as good as the starter area?". Sorry, as much I want it all to look pretty, I really hate games that the first part looks awesome then the rest looks like a 2 year old's crayon work. Get this right or I suspect those new people the game so badly needs will go screw this and sit down and log out.

One of the things that you've already pointed out, is that our GUI could be more informative, and we agree.
    Since you are going to be in there. Please remove the damn hue color that gets applied to everything so that the skin developers can create some really nice looking skins and not have to fight with the colors to get there. I mean really that is just annoying as hell.

The MA proc Disharmony will be converted from a drain proc to a heal proc. After reviewing this particular perk action we feel that it needs to see some changes in the next update as the changes done to perks and proc damage being affected by Damage Modifiers, really lifted the MA's ability far more than we anticipated.
    As an MA I like the damage and heals it has now. As a player I understand it has to be balanced and as it now it is overpowered. But the last part of the last sentence quoted tell us all that no-one on the dev team
    1) plays an endgame MA
    2) read the forum post in April or ignored it as it talked specifically to this overpower effect with hard numbers showing the shear stupid amounts of healing it was doing
    3) took the time to copy a live server endgame MA data into the test system and see for themselves just how powerful this would be
    4) that the devs are really into showing the players just how much they don't understand about the game.

This really scares the crap of me when I think about all the other system changes. I mean come on. That perk is pretty clear: 50% chance to hit for 240 damage and heals 130% of 240 on player when fully perked. Or a 312 pt heal which on a endgame pvm ma with shens could be 20+ heals a minute. If the RNG is liking you that is 35-40 of those a minute. At 312 it was powerful but balanced. MA's have damage buffs that are over 300 pts of damage. There is a 100 pt damage hud. Just there is 400+ pts of damage or 520+ more healing. I really want to know how you did not see this overpowered situation developing till after it hit live. Example with no buffs running my 220 MA has 498 points of add damage. Buffed it is 900+. More specifically I was being healed 1342 pts everytime the perk fired. Higher if all the LE procs had fired. As I posted in another thread I could solo in Pande. Not a huge accomplishment for some classes, but then again I was doing it without DoF/Limber or Evasive Stance running. The heals could keep up with the damage and that just seems very wrong. I really don't get how this was not seen earlier especially when the players reported it and discussed it.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    I really don't get how this was not seen earlier especially when the players reported it and discussed it.
    Almost every "flaw" in the 18.5 patch was reported on test live. Including all the ones from GMI. I don't even see the point of test servers if they aren't going to listen to the testers.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    I believe that is the point people are trying to make, not that it is a valid point. Until FC fixes this you can avoid it, its up to the players to either be stubborn and get flagged and die to trial campers...or to take steps to avoid dieing for a while. Although I do not believe there are trial gankers waiting around for hours for the chance to gank a single player when they can just do that in borealis instead, FC is bound to adjust this given a bit of time.
    Please tell me where I stated in my post, or even implied that people were sitting around trial camping it with the hopes of waiting for a flagged person. I do not believe anyone in game does that. But what I have witnessed on multiple occasions is people taking advantage of a PvP opportunity when they see someone flagged of the opposite faction while waiting. THAT is what I said.. not that trial has become the new Borealis.

With a flag? 5 minutes.
    Why does it take you 5 min to get from Borealis to trial with a flag? I feel like I"m missing something.

Your examples are really difficult to believe are commonplace as well. What you require is:

Active PVP in borealis or athens to be taking place
    You don't have to be in borealis flagged to get the flag in the first place. But that being said, during the time I play AO.. there is always PvP going on in Borealis Maybe it is a time zone thing or something.

A player who is actively participating in PVP but also on LFT for inferno missions
    This is VERY common. Most people with any sort of common sense don't just stand idle in one spot doing absolutely nothing while on LFT. Most people engage in something else that they can do without a team in the interim. If the person happens to like PvP then guess what they're doing while waiting for a leveling team.

Inviting that player who also has an SL recall beacon and inferno garden key (no other form of travel can realistically get them to trial fast enough to flag their team)
    Ok common sense thing, I thought but...If they have to /terminate to get to the garden then that should clear the flag.. so obviously the people that are flagging people in inferno are getting there either via a garden key transportation statue or using a recall beacon. This type of player is also more likely to be someplace pvping.

Inviting that player within 1 minute of them becoming flagged
    No idea where the 1min came in but if someone is actively PvPing 'someplace' and gets an invite then they're otw for the mish.

That player to be unaware of his active flag or to not care that he has an active flag
    Seriously? Does it surprise you that players in AO don't care about how their actions affect other players not interested in PvP. Are we playing the same game?

That player to not warn his teammates he has an active flag
    Again.... lol

No one in the team able to wait out the active flag.
    And this was my point. I dont want to have to wait out flags in order to PvM when members of the team that were not engaging in PvP, to start, get flagged. and in a RI situation it is really tough to lose a flag unless you basically disband the team.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 9th, 2012 at 02:43:23.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

That sounds like a lot but is it? 600m for a CC/CSS piece at ql300 (yes that is low balling) give or take depending on the day. A full set is ~4.2b (7pcs x 600m). So that 267b in 9 days is well really only ~64 full sets of cc/css that have changed hands or in item terms ~448 items. That could be as low as 50 items trading in a day. So I second the post that says short of actual volume numbers of items sold the number is useless. I would bet based on Combined Armor prices alone that no more 900-1100 actual items have been traded on the new GMI in the time frame being reported. Really to call it a grand success I would have expected 900b-1.5t in the same time frame.

Until it gets to a final form I am just staying away from it.

And what is with yet another GD post talking about the internal tools getting updated to export the new content. I mean really, do I actually have to dig through all of them these last few years and link specifics post? But fast count this is the third time in the last year. So this is one of those little indicators that tells me "amount of work was underestimated" or "we made changes to other stuff once again undoing all that other work". Either way it is an old statement that continues to have the same meaning.

And this just begs to ask "Do you think folks will stay once they hit RK and realize that the rest of the game does not look as good as the starter area?". Sorry, as much I want it all to look pretty, I really hate games that the first part looks awesome then the rest looks like a 2 year old's crayon work. Get this right or I suspect those new people the game so badly needs will go screw this and sit down and log out.

Since you are going to be in there. Please remove the damn hue color that gets applied to everything so that the skin developers can create some really nice looking skins and not have to fight with the colors to get there. I mean really that is just annoying as hell.

As an MA I like the damage and heals it has now. As a player I understand it has to be balanced and as it now it is overpowered. But the last part of the last sentence quoted tell us all that no-one on the dev team
    1) plays an endgame MA
    2) read the forum post in April or ignored it as it talked specifically to this overpower effect with hard numbers showing the shear stupid amounts of healing it was doing
    3) took the time to copy a live server endgame MA data into the test system and see for themselves just how powerful this would be
    4) that the devs are really into showing the players just how much they don't understand about the game.

This really scares the crap of me when I think about all the other system changes. I mean come on. That perk is pretty clear: 50% chance to hit for 240 damage and heals 130% of 240 on player when fully perked. Or a 312 pt heal which on a endgame pvm ma with shens could be 20+ heals a minute. If the RNG is liking you that is 35-40 of those a minute. At 312 it was powerful but balanced. MA's have damage buffs that are over 300 pts of damage. There is a 100 pt damage hud. Just there is 400+ pts of damage or 520+ more healing. I really want to know how you did not see this overpowered situation developing till after it hit live. Example with no buffs running my 220 MA has 498 points of add damage. Buffed it is 900+. More specifically I was being healed 1342 pts everytime the perk fired. Higher if all the LE procs had fired. As I posted in another thread I could solo in Pande. Not a huge accomplishment for some classes, but then again I was doing it without DoF/Limber or Evasive Stance running. The heals could keep up with the damage and that just seems very wrong. I really don't get how this was not seen earlier especially when the players reported it and discussed it.
    If I could put this entire post in my sig, I would.

+100

And then you realize the developer of the much hated and QQ'd AS pistol is in charge of this balance crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

How much actual rebalancing did you guys expected from people responsible for 1he/1hb Enfs, ranged Advs and Envy/OH Fixers? This was their previous attempt to change things, and it effectively turned AO into 3 profession game.

If there's anything i learned these past few weeks is that smartest thing about rebalancing would be to scrap the whole thing - for good.

There's been two simple systems changes and already things have fallen apart. I cant even imagine the magnitude of lulz to be had if they ever release the whole thing.

wait for it....
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    There are 370 outdoor cities on RK. There are 2 servers. That's 740 cities. Let's assume 50m rent a month. We know that is a very low number. Let's assume 2% tax on shop sales. Let's assume that sales from shop alwys paid for city rent, which is a safe assumption. In order to get 50m in tax, a shop needs to sell 2.5 billion. 2.5 billion across 740 city shops would net 1.85 trillion a month. Now, that is with a very, very conservative 50m a city rent. That is also not counting the neutral orgs shops that were rented. Those shops probably sold 50+ billion each.
    Too many assumptions. I know that my current and old org sit around with multiple billion in the org bank, because city is only a small amount. The credits have been sitting there for years, from some great spout of sales. But yes, the number is kinda lowish.
    The Red Brotherhood

Tell that to the poor doc in my inf mish team today who got chewed up and spit out by my angry chicken bot while i wasnt paying attention.

Apparently "pets dont like flagged people" again.

All it took was one person in the team to turn up with a flag, almost everyone has some kind of AOE buff and that means your in a cycle of constant flag refresh.
    Atleast most of us can turn our AOE's off and wait it out, poor crat had to be kicked from team due to perk aura.

I know i was laughing at the time,(but hey not evenin noticing your pets have just alpha'd a 203 doctor in your own team IS kinda funny) but jokes aside this IS an issue and it IS slowing down content.

Once again i have to ask how annoying any percentage of the population to the point of not wanting to play anymore is going to help a game thats leaking active players at an alarming rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

People just have to adjust, it seems. Amusing that the pet ate the doc though. Great stuff!
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast