Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Imba low leveling creds

ahh always the same for me, i read your stupid posts, think the **** ive gotta refute the nonsense youre so conceitedly texting. i find myself writing something for 2minutes and then get to the point where i think nah, why do i wanna waste my time here. xD

ill try it real quick tho lmfao.

newbies have too little money until 150, it is true.

collecting crap from lvl level mishs will give you really really little credz.
    i wanna see you blitz shopnanos with lvl 10, do basic armor quest with 100 run speed,
    heck even with 150 youll have a hard time to kill pocketbosses for symbs that are worth a bit. oh and lets not forget failing with 150 at kelly because her hd is too much lol

and dont forget, 6-100 is the main problem. there is nothing which will grant a stable money income except for basic armor (but unless you ask for money you wont be able to afford a yalm).

so please retard**** from above, tell me how a lvl 15 player can get billions

on the other hand. what i can see is to farm the ncu ring a few times and then sell it for 5m on the shopping channel. but even that requires some equip to kill the boss

it was all good with nasc ingots, that money income was perfect to buy equip necessary for performing decently while leveling. ely ingots ruined the economy agreed. anyway, thats another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    There is no denying that new players find it very hard to make money, it takes a lot of time and a commitment to the game that is near fanatic if you are to make the leap from making tens and hundreds of thousands and start making millions. Those of us that have made it at least partially to a place were making creds is easy have sort of an elitist view on this that makes changes and even debate pretty hard to work. Sakurzoda, i can only advice you to hang in there and to read the guides and the advice in the new Arrivals forum.
    It gets better and making it gives a feeling of accomplishment that is unmatched by any of the WoW-clone-wellfare-epics stuff that is the state of the art in MMO's these days.
    that

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    oh heyy lazy <3

oh heyy lazy <3
    ohai
    Last edited by Lazy; Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:29:17.

ahh always the same for me, i read your stupid posts, think the **** ive gotta refute the nonsense youre so conceitedly texting. i find myself writing something for 2minutes and then get to the point where i think nah, why do i wanna waste my time here. xD

ill try it real quick tho lmfao.

newbies have too little money until 150, it is true.

collecting crap from lvl level mishs will give you really really little credz.
    i wanna see you blitz shopnanos with lvl 10, do basic armor quest with 100 run speed,
    heck even with 150 youll have a hard time to kill pocketbosses for symbs that are worth a bit. oh and lets not forget failing with 150 at kelly because her hd is too much lol

and dont forget, 6-100 is the main problem. there is nothing which will grant a stable money income except for basic armor (but unless you ask for money you wont be able to afford a yalm).

on the other hand. what i can see is to farm the ncu ring a few times and then sell it for 5m on the shopping channel. but even that requires some equip to kill the boss

it was all good with nasc ingots, that money income was perfect to buy equip necessary for performing decently while leveling. ely ingots ruined the economy agreed. anyway, thats another story.

So basically your issue is that people might actually have to put in a bit of effort to get to where they need to be? Nasc ingots were not 'perfect' by any means - they too provided far too much for too little effort. The only reason they had so little economic impact was because high-levels farmed from Ely and left Nasc alone. Had there been no ingots in Ely, high level players would have farmed Nasc because they will always go for the source of income that is indirectly proportionate to the amount of effort put in.

Now, you're telling me that a level 15 player can't make billions. This is true. What a level 15, or more appropriately level 10 player, can do is make enough money to survive. There's a massive thread about it in New Arrivals.

Your argument is that low level players cannot make high level player amounts of money. This is true and is not an issue. Low level players should not be making those amounts of money. You are only correct in saying that there are gaps in making appropriate amounts of money, for example level 50-100 or so. That is a fair point - but stop asking for the CEO's office when you're only qualified to clean it. People should only be making billions when it's time for them to make billions.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    So basically your issue is that people might actually have to put in a bit of effort to get to where they need to be? Nasc ingots were not 'perfect' by any means - they too provided far too much for too little effort. The only reason they had so little economic impact was because high-levels farmed from Ely and left Nasc alone. Had there been no ingots in Ely, high level players would have farmed Nasc because they will always go for the source of income that is indirectly proportionate to the amount of effort put in.
    oh give me a break. a platin ingot from nasc hecks gave around 150k credz, iridium was about 50k. mission bosses lvl 150+ drop discs which are worth more and are massdrop. so your hypothesis is wrong that nascence ingots would cause an inflation.

Now, you're telling me that a level 15 player can't make billions. This is true. What a level 15, or more appropriately level 10 player, can do is make enough money to survive. There's a massive thread about it in New Arrivals.
    well of course a lvl 10 player can farm 100h (slightly exaggerated) stuff and sell it so that he has enough to be decently equipped with lvl 11. if you can point out where the fun is buried id shut up.

Your argument is that low level players cannot make high level player amounts of money. This is true and is not an issue. Low level players should not be making those amounts of money. You are only correct in saying that there are gaps in making appropriate amounts of money, for example level 50-100 or so. That is a fair point - but stop asking for the CEO's office when you're only qualified to clean it. People should only be making billions when it's time for them to make
    sorry you missed the point, this is not my argument. i never said that.

I'm always amazed that even though there are tons of these threads, people still manage to make money and play AO. /shrug
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm always amazed that even though there are tons of these threads, people still manage to make money and play AO. /shrug
    For froobs starting out in this game, it is literally impossible to make enough credits to afford basic gear, such as low level implants or weapons better than newbie island weapons, by being self-sufficent.

You have to accidentally stumble onto the gold-mine of Concrete Cusions online, be told about them by another player, or have someone give you credits because you are trying to sell trash loot on the shopping channel.

It is, in my opinion, the WORST part of the new player experience by far.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    For froobs starting out in this game, it is literally impossible to make enough credits to afford basic gear, such as low level implants or weapons better than newbie island weapons, by being self-sufficent.
    And yet somehow me and you and every other player that once started playing this game "made it" so it must not be all that impossible, right?

yeah ofc in the end you will hit 220/30/70, it is still doable within 2 weeks.
    but then its a mix of mooching off money at the beginning and leeching levels on to twinkchars or players with powerlevel chars.

it is possible to suffice with the low money income if you lvl really really slow and always look out for money. but as i said, i cant imagine ´newbies considering this fun. now dont get hung up on that.

if newbies would get a bit more money through questing it would be way better. (short quests like those from the newbie island, which give maybe 1-2 million rewards, not-repeatable) maybe doable every 5 levels or so.
    Last edited by slythea; Oct 4th, 2012 at 19:34:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    And yet somehow me and you and every other player that once started playing this game "made it" so it must not be all that impossible, right?
    EXACTLY.

Just as a caveat, I remember being able to make OVER 100million by the time I was a level 60 Nanomage MP. That was me starting fresh in AO, totally new to the MMO genre & basically having no idea wtf to do UNTIL I WENT AND FOUND OUT MYSELF.

As others have said, it's entirely possible to survive as a newby by doing a little research & putting in a little effort & having a little patience.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

... and yet hundreds have still done it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    EXACTLY.
    First, this is like saying that everyone who made it across the sharp spikes didn't land in the sharp spikes, so the sharp spikes are not a problem. Everyone who found a way to make money and not quit the game now has money and didn't quit the game. >.>

Second, you're right, making money as a new player only requires a bit of knowledge. But AO has one of the steepest learning curves and these new players we're talking about probably don't even know ToTW exists unless someone tells them. How are they going to buy decent nanos, implants, weapons, etc?

The OP may be sort of out there, but this is a very real problem. Remember running to the left?
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    EXACTLY.

Just as a caveat, I remember being able to make OVER 100million by the time I was a level 60 Nanomage MP. That was me starting fresh in AO, totally new to the MMO genre & basically having no idea wtf to do UNTIL I WENT AND FOUND OUT MYSELF.

As others have said, it's entirely possible to survive as a newby by doing a little research & putting in a little effort & having a little patience.
    Do you actually want new players to pick up this game, and stick with it?

The gaming culture has changed. People are not likely to go out and search for ways to make enough credits to afford basic gear.

And no, we're not talking about affording combined armor for your first toon. Without outside knowledge gained from third party websites and other players, a new player cannot afford a full set of QL 30 implants bought from the shop terminal in a basic store. That is the most basic, fundamental gear for any toon. Go try it, you will not have enough money for QL 30 gear by the time you ARE level 30, unless someone charitable gives you the scraps off their table, or someone holds your hand and guides you through making money. Honestly, if it weren't for Gunzfx giving me 250k when I started this game, I would have quit a long time ago.

Hell, Clicksaver doesn't even work anymore unless you dig up a thread on the forums and download new files to make it work! You expect a new player to survive in that kind of gaming envorinment? Bah! If the situation isn't drastically improved, new players will leave as fast as they join, and this game will surely die with the last few die-hard fans AFK in ICC running a dance script, waiting for the servers to shut down.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Wow is unplayable without addons. Default map is ****. Default bars are ****. First thing you do is download cartographer, bartender and healbot if you play a healer. Custom cast bar and frames too as the defaults blow goats... also, Low-level play is frustrating slow and annoying if you don't have a levelling guide open on another monitor. So both of those arguements are invalid as both issues are present in the highest populated mmo ever made...

This is not to mention the fact that the best levelling gear is literally locked to having a sugardaddy main to run instances for points to buy boa crap...
    Last edited by Lazy; Oct 4th, 2012 at 21:10:59.

Wow is unplayable without addons. Low-level play is frustrating slow and annoying if you don't have a levelling guide open on another monitor. So both of those arguements are invalid as both issues are present in the highest populated mmo ever made...
    Would you also call it one of the highest populated games currently?

What about new player retention? Sounds like it is quite low, if it is as you describe.

Let's face it, this new generation of gamers has little to no interest in grindy MMOs.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I think instead of injecting more currency into the game, Level 1 25 50 100 should come with a reward of no drop implants based on the profession, not great imps, not bad ones either. Just enough to act as training wheels. As a noob I started having no clue how important imps are, there should also be crappy hud and utility devices as well. To get new players situated its best to show and provide prime examples of all basic equipment.
    ♚ Hail To The King Baby. ♚

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    I think instead of injecting more currency into the game, Level 1 25 50 100 should come with a reward of no drop implants based on the profession, not great imps, not bad ones either. Just enough to act as training wheels. As a noob I started having no clue how important imps are, there should also be crappy hud and utility devices as well. To get new players situated its best to show and provide prime examples of all basic equipment.
    This is an interesting point. AO is the only game I have played where you do not get a full set of simple, basic equipment during the first few "newbie" levels.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

This is an interesting point. AO is the only game I have played where you do not get a full set of simple, basic equipment during the first few "newbie" levels.
    Soon(tm) with the NPE.
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Would you also call it one of the highest populated games currently?

What about new player retention? Sounds like it is quite low, if it is as you describe.

Let's face it, this new generation of gamers has little to no interest in grindy MMOs.
    with something like 9 million subscribers, one would THINK WoW is the most populated games currently...

with something like 9 million subscribers, one would THINK WoW is the most populated games currently...
    I do believe the largest playerbase of all games is League of Legends. At the very least, over 300,000 people watched the season 2 playoffs yesterday just in English on streaming websites. There was also a stream for all other major languages, but I didn't look at how many those had watching. I don't think WoW has ever come close to anything like that, even in its hayday.

Also, WoW just put out a massive expansion. Before that, they were in a major slump according to some sources.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast