Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Imba low leveling creds

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    sucks for your friend. he should have asked in OOC.
    So you don't actually have any reason to oppose revamping the newbie experience, including the ability to afford basic equipment.

Good to know.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    How are you going to farm a set of ql 30 implants and clusters?
    You do missions, level 30ish or kill mobs level 30ish ... It's sad when experienced players don't know such things but I am here to help even the most clueless veterans.

So you don't actually have any reason to oppose revamping the newbie experience, including the ability to afford basic equipment.
    Basic equipment is affordable or better yet ... farmable, not costing you anything. Frankly, players that can't find basicgear to level simply suck. We have all done it when we started so why is it a problem now? It's not. I used crap gear for a long time ... in fact, I had several 220's in crap gear until I built my network of friends to do stuff with (That's the real source of people failing in this game and it's not one that FC can fix). Gear is simply not a barrier to leveling or playing this game, unless you have completely unreasonable expectations for what you consider 'basic' equipment. Somehow I managed as well as thousands of other players of AO over the last 10 years. You're simply not going to convince any experienced player of this game that it's as hard to gear up to level as you claim it is, otherwise, there wouldn't be as many of us that have done it ourselves.

BTW, I'm quite aware of the thread's theme. Apparently, the OP (who is also rather clueless based on the multitude of ridiculous suggestions they have made), thinks dumping credits on newbies at low levels solves some sort of problem. That's just dumb, just like anyone that thinks it. New players experience needs a revamp? Great, it's happening so you should move on from that position but don't think handholding people for X levels is helping them at all.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 7th, 2012 at 05:21:29.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    Aw, dude, it's Captain Hindsight.
    Actually, Lazy is right on here ... Smart players look to experienced players for information and you know ... stuff that helps them out. If the guy was level 45 in newbie island gear, I think that says more about how he simply doesn't use the resources around him to play the game. It's a friggin MMO ... there ARE people around you playing, talking, running around. It should have been painfully obvious that access to OOC to hundreds of other players might be a good place to ask a question. Why is it so unreasonable that someone who didn't seek out the information so easily available quit at level 45? Good riddance IMO. I don't think it's too much to ask that new players ask questions (or do a google search or look on the forums or join a guild or ... well you get the picture) if they want help or know something. Any new player that runs an MMO like a solo game SHOULD be quitting like that guy ... it's not a game they appear to understand even if they were handed stuff by FC.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 7th, 2012 at 05:07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You do missions, level 30ish or kill mobs level 30ish ... It's sad when experienced players don't know such things but I am here to help even the most clueless veterans.

Basic equipment is affordable or better yet ... farmable, not costing you anything. Frankly, players that can't find basicgear to level simply suck. We have all done it when we started so why is it a problem now? It's not. I used crap gear for a long time ... in fact, I had several 220's in crap gear until I built my network of friends to do stuff with (That's the real source of people failing in this game and it's not one that FC can fix). Gear is simply not a barrier to leveling or playing this game, unless you have completely unreasonable expectations for what you consider 'basic' equipment. Somehow I managed as well as thousands of other players of AO over the last 10 years. You're simply not going to convince any experienced player of this game that it's as hard to gear up to level as you claim it is, otherwise, there wouldn't be as many of us that have done it ourselves.

BTW, I'm quite aware of the thread's theme. Apparently, the OP (who is also rather clueless based on the multitude of ridiculous suggestions they have made), thinks dumping credits on newbies at low levels solves some sort of problem. That's just dumb, just like anyone that thinks it. New players experience needs a revamp? Great, it's happening so you should move on from that position but don't think handholding people for X levels is helping them at all.
    Disclaimer: This post does not contain one reason why this is a bad suggestion. It only contains the anecdotal musings of a bitter veteran who is staunchly opposed to change for nostalgic reasons.

Come back when you have a point. You've lost your touch while I was away.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

It's a friggin MMO ... there ARE people around you playing, talking, running around. It should have been painfully obvious that access to OOC to hundreds of other players might be a good place to ask a question. Why is it so unreasonable that someone who didn't seek out the information so easily available quit at level 45? Good riddance IMO.
    Good attitude.

You may want to go down with the sinking ship, and that's fine, but some of us would like to help this game be successful again. If you think that the current generation of gamers, who's first gaming console was the n64, is going to put up with the grindy, pointless nature of games that we, the NES and before generation, do you are dead wrong.

This game does not have to be arbitrarily complex and grindy for it to be great. If you think either of those aspects makes AO a great game, then you have lost sight of why people have been playing this game for 11+ years.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Actually, Lazy is right on here ... Smart players look to experienced players for information and you know ... stuff that helps them out. If the guy was level 45 in newbie island gear, I think that says more about how he simply doesn't use the resources around him to play the game. It's a friggin MMO ... there ARE people around you playing, talking, running around. It should have been painfully obvious that access to OOC to hundreds of other players might be a good place to ask a question. Why is it so unreasonable that someone who didn't seek out the information so easily available quit at level 45? Good riddance IMO. I don't think it's too much to ask that new players ask questions (or do a google search or look on the forums or join a guild or ... well you get the picture) if they want help or know something. Any new player that runs an MMO like a solo game SHOULD be quitting like that guy ... it's not a game they appear to understand even if they were handed stuff by FC.
    why are you telling me all of that crap, i didnt meantion this guy.^^ beautiful "raging-around-hitting-everything-in your range" mistake by le mighty you.

right now the smart player asks a 220 one for a mill or two. this is how the game is right now. i dont know how many player quit early because of that, but i defintitely know that this kind of money-lack is not a turn-on for new players. so explain me again in detail why dont you want to make it easier for newbies to like the game? why not smack on their way from lvl 1 to 50 maybe 10 mill in their faces through quests or simply giving them basic imps through quests?

btw, if everyone who plays ao like a single player game should quit, then nobody can start from scratch cuz there are no other pple in your range to team up with and lvl or stuff. that might happen once in a while, but mostly you are leveling alone. that applies to froobs, sloobs may find teams a bit faster.

i dont see your point. youre saying newbies CAN suffice with the current money? but it is clear that its absoulutely no fun to do that. dont you agree? why not raise their money income a bit, so they can at least afford crap imps, crap ncus and crap shopweapons.
    Last edited by slythea; Oct 7th, 2012 at 11:02:19.

Disclaimer: This post does not contain one reason why this is a bad suggestion. It only contains the anecdotal musings of a bitter veteran who is staunchly opposed to change for nostalgic reasons.

Come back when you have a point. You've lost your touch while I was away.
    confirmed: players would rather devs divert resources from the new engine to spoonfeed new players with creds and gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    confirmed: players would rather devs divert resources from the new engine to spoonfeed new players with creds and gear
    true they better not do that haha. but for now they could introduce a newbie daily that gives 100k a day or so, that wouldnt be much of work and it would help a lot.

youre saying newbies CAN suffice with the current money? but it is clear that its absoulutely no fun to do that. dont you agree? why not raise their money income a bit, so they can at least afford crap imps, crap ncus and crap shopweapons.
    No, I don't agree with that. The idea that giving them more money fixes their issues really does show you have no clue why it's difficult being a new player. What you want to do is give them a false sense of how this game works. No one is fooled by the rhetoric that new players can't afford the crappiest gear just to give them a chance to level. We have ALL been there, done that and became successful in this game. It can and is done even now. You don't get it. New players need to farm gear, not money.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 7th, 2012 at 14:50:20.

If you think that the current generation of gamers, who's first gaming console was the n64, is going to put up with the grindy, pointless nature of games that we, the NES and before generation, do you are dead wrong.
    You're also dead wrong if you think throwing money around to newbies is going to make this game more appealing to them. I would rather do some cool things to get relevant items than be told that I'm making a million more credits with nothing but junk to buy with them. The whole premise of this thread is completely stupid. Money is not what new players need because it teaches people the primary way to succeed in this game is to buy stuff. That's a completely terrible message to new players.

To top it off, people QQ that stuff is too expensive. Throw money to people because they can't afford gear but then wonder why it's so expensive in the first place.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 7th, 2012 at 14:59:45.

No, I don't agree with that. The idea that giving them more money fixes their issues really does show you have no clue why it's difficult being a new player. What you want to do is give them a false sense of how this game works. No one is fooled by the rhetoric that new players can't afford the crappiest gear just to give them a chance to level. We have ALL been there, done that and became successful in this game. It can and is done even now. You don't get it. New players need to farm gear, not money.

okay but earlier you told me i was dead wrong with my proposal to introduce quests with crap-implant set rewards or crap armor, just to give them a fundament.

you just want to deviate from everyone with your so right opinion. most of the pple playing right now got credits from 220 to start off their journey. and i bet so did you, just a feeling.

I never said you were dead wrong to introduce those quests, ever ... so now you are lying. On the flip side though, those implants are stupid cheap and the real barrier to getting them is simply making newbies aware of them because currently, nothing tells you about them. Furthermore, I didn't get money from anyone when I started the game. I made my first million farming patterns in Nascene and selling them and bought Jobe armor for tier armor. I guess that such a thing would be considered completely unreasonable for new players to do now.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 7th, 2012 at 16:38:49.

You're also dead wrong if you think throwing money around to newbies is going to make this game more appealing to them. I would rather do some cool things to get relevant items than be told that I'm making a million more credits with nothing but junk to buy with them. The whole premise of this thread is completely stupid. Money is not what new players need because it teaches people the primary way to succeed in this game is to buy stuff. That's a completely terrible message to new players.

To top it off, people QQ that stuff is too expensive. Throw money to people because they can't afford gear but then wonder why it's so expensive in the first place.
    There is more than one way to solve the problem.

The last 2 pages haven't had any of those solutions even mentioned.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Frankly, I don't think it's necessary. Those implants are stupid cheap. The barrier is simply making newbies aware of them because currently, nothing tells you about them. Furthermore, I didn't get money from anyone when I started the game. I made my first million farming patterns in Nascene and selling them and bought Jobe armor for tier armor. I guess that such a thing would be considered completely unreasonable for new players to do now.
    No, Implants aren't "stupid cheap" compared to shopfood values at very low levels. Again, I have evidence of that in the thread in my signature.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

There is more than one way to solve the problem.
    Yup and the 'throw money at noobs' way isn't a solution.

aight whatever, ill stop here and rather invest my time into anatomy

No, Implants aren't "stupid cheap" compared to shopfood values at very low levels. Again, I have evidence of that in the thread in my signature.
    True, but that's not the only way to make some credits in this game either. Your just constructing scenarios that favour your position. I have evidence it's not a problem either ... the thousands of players that some how through great adversity, managed to level to the endgame and even somehow figured out how to get full endgame gear. Amazing ay?
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 7th, 2012 at 16:41:45.

one last thing obtena. IF you know which items are "valueable" as shopfood and if you know which ones can sell for a considerable amount of credz to other players. yes, then youre fine.

but not as a new player on rk without knowing anything, when you buy stuff you actually dont need.
    you just cant say every new player knows what to do, yes there are forum threads about that. but that is only if said newbies look them up and dont quit before.

one last thing obtena. IF you know which items are "valueable" as shopfood and if you know which ones can sell for a considerable amount of credz to other players. yes, then youre fine.

but not as a new player on rk without knowing anything, when you buy stuff you actually dont need.
    you just cant say every new player knows what to do, yes there are forum threads about that. but that is only if said newbies look them up and dont quit before.
    Funny ... I was new once and I figured this out pretty quick. I'm suspecting that just maybe, over the last 10 years, a few other people have too with not too much difficulty. Personally, I don't believe anyone needs to be a genius to be able to figure out items that are worth credits when selling to the shop. You're being sensational. You describe exactly what every player of this game faces when they start and making it sound like an insurmountable obstacle when it's not ... at all.

Again ... I'm not saying there shouldn't be something better for newbies to help them out. I'm saying that throwing money at newbies isn't going to suddenly make them aware of how to play the game and be successful. The premise of this thread is downright stupid.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 7th, 2012 at 17:02:37.

and giving them a daily with 100k credits would be too much? inflating and stuff? making them victims of their own laziness? come on dude

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast