Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Adamse!

Funcom employee Welcome Adamse!

Hey guys,

I'd like to welcome Adamse, who is joining the Anarchy Online team as a Senior Artist. He's fresh off of TSW, and has also worked extensively on Age of Conan. Previous to Funcom, he's been at Frictional Games as a Lead Artist on the Penumbra series. He also increases our "Swede Count" +1.

His primary responsibility long term will be upgrading assets for the new engine, but he brings a wealth of experience in other areas as well & is a great addition to the team. I'm sure he has hobbies and stuff, but he can tell you about those.

Try not to troll him too badly.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jul 11th, 2012 at 19:45:35.

Funcom employee

Hi people.
    My name is Anton and Ill be your new environment, 3d artist.
    As Dave already mentioned, im swedish , or "partysvenske" as its called in norweigan

Im looking forward to take this game into the next century and give this good ol pearl the look it deserves.
    I do have hobbies, like slacking, playing games and once in a while do some excercise (happens every 6th month), and off course everything that has to do with cg, traditional art and horror games (The world needs a better class of horror).
    Im happy to be here and I hope Ill be a good piece to this already great team.

Hi Adamse

I imagine the greatest challenge you will be facing, is the removal of the psudo fantasy-pony-riding-hobbits in the wonderful non sci-fi expansion (shadow lands aka the time the entire dev team was hooked on crystalmeth mixed with mescaline) to this great cyberpunk MMO. Please kill the fairies!

Aslo partysvensker go home!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Nice welcome! Looking forward to seeing your work
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Adamse View Post
    Hi people.
    My name is Anton and Ill be your new environment, 3d artist.
    As Dave already mentioned, im swedish , or "partysvenske" as its called in norweigan

Im looking forward to take this game into the next century and give this good ol pearl the look it deserves.
    I do have hobbies, like slacking, playing games and once in a while do some excercise (happens every 6th month), and off course everything that has to do with cg, traditional art and horror games (The world needs a better class of horror).
    Im happy to be here and I hope Ill be a good piece to this already great team.
    Welcome.

I loved the art in the Penumbra games. Very nice atmosphere. Would be interesting to have a "haunted" looking area of RK in the same vein. Something like this with Zix instead of spiders maybe: http://www.penumbragame.com/media/ovescreen1.jpg

Leave anything you did in AoC in AoC. Or shove it in SL with the rest of the crap.

Art wise, I love TSW. Except the animations, leave those there to die a horrible death.

Again, welcome to AO!
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Jul 11th, 2012 at 20:18:33.

Welcome, crafter of shinies!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Yes sir! I mean no sir.. I, uhm.. It won't happen again, sir!
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

challenge accepted.

EDIT: so how long until fc staff outnumbers ao players? :P
    Last edited by Lazy; Jul 11th, 2012 at 20:55:57.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    challenge accepted.

EDIT: so how long until fc staff outnumbers ao players? :P
    You don't have to worry about that. We only hire from the community when they're qualified.

HIYA

i've seen a lot of new mmorg coming out and with newer/shiny graphics. dispite what most people say, i like ths colorful shadowland look....that's where i get most of my screenie shots from..SL back grounds ^_= + my love of Alex Ross flare of posing my toon to "stare up and into space" ^_=

again, hope to see some "froob" influnce artwork too ^_=
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; Aug 18th, 2012 at 01:15:07.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Funcom employee

You don't have to worry about that. We only hire from the community when they're qualified.
    I thought you said no trolling?

Oh, wait, you didn't say anything about trolling players.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    I thought you said no trolling?

Oh, wait, you didn't say anything about trolling players.
    Anarrina gave me permission to troll Lazy

trolls trolling trolls who are in turn trolling other trolls!

it's trolls all the way down!

From Frictional Games?! I do hope this means we may be seeing some spooky encounters in AO soon loved the macabre and abstract feel of the Penumbra trilogy.

Welcome Adamse!

And don't listen to lazy. We're all amazed you've been able to do such good work despite your obvious limitations (i.e being swedish)

Anarrina gave me permission to troll Lazy
    /facepalm
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 11th, 2012 at 21:38:59.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    trolls trolling trolls who are in turn trolling other trolls!
    Its all just Vhab. He sneaked out of the meeting and posts from their computers.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Its all just Vhab. He sneaked out of the meeting and posts from their computers.
    Was it that obvious? :'(
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Adamse View Post
    (The world needs a better class of horror)
    WTB quest that starts with found footage.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast