Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Monthly Development Update: August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yes? Why wouldn't they? Most the modern Lego games have been very succesful.
    Singleplayer? Yes.

MMO? Nope.

Remember LEGO Universe?

Yeah, neither does anyone else.

They should definitely reevaluate the online thing. Noone likes online DRM. Especially since kids' games are always singleplayerish in nature, like the almost comically restrained Pets vs. Monsters.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    It's called GMI.
    Thank you for not reading my quoted text.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Great that we agree. Now bring back the player created missions in the mission booth.

The reward for the mission creator could be freely picked from the current mission drop table.
    The reward for the one taking the mission deducted from the creators account. (Or/And, as it used to be, an item from the creators inventory)

Let's say I would be too lazy to farm a set of ql 200 implants. I'd just create those missions, and put a 1 million reward tag on it.
    Now, I've been around for a long time and I remember hearing something about player crafted missions but I honestly don't rememeber ever being able to make or do one. Were these actuall real at one point and if so, why in the world would you remove them?! That's just insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    Now, I've been around for a long time and I remember hearing something about player crafted missions but I honestly don't rememeber ever being able to make or do one. Were these actuall real at one point and if so, why in the world would you remove them?! That's just insanity.
    Player crafted missions existed at release but went away shortly after but I know they were gone by the time 12.6 (first roll back release) was sent to the live servers. They were simple to make though the exact procedure does elude me as it was part of the original GUI. You provided the cash and reward item and the find item if needed. You gave a description of what it was about and selected the type of mission such as kill person. The game then let you give the mission to some one if I remember correctly. It did not go into the mission pool from the terminal but instead was given out by the players.

I think it went away because it relied on the generosity of the players to give credits and items to make these work. The mechanic was great if missions created could have been uploaded into a mission database and pulled from the normal terminals or something. But sitting for hours making missions and giving them out did not work out so well. No one was willing to do that.

Just like the old "find person missions" actually had the person spawn as a mob on RK and you had to find them. Those sucked because people would kill your mission objective and the mission would be broken. So those changed around 12.2 I think to be a mob inside of a regular mission. Thus today we have the extra mob with weird name standing in the mission.

Bonus FYI: in those early days every mission at QL36 would have Yalms in at least one of the chest as loot. Those were great missions, but FC decided to many Yalms were entering the system and nerfed Yalms from the chest loot tables.

And a question: How many players still here got their first 1K token board from actually doing 1000+ mission back when tokens = 1 at all levels and missions did not give you 100% chance for a token? That was dedication and 1K boards meant something.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    That was dedication and 1K boards meant something.
    I think it entirely possible that the meaning was: GRAAAAAH! I will stab you!
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    And a question: How many players still here got their first 1K token board from actually doing 1000+ mission back when tokens = 1 at all levels and missions did not give you 100% chance for a token? That was dedication and 1K boards meant something.
    Yeah, it meant you had a very high tolerance for drudgery.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Does anyone know if: in the new promotion they have going on about buying a 12 month renewal, there is a list of perks or whatevers that you get with it. It mentions 12 months of gametime. Does that mean its 12 months additional to the 12 months you are purchasing for a total of 24 months? Or not?
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Does anyone know if: in the new promotion they have going on about buying a 12 month renewal, there is a list of perks or whatevers that you get with it. It mentions 12 months of gametime. Does that mean its 12 months additional to the 12 months you are purchasing for a total of 24 months? Or not?
    It's just the 12 months: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show....php?p=6091204

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112