Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you're so cute when you're typing your crack-fueled delusions.
    Must be the ql of the crack. Yours must be really, really and I mean really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Must be the ql of the crack. Yours must be really, really and I mean really bad.
    crack is whack

This is really what we need. More overpowered twinks to farm noobs on the BSs and/or capable of soloing every single playfield in this game. Preferably at level 1.

PS- Dont forget to make the start up area 0% gas and allow people to go back there after they twinked on ql 300 armor and weapons on level 1 toons. Nothing motivates new players to play more the game then being spawncamped endlessly even before starting to play it.

Trust me, Im a doctor.
    lvl locks ruined the game.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    lvl locks ruined the game.
    gasp. artifical limitations in a game about getting the maximum possible out of your character ruined the game? surely not! obviously what ruined the game is twinks doing twinking! i think we should ban twinks for being too good!

gasp. artifical limitations in a game about getting the maximum possible out of your character ruined the game? surely not! obviously what ruined the game is twinks doing twinking! i think we should ban twinks for being too good!
    You're right. Profession locks on equipment also ruined it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

We should keep twinking reserved for the dedicated few that deserve it. Someone whitout a full complement of female buffdogs, tradeskillalts and farmcrats totally deserves to be cannonfooder. I mean, totally...

We should keep twinking reserved for the dedicated few that deserve it. Someone whitout a full complement of female buffdogs, tradeskillalts and farmcrats totally deserves to be cannonfooder. I mean, totally...
    If you don't want to play the game, then don't :|
    The Red Brotherhood

i agree. the system we have now where anyone can twink a toon is too carebear. you should have to buy a twinking permission slip from the cash shop to be allowed to twink.

You're right. Profession locks on equipment also ruined it.
    to an extent. but OTOH do we REALLY want to go back to Caterwaul Online? some locks are fine. some (*cough*s7*cough*) are inane

Caterwaul was just a symptom of poor weaponchoices. Also it was kinda sucky for pvm.
    The Red Brotherhood

i agree. the system we have now where anyone can twink a toon is too carebear. you should have to buy a twinking permission slip from the cash shop to be allowed to twink.

to an extent. but OTOH do we REALLY want to go back to Caterwaul Online? some locks are fine. some (*cough*s7*cough*) are inane
    Must cost at least 107 billions of trillion credits, its so easy to farm credits nowadays that if we make it any cheaper we might have 2 or 3 crappy twinks interfering with our gamewinning at primetime. Very bad for my gaming.

Level locks and profession locks are bad, except the ones we declare as good, after all we are the ones who know best what suits us, right?

Must cost at least 107 billions of trillion credits, its so easy to farm credits nowadays that if we make it any cheaper we might have 2 or 3 crappy twinks interfering with our gamewinning at primetime. Very bad for my gaming.

Level locks and profession locks are bad, except the ones we declare as good, after all we are the ones who know best what suits us, right?
    credits? you mean real dollars, right? so that rich people can wipe the floor with poor people. just like in real life.

level lock all the things!

No, all level locks and all profession locks for weapons and items. Nanos must remain as they are profession specific abilities. Being able to hold a specific item is not.
    The Red Brotherhood

No, all level locks and all profession locks for weapons and items. Nanos must remain as they are profession specific abilities. Being able to hold a specific item is not.
    no man. everyone should be locked into 1 specific weapon from start to finish. and be handed a proflocked armor set that you rightclick to level that you dont have to twink on. so johhny gimpface can compete with established vets straight off noob island. twinking is what killed the game, remember?

Stop it before devs take it seriously :/

credits? you mean real dollars, right? so that rich people can wipe the floor with poor people. just like in real life.

level lock all the things!
    Sorry, you lost me there. What are these dollars and real life you speak about?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    we all know devs never read the forum
    The Red Brotherhood

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    I'm taking notes.
    Lazy has great suggestions!
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

You can start with unlocking symbs to all professions.
    Dragocz RK1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    You can start with unlocking symbs to all professions.
    Shade love...wtb
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

I'd like to point out that twinking for the most part does not require more than a working brain, the ability to do basic math (or to use a calculator), the ability to use a website, the items you want to put on, a few twinking items that can be solo farmed without a huge time investment or storebought (most twinking items are actually pretty easy to get) and some friendly social interaction with other players.

... I guess without the ability to interact with other people one would indeed need tons of alt characters and millions of credits - but this kinda is an mmorpg, not a singleplayer game.

Also, if the requirements I listed mean that it's reserved for only a few people, it's probably time to start worrying about what the playerbase has come to.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast