Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Nanostratege View Post
    I'd like to point out that twinking for the most part does not require more than a working brain, the ability to do basic math (or to use a calculator), the ability to use a website, the items you want to put on, a few twinking items that can be solo farmed without a huge time investment or storebought (most twinking items are actually pretty easy to get) and some friendly social interaction with other players.

... I guess without the ability to interact with other people one would indeed need tons of alt characters and millions of credits - but this kinda is an mmorpg, not a singleplayer game.

Also, if the requirements I listed mean that it's reserved for only a few people, it's probably time to start worrying about what the playerbase has come to.
    You are trolling, or you have no clue of what you are talking about. Getting a few outside buffs, a few pieces of Nova Dillon armor and an imp or 2 isnt really twinking.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    What is missing in my opinion is some gear and nano improvements for late TL5's. At 150 you can already twink on most of the stuff that is not level locked, resulting in awesome twinks that only gets worse as you level since the shadowlevel folks get so much more powerful more quickly resulting in what you're talking about. I would want to solve this by adding new content at this level, there is no dungeon at this level for example, and maybe even removing some level locks to even the odds. The other option is to decrease the pvp level ranges, and it's probably a good idea to look at that formula, but I'm worried it will be equally frustrating to not being able to engage in combat like you used to. There will always be someone bigger and meaner, and it's a really fine line between freedom and chaos.

I enjoy both pvm and pvp, I'm not a great pvper, but fortunately we have one of those on the team so we're covered. (:
    I consider myself primarily a "TL5 pvp'er", wouldn't be suprised if I had over a year of ingame play time on my different TL5 twinks. And if you want my opinion, then;
    The more i think about it. The more I believe that trying to make 150 "the level to be" would be the best option for a long-term healthy TL5 pvp scene.

What must be changed , imo, in order to make is so:
    - Change lvl req on 165 nanos to 150. <- Most important nanos would be Advs 'Leader of the Pack', NTs Double/Triple nukes, and the various weapon skill buffs.
    - Lower the lvl req on all the Alien perks 'Champion of X 9' from 165 to 150. <- The extra dmg these perks get help make many profs viable in TL5 pvp
    - Lower the lvl req to 150 on important perks. <- (Agents 'Concussive Shot' & Traders/Engineers 'Easy Shot' are the most important that i can think of atm)
    - Lower the lvl lock on Sector 7 and its' items from 151 to 150. <- The 'Kyr'Ozch Nano Protection Ring' especially, it's just too good to pass up on if you want to pvp.

This would make pretty much all profs viable for tl5 pvp on lvl 150. (with the exception of shades/keepers maybe, but they have never really been able to compete at this lvl anyway)
    AND they would have alot of content to enjoy, f.ex;
    - Sector 10
    - Sector 7
    - Battle Station pvp
    - Duels
    - Notum Wars
    Etc.

And in Notum Wars there would still be laddering, but the difference is that -a group of 150's would easily be able to compete vs 165 twinks with 207 pockets.
    -Where now, a group of 165's dont even stand the slightest chance vs a 207 twink with pockets.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    I consider myself primarily a "TL5 pvp'er", wouldn't be suprised if I had over a year of ingame play time on my different TL5 twinks. And if you want my opinion, then;
    The more i think about it. The more I believe that trying to make 150 "the level to be" would be the best option for a long-term healthy TL5 pvp scene.

What must be changed , imo, in order to make is so:
    - Change lvl req on 165 nanos to 150. <- Most important nanos would be Advs 'Leader of the Pack', NTs Double/Triple nukes, and the various weapon skill buffs.
    - Lower the lvl req on all the Alien perks 'Champion of X 9' from 165 to 150. <- The extra dmg these perks get help make many profs viable in TL5 pvp
    - Lower the lvl req to 150 on important perks. <- (Agents 'Concussive Shot' & Traders/Engineers 'Easy Shot' are the most important that i can think of atm)
    - Lower the lvl lock on Sector 7 and its' items from 151 to 150. <- The 'Kyr'Ozch Nano Protection Ring' especially, it's just too good to pass up on if you want to pvp.

This would make pretty much all profs viable for tl5 pvp on lvl 150. (with the exception of shades/keepers maybe, but they have never really been able to compete at this lvl anyway)
    AND they would have alot of content to enjoy, f.ex;
    - Sector 10
    - Sector 7
    - Battle Station pvp
    - Duels
    - Notum Wars
    Etc.

And in Notum Wars there would still be laddering, but the difference is that -a group of 150's would easily be able to compete vs 165 twinks with 207 pockets.
    -Where now, a group of 165's dont even stand the slightest chance vs a 207 twink with pockets.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps
    Is a bit overpower your idea
    And shade/kepur can give a suprise at 150 if you know what you do
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    You are trolling, or you have no clue of what you are talking about. Getting a few outside buffs, a few pieces of Nova Dillon armor and an imp or 2 isnt really twinking.
    it's all i needed to twink my endgame fixer. so yes. yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Ahhh, that really explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Ahhh, that really explains a lot.
    get some osb's pop in some 250 buff imps a couple buff items and right click alphas and a 296 eoe. it's REALLY not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by shishu View Post
    Is a bit overpower your idea
    And shade/kepur can give a suprise at 150 if you know what you do
    How is it overpowered?

Suprise yes maybe. But they can't really compete vs other profs if both are twinked to max.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

How is it overpowered?

Suprise yes maybe. But they can't really compete vs other profs if both are twinked to max.

More overpower to trader/adv/agentz and so on we need at that lvl

if your lucky you can beat a MA/Trader and so on(1 to 1)(no chance vs adv or crat if kite me)...give me a* dokkie* doc and i'l show you..

Exclamation

I'm actually a bit dissapointed.

I would like to see more actual progress or testing grounds. For years I've seen things promised and we hardly have seen the real deal, just some screenshots.
    The community is in need of some real footage, the people are walking away from the game.

I gave TSW a shot as well, too bad I ran into the same thing there. 'RPG and missions en of august' which didn't happen, not even an excuse. That made me feel back to AO with the years with the same deal, 'lots said, few done'.

I really hope to see some inside view for the progress on AO. Either a video with the engine in an area that is fairly finished or something like a nice video from the office showing people working on engine bits (in that case Modeling works best).

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There was an excuse... Ragnar wrote I dunno how many words saying that TSW was not the total failure it actually was. Firing over half the development team resulted in delays, but maybe that's not good enough for an excuse?
    Well it shouldn't be something the users should feel, since those pay and should get back from promisses.
    And I was using it mainly out of frustration. I like AO and TSW, but when I got the same delay feeling in TSW as well....
    My problem is stuff with AO has been delayed far too often and the delay in TSW makes it feel it's more an FC problem than 1 specific team. That makes it feel quite bad.
    Last edited by Suicyder; Sep 6th, 2012 at 18:35:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicyder View Post
    I gave TSW a shot as well, too bad I ran into the same thing there. 'RPG and missions en of august' which didn't happen, not even an excuse.
    There was an excuse... Ragnar wrote I dunno how many words saying that TSW was not the total failure it actually was. Firing over half the development team resulted in delays, but maybe that's not good enough for an excuse?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

More overpower to trader/adv/agentz and so on we need at that lvl
    Niether of those profs are really overpowered at lvl 150 tbh.

Advs have quite bad AR and without Champion of Nano Combat+Light Infantry 9, their alpha is kinda weak as well.

Traders wont gain much power from Easy Shot either. Because they'll still have low dmg and low evades/nano resist. The thing that makes traders good at this lvl is their drains, and their aoe roots. What difference does it make if it takes a trader two minutes to kill you instead of two and half?
    Besides, the Easy Shot is there more to make Engineers viable.

Agents are very weak at lvl 150 atm. They got 11s AS. And that's it pretty much. They can get a good amount of Attack Rating or Health. But not really both at the same time. And their Nano Resist is very very bad.

But the main point of the suggested changes, is to move the lvl 165-170 pvp, to lvl 150 instead. Which would put the TL5 twinks out of the 207 twink-killers range, without rendering the 207's completly useless since they'll still be able to support 165-170 twinks.
    We would just have another, much needed, step in the pvp laddering between TL5 twinks and 207 twinks.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Twinking an endgame character isn't really twinking.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Twinking an endgame character isn't really twinking.
    it's the only twinking that matters.

Bit torn about the scaling nanos thing myself, sort of reminds me of wow where you don't even have to go see a trainer anymore, sure nt's have a load of nanos that are more or less the same in dmg but using different schools of resists but part of the charm.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Streamlining the rush to 220.

One bp at start with upgradeable nanos, weapons, symbs, belts and memories. At 220 spend a couple of years farming pearls from grey mobs to buy LR and do the same 2/3 daily missions over and over again for AXP, research, tokens and vp (or buy all that from online shop with RL monies). If you survive the excitment you can then specialize on farming one playfield and farm it for a few more years to sell LR to make credits to be able to buy LR from more advanced playfields. Etc.

This will have several advantages:

Most of the bugged areas of the game can be safely deleted making the stuck command almost obsolete.

The engine will be available much sooner, maybe as soon as 2024, because it will require the redrawing and debugging of only a tiny fraction of assets.

Rebalancing will be a piece of caek, only 2/3 professions at 220 will need to be balanced. All others will be used for Epeen comparison only.

All that needs to be implemented besides this streamlining is a few level 20 hecks at nascence bridge instead of weird looking horsies and doggies.

I don't think that the general population thinks that farming pearls is the only way to make money O.o but I might be wrong
    Ebony Cindersylph Sunset - Gothic Enforcer
    Pain leads to ascension... let me be your guide.

Niether of those profs are really overpowered at lvl 150 tbh.

Advs have quite bad AR and without Champion of Nano Combat+Light Infantry 9, their alpha is kinda weak as well.

Traders wont gain much power from Easy Shot either. Because they'll still have low dmg and low evades/nano resist. The thing that makes traders good at this lvl is their drains, and their aoe roots. What difference does it make if it takes a trader two minutes to kill you instead of two and half?
    Besides, the Easy Shot is there more to make Engineers viable.

Agents are very weak at lvl 150 atm. They got 11s AS. And that's it pretty much. They can get a good amount of Attack Rating or Health. But not really both at the same time. And their Nano Resist is very very bad.

But the main point of the suggested changes, is to move the lvl 165-170 pvp, to lvl 150 instead. Which would put the TL5 twinks out of the 207 twink-killers range, without rendering the 207's completly useless since they'll still be able to support 165-170 twinks.
    We would just have another, much needed, step in the pvp laddering between TL5 twinks and 207 twinks.
    On paper looks OP :
    Easy Shot
    Attack skills Shotgun 100 %
    Defense skills Duck explosives 5 %

Concussive Shot
    Defense skills Dodge ranged 100 % Attack skills Aimed shot 100 %
    Health Projectile -2393 .. -4443
    And agents can make same As
    +they have stil crazy alpha

As for Nt
    Notum Double The target will be hit twice for
    1663 - 2771 point... 165 165 165 1115 Notum Triple The target will be hit three times
    for 1274 - 2156... Whit low nr at that lvl is sick

Imagine a trader in def setup that you cant perk whit 1750 Ar

Quote Originally Posted by Cindersylph View Post
    I don't think that the general population thinks that farming pearls is the only way to make money O.o but I might be wrong
    Hey, someone needs to be there to sell the stuff for creds ;D Stuff which he bought previously for half the price... ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

On paper looks OP :
    Easy Shot
    Attack skills Shotgun 100 %
    Defense skills Duck explosives 5 %

Concussive Shot
    Defense skills Dodge ranged 100 % Attack skills Aimed shot 100 %
    Health Projectile -2393 .. -4443
    And agents can make same As
    +they have stil crazy alpha

As for Nt
    Notum Double The target will be hit twice for
    1663 - 2771 point... 165 165 165 1115 Notum Triple The target will be hit three times
    for 1274 - 2156... Whit low nr at that lvl is sick

Imagine a trader in def setup that you cant perk whit 1750 Ar
    It's easy to land Easy Shot. So what? It wont do any sick amount of dmg. It's just a decent dd perk that would help Engineers be more effective at this lvl. For traders it wont really make a difference, they'll still be squishy targets who only truly shines in 1v1 combat where they can drain their opponent.

Agents don't have a great alpha at lvl 150. Not even close. Their dmg is actually quite bad, other than the 11s Aimed Shots they don't have much going for them. A 170 agent has a nice alpha though, but they got Pinpoint Strike aswell.

Every 5 seconds they'd be able to do ~1.6k dmg. It'd be good. But I wouldn't go so far as saying it's OP tbh. If they're only nuking they can't cast blinds/roots/layers etc.
    And about the NR, guess why I said they needed to change the lvl req on the s7 ring? Then 150's would only have about ~100 less NR than 165's. But at the same time, they'd also have ~100 less in weapon and nanoskills. So I don't really see a problem?
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

I was starting to get excited reading about the PVP experiences, how Lindelu likes the old PVP system, and then I get to the end...

PVP is not a priority at this time.

So much for that lol.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast