Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    where you can achieve significant twinking only if you get some stuff that is very rare, expensive or possible to acquire only with much higher level toons For example high ql platinum rings, polychromatic pillows or the newly introduced Docaholic treatment rings. And lets not speak of what can be twinked on and how much it costs. High ql alien weapons are easy to acquire compared with most of the really good stuff that is almost impossible to come by for some professions and needs to be farmed with much higher toons. Nippy stilletos come to mind as a good example.
    Could you tell me what you consider to be "significant twinking"?

Oh and now that aipfs are instanced the polychromatic pillow is really not that difficult to come by.

Also I'm sorry. But Nippy stilletos are not an item that's really getting twinked on, the hardest part of it is getting it and then it's almost equiped. ('cause it has a tl4 lock with low reqs)

And getting a 220 char up and running to be able to farm stuff for lower levels is really not taking much time anymore, what with dailies and all.

But most importantly - my argument was based around this claim to be false:

We should keep twinking reserved for the dedicated few that deserve it. Someone whitout a full complement of female buffdogs, tradeskillalts and farmcrats totally deserves to be cannonfooder. I mean, totally...
    which you just more or less agreed with, with that:

I see why twinking to you seems easy. Twinking at lower levels is a completly different game.
    (implying that tl5/tl6/tl7 twinking is easy. Which is large margin of the game. And considering the amount of claims I hear about how broken tl1-3 pvp is (traders) I'm going to doubt the usefulness of having a twink in that range. Also don't start claiming for pvm, because there simply imp laddering and other basic stuff can get you more than far enough to solo pretty much everything)
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    but the top two immediate priorities (and this is reaffirmed constantly on the forums) are the Engine Upgrade
    your top priority have taken what? 5 years? i guess the rest of the game is screwed then....
    Luckystriker 220/70/30 Solitus Soldier
    Luckyscrat 220/70/30Atrox Crat
    Sliced
    220/6x/2x Atrox Shade

Member of New Order

Quote Originally Posted by Nanostratege View Post
    Could you tell me what you consider to be "significant twinking"?

Oh and now that aipfs are instanced the polychromatic pillow is really not that difficult to come by.

Also I'm sorry. But Nippy stilletos are not an item that's really getting twinked on, the hardest part of it is getting it and then it's almost equiped. ('cause it has a tl4 lock with low reqs)

And getting a 220 char up and running to be able to farm stuff for lower levels is really not taking much time anymore, what with dailies and all.

(implying that tl5/tl6/tl7 twinking is easy. Which is large margin of the game. And considering the amount of claims I hear about how broken tl1-3 pvp is (traders) I'm going to doubt the usefulness of having a twink in that range. Also don't start claiming for pvm, because there simply imp laddering and other basic stuff can get you more than far enough to solo pretty much everything)
    I explain, very simple, OK? Ok.

1-It's not about the process of twinking being difficult or complicated.
    2-It is about the possibility of acquiring twinking items and good gear to make a twink.
    3-There are some twinking items that are easy to acquire at any level, twinking can be done with them. However such twink will usually suck badly compared to toons twinked better.
    4-There are other items that are difficult or IMPOSSIBLE to acquire with a toon that can use that twinking item. Polychromatic pillows are not hard to acquire, they are impossible to acquire with any toon that has a use for them.
    5-Nippy stilletos are a perfect example of an elitist item, they are not difficult to equip if you have an endgame toon to farm them. They are impossible to equip if you dont.
    6-Mid to endgame twinking becomes more affordble because the difference between twinked and untwinked toons is not as big. However even here the difference is still big and the possibilities of acquiring good gear is still very dependant on having endgame toons for farming credits and gear.
    7-Getting an endgame toon up and running still takes a lot of time and it will suck horribly all the way if you rush it to endgame. An exellent reason for most new players to quit the game early. Most people are not discouraged with grinding and farming to get stuff, they are discouraged with a lack of result for their efforts. Specially when they see everybody around them having it easy.
    8-Both PvP and PvM at lower levels require a lot of twinking to make a good twink, much more then at higher levels. Even if lower level PvP is Traderchy Online it still requires extensive twinking to make an Iwin toon. And the ToTW bosses dont die with a bit of imp laddering. They require twinks equipped with items farmed in instances that are not available to those toons.
    9-I am now tired of pointing out the obvious. You will excuse me but you will have to troll somebody else from now on. Have a good day.

8- And the ToTW bosses dont die with a bit of imp laddering. They require twinks equipped with items farmed in instances that are not available to those toons..
    calling bull**** on this. my 56 medsuit mp can kill totw trio selfbuffed wearing ql 125 imps which can be rightclicked in with a perk reset and OSB's. no armor. rightclicked imps and shopbuyable nanos and ncus and belt.

EDIT:

and how is everything you've mentioned different from requiring highlevel enchants in WoW for 19 bg's? or even BoA gear. hell BoA gear REQUIRES you to have a highlevel main and do endgame raids to get the points needed to buy the gear for your levelling alts.

or hell. go try doing pvp in wow on a lowbie with gear available to you to farm. yoou'll get rolled every time by better equipped players with sugardaddy mains. that's just how it works. if you want to compete make an endgame toon and farm all your crap. it's like this in EVERY mmo, not just AO.
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 9th, 2012 at 01:01:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    calling bull**** on this. my 56 medsuit mp can kill totw trio selfbuffed wearing ql 125 imps which can be rightclicked in with a perk reset and OSB's. no armor. rightclicked imps and shopbuyable nanos and ncus and belt.
    Wow, you pick the most self sufficient profession to try to make yourself seem right.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Sep 9th, 2012 at 01:34:12.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

1-It's not about the process of twinking being difficult or complicated.
    2-It is about the possibility of acquiring twinking items and good gear to make a twink.
    I'm sorry, but my argument was about twinking. Not about farming and I think I did say so multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanostratege View Post
    the items you want to put on
    jup there it is. Here I admitted that one does need to have the items one wants to equip. But that's not twinking as it's usually understood. Even if this were right-click online that part would still hold true.

If you are on a crusade against needing a higher char to get you the items to equip, as seems to be the case, then please next time just say that you want the stuff to be easier to farm.

Also, this:

similiar holds true for engis, wouldn't surprise me if traders could also do that and perhaps crats. Oh and agents of course.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Wow, you pick the most self sufficient profession to try to make yourself seem right.
    no i pick the profession i did it with and thus have experience with to illustrate the point that it can be done with exactly 0 twinking.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post

The old title level system was a large part of the fun for me, as you learned to fear certain people and it was just really satisfying to win to those who had a better title than I had, and to finally get that Novice title. The Glyph of Archana, and the concept of lootable objects is also something that I enjoyed in PvP, but I can understand how it’s not for everyone.
    Well, it (the old title-system) ended up discouraging pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    We have initiated discussions with several of you, to hear your suggestions and hear about what you enjoy about PvP!
    You have to look at the customs of the pvp-geeks in the game.

They hang outside BY's so you have to learn the geometry/physical world and understand how it is appealing like that. A sniper would probably initiate attacks from above/on heights from a distance while an enforcer or a soldier would probably be on the ground.

Tarasque is also a pvp-encounter that is very popular.

The changes to BS where you, imo, removed too much of the spiralstairs, made invisible walls so we couldn't get on the pumps for tactical advantage, locked the areas behind the teleporters have contributed to making the pvp-encounters worse.

I believe those changes were whined through (to what imo is semi-incompetent staff, no offense) via novice players that doesn't really have any intrest (or experience and skill) in pvp whatsoever. So basicly, bs became like a big duel-room and just enhanced what was a pressing issue pre-change.

How do you think shortening the pvp-session from 15mins to 5mins impacts us?

Also note that the pvp-experience is not just the fighting. Just being open to attack in an area with charracters from the other side is exiting in itself and there is several professions, thus several ways to fight.

Something I really like about the pvp tho is the predjudice from the players. Even if you are friends the pvp-players from the opposing side will do anything they can (this is war and a political conflict so don't judge the players who are enthusiastic about pvp) to take you down if you are open to attack in a "pvp-area". Be it 5vs1, a sneak-attack (the move, not the special-attack) or some subterfuge-attacks.

As for ganking; Whompa-wars started with some dude ganking pvm-ers zoning into a pvp-zone to Foremans, and then someone logged their main or alerted their friends and then shortly thereafter the pvp-players had moved there. Pvp-geeks who logged in went to the whompa-route to check for 'content'.

So think about that while realising that the notum-miner area was epic fail.

The players are ALWAYS right.

Hope for a more constructive and positive developement in pvp

Maybe you should put the new medication in bs-shop and make BS-meds usable globaly.

PS
    Adding rods and stuff to bs-shop might also help new players.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

AO should be a more cohesive gaming-experience.

I see why twinking to you seems easy. Twinking at lower levels is a completly different game where you can achieve significant twinking only if you get some stuff that is very rare, expensive or possible to acquire only with much higher level toons.
    This is yet another developer-fail. It's FC's fault. After several expansions the game, for the new player, has become several seperate grinds they have to do alone.

For example: The RK-mission terminals gives access to quite a bit of items...the profession-repetoir etc. The only problem is that there is no-one who does it anymore (since the game evolves) so the items are not produced into the gameworld anymore.

Solution would be to convert lootables and ensure players produce loot when they get XP.

Many players wants to play their profession and twink. No items produced = no profession-defining repetoir and no means for charracter-customation. <<<Sad player.

Many <3 AO for the complex charracter-customation and advanced game-mechanis.

And the cyberpunk-feel of course!

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    This is yet another developer-fail. It's FC's fault. After several expansions the game, for the new player, has become several seperate grinds they have to do alone. AO should be a more cohesive gaming-experience.

For example: The RK-mission terminals gives access to quite a bit of items...the profession-repetoir etc. The only problem is that there is no-one who does it anymore (since the game evolves) so the items are not produced into the gameworld anymore.

Solution would be to convert lootables and ensure players produce loot when they get XP.

Many players wants to play their profession and twink. No items produced = no profession-defining repetoir and no means for charracter-customation. <<<Sad player.

Many <3 AO for the complex charracter-customation and advanced game-mechanis.

And the cyberpunk-feel of course!
    rk missions are homo and i'll unsubscribe from the game before i do another one.

rk missions are homo and i'll unsubscribe from the game before i do another one.
    I am sure many players, NOTABLY, feels the same. The thing I point out tho is that Complete Healing for example, or other nanos/items are not homo. It's very desired stuffz.

It's just that in order to get a repetoir and means for charracter-customation they have to (most the times by themselfs) endure a ton of those rk-mission from 01 just to be able to have a adequate charracter or to actually play their profession since the items = the profession.

Thats why I think making AO a more cohesive experience and converting loottables would be a good idea.
    For example limit the current ways of getting xp a little while creating new team-content/missions with new bossfights and a mix of old and new loot.

No loot, no fun.

It's also difficult for players to get pandestuff since many e-leet players who can just circumvents monsters and camp the bosses (for alts or something) alone dual-logged or with a friend or two.

That results in less players to do it with. How to fix it is another issue. I'd say make it give resarch/xp + tripplespawn zods azzy-style and make killing them spawn the portal-mobs. =)
    Last edited by leetlover; Sep 9th, 2012 at 09:53:40.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    I am sure many players, NOTABLY, feels the same. The thing I point out tho is that Complete Healing for example, or other nanos/items are not homo. It's very desired stuffz.
    so put them in a shop like SL nanos.

so put them in a shop like SL nanos.
    Or the team can ensure the production as players play the game.

While we are trying for balance, etc. among professions ...

Lets make it so Neutrals have the same access to token boards, armor, etc. as Omni and Clan.

We are expected to defend our towers against Omni or Clan and the Neutrals that heal them while attacking our Neutral towers.

We Neutrals should be able to wear the same equipment, token boards, etc. as our attackers have access to.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Lets make it so Neutrals have the same access to token boards, armor, etc. as Omni and Clan.

We are expected to defend our towers against Omni or Clan and the Neutrals that heal them while attacking our Neutral towers.

We Neutrals should be able to wear the same equipment, token boards, etc. as our attackers have access to.

Kinnik
    neutral isn't a real faction, and as such shouldn't have the same benefits a real faction has.

sources:

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...95&postcount=6

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...49&postcount=8

and of course i'll quote myself from the last time this was brought up http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...44&postcount=7
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 9th, 2012 at 21:08:43.

neutral isn't a real faction, and as such shouldn't have the same benefits a real faction has.
    Why dwell in the past? ... with "balancing" comes change ....

Besides the towers we hold are 'real' our defenders should be allowed to be 'real' too.

Kinnik

Kinnik
    Why dwell in the past? ... with "balancing" comes change ....

Besides the towers we hold are 'real' our defenders should be allowed to be 'real' too.

Kinnik
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neutral?s=t

Wow! Now we are going to the dictionary are we?

AO and notum wars have had neutrals holding towers since the beginning ... and I don't think the dictionary was any different then.

Kinnik

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Only because I'm certain you don't know the definition of "neutral"
    Really ... you think I don't the definition?
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Sep 10th, 2012 at 18:41:30.

Wow! Now we are going to the dictionary are we?
    Only because I'm certain you don't know the definition of "neutral"

Neutrals aren't a faction, they're a collection of everyone who is not Omni or Clan, and as such can be any number of different factions, but there is no common bond in the neutral camp. Clan have the liberation of RK, end of slavery etc., Omni have the corporate policy, continued employment and profit. Neutrals? Any number of causes can fit here, but the only thing in common is that each neutral organisation stands alone, except for whatever supporters it manages to find.
    Ebony Cindersylph Sunset - Gothic Enforcer
    Pain leads to ascension... let me be your guide.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast