Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Deemure View Post
    Wow, perhaps we should go back to the original concept. You know the one where omni had all the cool equipment and weapons and clan didn't. Cause every time you chose to log in a clan toon you were deciding to go with a faction that did not have such items.

Over the years, largely as a result of a whole lot of comments on the forums, clanner received equipment comperable to what was available to omni. Guess that was ok, but neutrals should not have such.

The mind boggles. personally would like to see them take the sided identifier off all items, including token boards, etc. Who cares if you earned them as clan or omni or neutral. Otherwise it is nothing more a version of well I got mine, but you --- well you can't have any because we need some less well equipped people we can easily kill.

Not particularly funny in real life, but downright hysterical in pictal worlds.
    everyone knows neut is rp faction. if you wanna pvp join a real faction

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I know you can't get a flag for healing an un-flagged toon ... that is my point! Byste's doctor didn't get flagged even though she was healing a clan tower attacker ... she should have been flagged for this activity. Just because FC did not think of this scenario when they changed

The point of my posts was that this was a "loop-hole" in the new/recently changed pvp rules and that your doctor should have been flagged so that the 'same side' rule would be over-ridden.

Kinnik
    once again. learn about how flag mechanics work before talking about flag pvp. it's been like that for years. you'd think someone with a 2003 forum joindate would have figured it out by now...

in fact funcom DID think of this situation when they made heals on flagged toons flag the healer. that patch made it MUCH easier to kill pocket healers, but apparently you're too thick to figure out how to do it.
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 10th, 2012 at 19:27:19.

Arguments about twinking, neutrals, and faction pvp are off topic and should probably move elsewhere to be discussed. Preferably before I get home from work and have to move it myself.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

they started it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you'd think someone with a 2003 forum joindate would have figured it out by now...

in fact funcom DID think of this situation when they made heals on flagged toons flag the healer. that patch made it MUCH easier to kill pocket healers, but apparently you're too thick to figure out how to do it.
    Sorry Lazy, the PvP rules just changed in June about how "pocket doc's" get flagged ... we are all new to the changes ... in fact to the point FC is still fixing all the unintended impacts of the new flagging rules. The balance of the fixes are coming with the 18.5.2 patch on TL now.

So I guess you are saying "pocket doc's" used in a tower battle are OK, just not in battlestations or Borealis? Or, are you saying they are still "broken" when used in tower battles and you happen to know how to get around the "problem"?

We neutral PvM players don't always find the "work-arounds" for code changes that are only a couple months old as fast as you sided PvP'rs do.

--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Arguments about twinking, neutrals, and faction pvp are off topic and should probably move elsewhere to be discussed. Preferably before I get home from work and have to move it myself.
    Sorry Anarrina,

I thought since Lindelu's OP talked about balancing and PvP it was Ok to bring up balancing with respect to between the factions in PvP situations. It must have been someone else that got the thread on to the subject of twinking ...

Kinnik

Sorry Lazy, the PvP rules just changed in June about how "pocket doc's" get flagged ... we are all new to the changes ... in fact to the point FC is still fixing all the unintended impacts of the new flagging rules. The balance of the fixes are coming with the 18.5.2 patch on TL now.

So I guess you are saying "pocket doc's" used in a tower battle are OK, just not in battlestations or Borealis? Or, are you saying they are still "broken" when used in tower battles and you happen to know how to get around the "problem"?
    alright. let me explain this to you nice and slow

when someone enters 25% gas tehy don't get a flag. as a result anyone healing them isn't flagged either as a result of THAT you can't attack the pocket unless you're a different faction

HOWEVER if you yourself bring a flag to the tower war, when the person getting pocketed attacks you they get a flag. their pocket gets a flag as soon as they heal him and then you can kill the pocket.

it has worked this way for a LOOONG time. the difference was before the flag change the pocket neut wouldn't get flagged from healing and could keep healing without fear of death. so this flag change made dealing with neut pockets in tower wars vs neuts easier.

in battlestations there's no pocekets because everyone is attackable and in bor in order to fight you MUST have a flag and therefore pocketing is also nullified.

nothinh is broken and everything is working as intended.

as i stated earlier. if you want to pvp you should first learn the mechanics before you complain that sometheing's broken.

any questions?

how about posting that on game mechanics and ask for a sticky?
    then it would be easy to point and and find without need to go through every "silly idea for collector" and "AR vs crit" -thread.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

There are many good things about AO pvp like there are many bad things about it, as certainly the aspect of limiting yourself to one thing all day every day is stupid as one can’t log on every day to kill aune or spam every channel known to man looking for duels 20 hours. Or can he? Apparently the freedom to log and do with your online time whatever the hell the mood strikes you to today be it pvp ,pvm ,looking at the screen cause u damn well please to is still “the great question”.
    I am recently watching this forum a lot as I am catching a lot of things which I don’t like, mostly the attitude flying around. It seems that even the usually “nerd rage love is in the air” is turning into open hostility over anyone who says something which somebody else doesn’t like because” it’s too nubbish” as ao is a game of pro veterans and he’s let at their mercy as if he’s the village fool or something.
    When in a thread started by the GAME DIRECTOR I see comments like “learn to play before posting got any questions”, sorry but I take offense. No matter how naïve or silly a player can be, unless he is hostile in which case remove his thread without saying, I fail to see how this means he/she must be left to the ridicule of others in a thread which the GAME DIRECTOR tells people to join in and tell him what they like in /general experience with pvp. Unless ofc not being 100% aware of everything is bad and wanting to share with others what you think happened is a crime against mankind and we gonna put you in the stocks. It seems the GAME DIRECTOR who wants to hear from players can’t be hassled with typing dear player the game mechanics you referring to don’t work as you think happened and i redirect you to this link/section on how tower mechanisms work before ANY thread aimed at hearing people out, and who knows pretend we care about helping them maybe learn something as opposed to telling them to look it up, must evolve into the usual “flame the nab who bothered us today” routine and give to outside people the wonderful image of “wth is wrong with these cannibals in that game”.
    I am sure that the GAME DIRECTOR made a…unfortunate statement using the term “griefing jerks” followed by a long romantic notion of chasing “the rude nabs who dared attack our land”, because somehow “in my trained ears” that sounds that soon complaining about having to defend 22 burst for 15 days straight against some guy who has meeped 300 times from your site will be responded by the GM by a “sftu nab” if it will be answered at all.
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by kindabored View Post
    I see comments like “learn to play before posting got any questions”, sorry but I take offense.
    and i take offense when someone who is willfully ignorant of a core mechanic that has stayed the same since the dawn of tiime is complaining that it is bugged because he doesn't know how it works instead of asking for help in the appropriate section of the forums. or better yet accusing someone that DOES understand how these mechanics work a sploiter.

GAME DIRECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    how about posting that on game mechanics and ask for a sticky?
    then it would be easy to point and and find without need to go through every "silly idea for collector" and "AR vs crit" -thread.
    making an in depth guide on flag and pvp mechanics takes time and effort and i'd rather not do it than half-ass it.
    Last edited by Lazy; Sep 10th, 2012 at 23:38:16.

I know you can't get a flag for healing an un-flagged toon ... that is my point! Byste's doctor didn't get flagged even though she was healing a clan tower attacker ... she should have been flagged for this activity. Just because FC did not think of this scenario when they changed the pvp rules does not mean it is correct.

I did ask my orgmates ... my neutral orgmates could not attack your doctor. From what I could see and was told, only the omni friends that came to help us could hit your doctor.

I am not sure how a defender can be expected to tell when she was teamed or not ... she should have been flagged and wasn't.

I am aware that "technically" she was an ally and that your enforcer wasn't flagged for attacking because you have towers so attacking other towers doesn't flag you. That does not make the activity "correct".

The point of my posts was that this was a "loop-hole" in the new/recently changed pvp rules and that your doctor should have been flagged so that the 'same side' rule would be over-ridden.

Kinnik
    You are wrong. There was no loophole. I'm getting tired of repeating myself. Neutrals attacked and killed the doctor... When it was actually teamed. If my doctor wasn't teamed with the clans, then you couldn't hurt the doctor (and the doctor couldn't heal the clans). But omni could still attack the neut doc, of course, and so could clans (which ironically happened).

Your "friends" that are saying they couldn't attack me are lying, since it died several times from neutrals. Joams, Formol, and some other toons I can't recall off the top of my head all killed the doctor. Stop complaining about glitches that don't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    HOWEVER if you yourself bring a flag to the tower war, when the person getting pocketed attacks you they get a flag. their pocket gets a flag as soon as they heal him and then you can kill the pocket.?
    The funny thing is, my doctor wasn't even pocketing. It really could be attacked outright if it was in the clan team. If it wasn't in the clan team, it couldn't pocket heal; I'm not sure exactly why this is because I know people have accidentally healed enemies all the time, but it wasn't letting me (as I discovered on accident when the team got broken up from relogging).
    Last edited by Byste; Sep 10th, 2012 at 23:53:23.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Everyone shut up! You sound like children.

Quote Originally Posted by mishikato View Post
    Everyone shut up! You sound like children.
    no u

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    In addition to this, we will be able to remove nano formulas from the game, meaning we can finally rid ourselves of redundancy nano formulas that just take up space and cost creds without giving you much of a gain. The NT nukes line is the best example I can think of, where you have literally more than 100 nukes to chose from. Instead we can scale the power of the ones we keep based on your skill, giving you the same functionality as you have now but with way less nanos you need to buy and keep track of! We feel this will go a long way for any new player that wants to get into the game and enjoy it! Plus, hoping to reduce the huge time sink that setting up your character hotbars currently is.
    I need clarification:
    Does this mean
    1. "We just noticed that NTs who attempted to twink like weapons users will gain nothing due to level locks, and become completely unable to cast anything when the buffs wear off--even if they're just one point short somewhere, and we're trying to fix that",
    2. "We notice there are a bunch of legacy nanos without the spiral lightning particles, and we've decided to eliminate everything that doesn't conform to the standard", or
    3. "Ignore what the class description says about having incomparable types of damage available, AC holes are never coming back, so we're dumbing down the nano list to match dumbed-down combat/twinking mechanics."
    Last edited by Keldros; Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:46:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    You need PVP Stuff? PVP sucks in AO... One Thing that could be Patched out with the Tower Fields that the most People has no interessed on these

Give us a new PVM Playfield like the new WOW Add on... With a lot of Quests, Dungeons, Leveloptions... :P
    .. and PANDAS!!1
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    .. and PANDAS!!1
    We already have those. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=277386
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

this can be RK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNfKrmUzuG4

i wish me a little updating of the existing engine before we get the housmade engine. (or not)
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    this can be RK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNfKrmUzuG4

i wish me a little updating of the existing engine before we get the housmade engine. (or not)
    If you like that sort of thing, google for 'infinity engine'.
    It's actually a lot more impressive than that little demo
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

if i remember right is that we have atm Ogre engine in AO
    and i talk about how it can be look with our existing engine with a few free open source updates
    into this 6 or 7 years of waiting and reading "SOON (TM)" and still stuck into them.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

No it's not.
    Iirc they had a plan to move to Ogre a few years back before they decided to go with the Dreamworld engine.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Funcom employee

and i talk about how it can be look with our existing engine with a few free open source updates
    into this 6 or 7 years of waiting and reading "SOON (TM)" and still stuck into them.
    We're using Cheetah for the new engine, which is the graphical portion of the new dreamworld engine used by TSW and AoC.
    Ogre3D is lacking very important features to make the port work performance wise.
    The old engine is called 'Randy'.

To be honest, that video you showed doesn't look very good.
    It's a tech demo of a certain terrain generation and rendering algorithm.
    Last edited by Vhab; Sep 11th, 2012 at 17:31:27.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Can't you just say the new engine is out, and that's the end of it ? people seem to think we have that old new engine already
    Ebony Cindersylph Sunset - Gothic Enforcer
    Pain leads to ascension... let me be your guide.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast