Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Small Item Shop Update

Garden keys:

I assume there will be limitations, i.e requirement for you to be lvl 195 to buy the inferno key so that it's actually equippable when you buy it. Couldn't care less if some of the keys gets added to shop. Question, will the Sanctuary keys also be added in shop ?

Combat buffcans:

No, simply no.. Barely enough people raiding places regularly to produce some loot so I would appreciate you admitting you made a mistake and remove them from this intended item shop update.
    p2win is bad :<
    Last edited by Kuyt; Sep 7th, 2012 at 01:21:50.
    NO U

Keys bad M'kay; If heck nubs are a nuisance, what will happen when (well if...) we get the mythical 'population boost' from the engine, swarms of kiddo running around with bought keys who never did a scrap of content?

Fixer grid nano thingie; Dare say you need to check for gas leaks in the office!?!?! Take the unique power from AO's iconic prof, and hand it out for a few filthy lucre! The mind boggles...

More neat stuffs, less crystal meth at work please.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

The only ones I don't want to see the light of day are the garden keys, grid nano, and combat cans.

Rest is fine.

Edit: Also, please please pleaaaaaase put in neutral side changes.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Sep 7th, 2012 at 02:29:29.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Most of my paid characters are neutral (rk2). There has always been threads on providing this change and I think that there would be a good demand for clan/omni resignation forms ("I am done with your stinking conflict!!"). They would sell.
    You would have to reset all factions I presume so that the new neutral has to rebuild GoShadow faction?
    Forgetmenot - TL3 Agent, RK2
    Future FrOOb buff slave.

Kinda sad to see AO going (more) this way also, but I guess it's just the reality in the industry atm. Anyway, my comments for the individual items:

- Breed Change: Ok only if theres other way(s) of doing that also (credits, vet shop), especially when the balance changes hit (should be free one time after that). Otherwise it feels like being forced to change (and pay) due to heavy changes FC (the shop owner) does.

- SL Garden keys: Ok as long as level locks to equip are also used on buying, ie can't skip progression quests on lowbies as Lazy and others pointed. Takes away income from key pb sellers though (no, won't affect me personally).

- Heckler juice: Ok, the type of items I'd rather see there more.

- Combat buffcans: Reading the replies I assume this means LoX and DB buffs? If that's really the case then yes, it really feels wrong and literally buying power. Demoder also had excellent point (taking away the motivation to do the raids in first place). If it's just a package of Behe/rrfe/mochs then no big deal, time saver which I'm okay with.

- Gender change: Nice cosmetic feature, perfectly fine with this. Add a face change there as well if not available (in shop that is) already.

- Grid nanoprogram: Umm what? Everyone getting permanent fixer grid but only if they pay? This sounds too much like buying power again. Again something to get from vet shop/cash if it has to be there, would rather not be available at all (but continue with one-time-use grids).

- Recall beacon: Kinda takes away from vets, but can live with that. The teleport-to-save needs to share cooldown with the other two though.

- Side change: Will this allow 220s to swap? If so rather heavy game changer and again only with cash. If it's for 1-200s only no probs, though should come with short lock (similar to existing means).

- Twinking buffcans: Also perfectly fine imho, as long as it's regular buffs only, not stuff like Gauntlet buff.

- Token board: I didnt understand the description, it's included but only found in-game?

- - - -

I realise and understand the financial situation, but the (suggested) items do start to look very bad regarding game balance/fairness. The "we absolutely will not ever sell power for money" is fading away more and more. I'd also like to remind that paying subscribers are already paying monthly - many, if not almost all, of these new items are clearly aimed at them. This is rather different from some other item-shop games (GW2, SWTOR soon), where at least the core audience is the free players. Or the subscribers are given additional means of getting the stuff (equivalent to veteran shop, which could serve the same purpose here).

Welp, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. But I do care very much about this silly ol' game so I'd like to throw my oar in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    We are extremely sensitive to “pay-to-win” situations which are always a danger with any item shop in any online game, and we simply won’t cross that line. I can’t overstate this enough.
    I personally feel that line has already been crossed with AO, so from my point of view it's down to damage limitation.

Principally, I feel that anything that is available in the Item Shop must also be available to earn In Game by some method (lot of creds, obscure or time-limited mob, missions, quest chain etc etc). That way £££ = convenience, not straight-up advantage. With this in mind:-

Breed Change - There will be a precedent for this and as long as it can be obtained In Game as well then I suppose it's fine. (Please ensure the rebalance allows all breeds to be equally viable, if very different to play, so that Atrox Online doesn't become literal.)

Garden Keys - my first reaction when I saw this was because I saw the level 1 in Inferno scenario and the loss of the remaining Inf Key group runs/PBs to sell/buy group gameplay. Not sure how to ease the latter concern. The former concern is doable by forcing the character to make it to the Garden first to then be able to buy the key.

Heckler Juice - OK, I smirked when I saw that. It's just XP coils all over again. Still would like to see the NODROP versions spring up In Game now and then as well.

Combat Buffcans - Ugh. My first thought was 'welp, there goes the last few teams of people wanting to run the DBs etc as a chance for non-finished characters to get their phatz'. Then 'and now they will be mandatory for any form of PvP at all'. I think this one is a very bad idea.

Gender Change - It's mostly cosmetic anyway so hey, as long as you can do it In Game too then sure.

Grid Nanoprogram - That's another kick in the face for Fixers. Please, no.

Recall Beacon - as long as they're the same item as the Veteran versions, then fine. That means adding an Insurance Recall one into the Veteran Booth too.

Side Change - I take it the item shop version is vastly superior to the In Game version with the faction reset part? If so, I really don't like that part. Also Neutral side change forms please (and In Game too; I know I keep repeating this part but to me it's extremely important).

Twinking Buffcans - I've always disliked these and I'm not going to start liking them any time soon. I get that with hardly anyone around to get real buffs from, they fill in so as not to cause twinking to grind to a halt. I just wish things weren't at that point.

Token Board - Not an Item Shop thing but I have to say, when I saw them mentioned a while back, my instant reaction was 'what the hell do we even need those for?' I see now that they're pure carrots for froobs. Not sure how successful they're going to be on that front unless they offer a huge advantage. In which case, game balance ouch? Are the additional stats aimed at Shadowlands adventures?

Anyway, that's my tl;dr.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I'm confused with the selling of the gridnano, why not sell a warp program, or item instead, like the beacon warps from the veteran store?

About the garden keys, I'd like if these were item-store only keys that lack the bonus that you get from the real keys; treatment and such. That would be more OK.
    Ebony Cindersylph Sunset - Gothic Enforcer
    Pain leads to ascension... let me be your guide.

Just don't give the grid nano program a insta cast - Because that'd totally ruin PvP.

Anything is very nice, I could care less about Garden keys. If you lvl a toon, you'd want as much XP as possible, therefor you do the garden quest. If you're creating a twink or want your toon to get to that goal as fast as possible, you will probably buy the garden key.

And for the record, people are extremely over exaggerating - I doubt even 5% of the population will ever buy garden keys. So this won't impact much at all. Also, New players won't buy that either, hence they actually want to LEARN the game and UNDERSTAND the game before they buy something they don't know what it does.

Great job FC! Looking forward to the breedchange!

While on the subject on gardens keys, how about releasing the pande key at the same time this gets introduced? Also, don't make that one buy-only..that would be quite boring :\

If any toon regardless of lvl can get all keys i expect to see more low levels twinks in inf for +10 ring and such, hehe could be good

I also see a lot of complaints about 12-man-on/in-a-can, yeah that might be a little unfair if you can use that on low level toons that have no access to the place, i belive the buff has a lvl 195 req or something (that was bugged last time i heard, similar buffs in db1/2 where you can try this on low level toons).
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Sep 7th, 2012 at 16:45:30.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

In regards to the Garden Keys, I think there should be an account wide flag that tracks the latest garden/sanc key quest you've completed and have that tie to the keys you have available to purchase. For example, I've never completed the Scheol Garden Quests. The last I've completed was Elysium Sanctuary. So if I roll a new character the highest key I can purchase is Elysium Sanctuary (assuming you're including those) or Elysium Garden. One day when I complete the Scheol Garden Quest on 1 character, I can buy it for my others and bypass the mountain of XP and the 30th time running thru the content.
    Last edited by Tifanyx; Sep 7th, 2012 at 18:51:30. Reason: nitpicking/correcting my own grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Tifanyx View Post
    In regards to the Garden Keys, I think there should be an account wide flag that tracks the latest garden/sanc key quest you've completed and have that tie to the keys I have available to purchase. For example, I've never completed the Scheol Garden Quests. The last I've completed was Elysium Sanctuary. So if I roll a new character the highest key I can purchase is Elysium Sanctuary (assuming you're including those) or Elysium Garden. One day when I complete the Scheol Garden Quest on 1 character, I can buy it for my others and bypass the mountain of XP and the 30th time running thru the content.
    It's not the perfect solution, but one I personally could work with. At least one of your characters worked for the key, now you can get it on your others free of effort. You still did the work.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Even more material for those who can't or are bored to play
    Buffcans: Essentially what i mind more. People who are new to the game (hi all you brave ... 100 people to join in 2012 ?) are probably gonna embrace these things as telling anyone but Ebeneezer Scrooge who is new at something, to pay a little extra when he starts out to spare himself some "beginner's trouble" is followed by saying "wth" and digging a little deeper." Of course tho it has obviously skipped the mind of anyone in here and over there that by the time they figure out what twinking is anyway in AO, aka the 5-6 buffing phats bank toons, the dungeon twinks to get the twinks their gear, the 15-20 exact mish roller toons and all those great things ( i mean GREAT and i am not kidding) which keep me saying wth nothing like AO and keep logging almost daily 7 years now, has absolutely nothing to do with what they paid for. So what you are gonna do is give new people the ethical treatment of charging them money because i forgot to move/log Organlegger from newland, as i am taking a pi$$ or i am on another toon and they want to "twink" a lvl 30 shop implant and they are frustrated as i havent given them sfa yet, which they 90% of the times dont even have the ncu for, making me tell them when i return from the "throne room" about the importance of carb for lowbies.
    I recall as among the happiest moments of my ao-life deciding with a then game-buddy some 4 years ago, to level some buffers on froobie accounts and the fun it was running them all around rk on all sort of weird places to find mobs which people dont go to level etc to kite and so on. It lasted for some 2 months, i was actually PLAYING instead of PAYING, i did learn things as you learn even from moving a silly froob nanomage buffer around, and i got the ability nowadays to buff anyone in my org/friendlist any buff they need or if in newland log a meta for some guy asking "140 BM buff please" to put casero on followed by logging my trader to give him 132 as well as mocham wont be enough. Sadly, even more excuses for everyone to ignore everyone else.
    Sl keys...ok i can get how frustrating it can be for the "omg how many 220s i have" crowd to go pop Min-Ji-lu or how she called for the 10th time, but then again soz for being your choice after all to make a 10th 220. If you have been a d**k to everyone and no one comes to help you out with inf key, cause lets not fool ourselves over the importance of scheol sanc on 220s, again soz for you being a d**k to everyone and no one comes to help you out as personally i never once finished typing /watch someone type in a chat "guys i got a inf key set" and not ending up with feeling bad i cant take all those who respond as needing key in the team. And if no one plays in your time zone to arrange a inf key pop team through the forum/neutnet/whatever sorry bro but i am not buying it and if its that bad what the hell you even need inf key in the 1st place!
    As a side note for lowbies in inferno having taken the trip on a 1 tl2 and 2 tl3 to inferno myself, which posed from day 1 the difficulty of having an advy to parrot you and any hot, i hereby declare that i will gladly have them stripped and see a lvl lock in the sl zones once and for all and spare the future generations seeing lvl 15 traders with wen wen ability used in ncu.
    Breed change..../care. Atrox is hot down with the soli or how it will go. You made a nanomage enfo in 2009 when nanomage enfos were hawt and now you want a free ride so you can move to the "new hot thing" with the effort of i payed 10$. No. You want a solitus piercing/swap grenade soldier because it will own good for you. Level it, equip it and then go own towers/bs/duels all day every day. Ah...just because you already have the toon its ok to just change breed one sec, but if someone doesnt he must "stfu nab and go level". Awesome fix to not lose the $ of those who made a toon just for a item/perk action and are now that it will be nullified/not as effective "omg what am i gonna do now i have to team nab pvmers to get a BoC again".
    Heckler juice...indifferent as levelling is either /joke or /nightmare because you are all alone out there in the big bad nub world so...you will just sit in kite hill 4 hours less. I am sure some will pay for that tho, so yea i like seeing you make bucks so no probs here smart one actually.
    Grid nano...if it means you are giving anyone a meep in pvp, might as well delete towers and get it over with, as currently rk2 at least is make a fixer and live out your pvp dream. More please. Otherwise...if your fix to (for reasons which i gave up trying to guess ages ago) not adding whompahs in efp, cav, dav and pw 11 years now as OBVIOUSLY the original concept of the game will be ruined forever as opposed to the current state of the game which is 100% true to the "FOUNDERS" vision, is pay us for fgrid on your toon without having to level a 100 froob is...aaaahmm.. okay wth i'll fly .
    Rest are ok, as again if someone wants to buy you money instead of doing 12man for the buff is a source of income i want to see you make. There will always be people who need mixture, cloth, the symbs and so on to keep 12man run and if people stop farming aune for infusers means we should all take up solitaire as an MMO. So once again you just gonna cheat on newbies naughty FC *shakes hand doing spanking sign*. Take care soz this got so big.
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

I tried to communicate my point of view on this update earlier, but having read my own reply a couple of times now, I feel I've only been partially successful in that. I suspect this may be partially caused by the point-by-point approach, so I'm trying a different angle this time around.

These item shop changes seem to boil down to two things: Funcom (and by extension AO) needs more money in the pocket, and there's a finite amount of things to sell.

Any micro-transaction theme needs to walk a fine line; This line is usually considered being a line between selling optional, convenience and novelty items on one side, and selling non-trivial or exclusive advantages on the other side. I don't think a community tolerates the crossing of such a line too well. Had the game started on the power-selling side of the line it would have been a different story. I'll refer to this as line A.
    There's also a second line, which I'll call line B (how surprising!), which is about selling the option to skip content while retaining most of the rewards.

I've already stated which categories I believe each of the items in the OP fall into and why I think AO is crossing line A, so I won't do that again (you can read that in my previous reply and several other peoples replies if you want - especially Lazy's post on the combat buff cans). I also argued why selling the option to completely skip content is a bad thing in that post.

Now that I've established which lines I feel we're dealing with here, and rehearsed some of the key points of my previous reply, I'll move right along to suggesting alternate approaches. I don't really know anything about the specifics on any of the announced changes, as those details were not made available. Therefore, some of this may be stuff you've already considered, although I hope some of it may give you some interesting ideas.

For any option to pay money to skip content (cross line B) to be "okay" in my book, the following needs to be true:
    • You must have done the content, or at the very least a significant portion of the content, on at least one character already.
    • You must otherwise be able to do the quest. (example using garden keys: Don't let characters which have never been in penumbra get the pen key. Make them buy an item which they hand over to the quest initiator NPC located in the penumbra garden to get the key (and no xp/tokens!))
    • The skippable content cannot be a major milestone in a characters progression. (example: inferno garden/sanct, dust brigade quests, any of the SL progression quests. Different people will definitely have a different opinion on what belongs on such a list!)

I'm sure there's more, but those are the points that stand out to me. I believe these points will help maintain the sense of achievement, while making sure people don't get to skip content they didn't do or wouldn't otherwise be able to do yet.

Item Shop Item Suggestions!
    I'm sure some of this is mentioned in one of the dozens of threads related to item shop suggestions already, but I feel these are important points which belong in this thread regardless.
    More vanity items!
    • Clothes in general, but especially shoes and hats.
    • Different colour hovering lights
    • Skin replacements for some non-social pets. (I recognize that this is probably a difficult thing to implement. I have some ideas for how it can be done, but suggestions for technical implementation is beyond the scope of this post)
    • New skins (colours/patterns) for yalms
    • Custom user titles, similar to the stuff you can buy in TSW.

Alternate ways of accessing already implemented convenience features
    • Full Perk Reset item - stack of 5? (This item would be an alternate way of bribing the perk reset guy.)

Item Shop UI Suggestions!
    Categories
    Currently, all social/vanity items are stashed into a single category: "social items". This makes it somewhat difficult to find what you want, and even more so when/if you add more vanity items. Please add more categories as appropiate - maybe get some ideas from the TSW vanity shop?

Interface
    Currently, you browse the store with two columns of items. Once you click a item, one of the columns are replaced with information about that item. I feel the second UI layout is very difficult to work with, as it reduces the useful area to less than 1/3 of the total area.
    May I suggest using a horizontal splitter instead? The bottom panel could have information about the category you're browsing, deals which may interest you, and info about selected item when applicable.

Some final words... again!
    Anarchy Online has a very dedicated community. Countless people have spent hundreds if not thousands of their spare time contributing to the game & community over the years. Some times the community may seem rather hostile; but one thing to keep in mind, is that some people pay a monthly subscription just so they can participate on the forums, without even playing the game!

I feel that last paragraph doesn't really give enough credit to the AO community as a whole, but it's the best I can come up with before I have to run do some errands.

Funcom: I am sure the AO community will be very forgiving, considering which situation you're in, as long as you make acceptable principal decisions. I for one would buy vanity items (such as social clothing) to increase your income, just because I can.
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 12th, 2012 at 19:29:04. Reason: fixed typo
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Hi Guys,

I found this interesting reading. One of the biggest arguments against certain buyable content/upgrades etc is that it automatically leads then to something worse. Like if they add nano cans to the shop then they will inevitably add buyable BoCs. As Kintaii summarised in his thread linked by Lazy, you cannot object to an advance now on the basis it will lead to a hypothesised update later.

I think what it comes down to is FC trying to cater for the market they have now and the population base they have now and how they can perhaps remove any frustrations from lower population (eg nano cans), the grind (eg XP stims) or impacts from the increased amout of ablity twinking (LE, research etc) on those who maybe want to rethink their breed (eg. breed change).

I also think that it depends on what you enjoy particularly about the game. I have org mates who really like to roll a new character and then level it and push the twinking to the limits periodically just to see how far they can go. I have others who like to get to ther end level ASAP and then twink. Some like to do raids and others like to PvP.

As a PvMer it would be unfair to say to a PvPer "you must complete the garden key mish as you level" when they may only stop over in Pen for a very short time, and then never go there again.

I for one, like higher level content far more than anything under 220. So in my humble opinion I wouldn't be too perturbed if you could use points to level. Look at other games like AoC, where you can level while logged off.... An AO purist will immediately cast me off as lazy, or "whats next? can you buy your AI levels too"... I know alot of people in AO already just use credits to buy levels from 1-160 and then dual log. Some ppl are 200 in just a week, so who is that hurting currently?

Implentation would be that your character would go into "hybernation" that stops you from using it for X number of days. This would stop insta-200's.

I think as long as it doesnt mean that someone's toon is "better" than mine due to RL money. Otherwise soon enough LFT will be "Pande, must have super DD nano can to team". But perhaps if it does give people an equal footing on how they can progress and how they can best enjoy the game then I'm game.

Easy fix on garden keys would be to "unpack" an item that give a temp key (perhaps timed) and a warp item. If you cannot equip the key you cannot warp. So to get to inf its lvl 185+ or w/e the key is now. If you want early access then you gotta do progression as it is now.

I dont have an issue with the the beacons. 20 VP is quite a lot in the initial stage and the wait to 20 (to get BOTH beacons) is frustratingly long. would even be useful for those who can afford 1 (VP one) now, but not the other.

Heckler juice may as well be the renamed XP stims, unless it works for more on Hecks or something. Not that incentive is needed for heckler bashing

I would like to see a "noob pack" available that had in it a medsuit/armour/belt/NCU/Weaps/Imps. Most people who begin on SL rather than the RK BY find the cost of an implant set from the store quite high, compared with credits gaind at low lvls. In our org when ever we see new people to the game its VERY hard for them to upgrade their character at lvl 20, lvl 50 and lvl 75. After this its much easier. But you often end up bankrolling their upgrades, running around looking for NCU etc. The gear shouldnt be "uber" but at least it should be decent. If they want better items then they can still grind for them.

my 2 cents

Pay to skip

Personally I wouldn't mind if they allow you to complete quests, get garden keys, do Bazzit's quest, any of that, even if you haven't even done the content before. That's your own loss, you will just be clueless about that part of the game at your own will. As long as it doesn't allow skipping something that would otherwise not be doable (which would be pay-to-exploit ^_^)

I'd see selling items pretty much the same way.. if they sell BoCs I don't really care. I won't buy it, but people are just buying with money what they'd otherwise buy with their own time, which they probably use to work in order to pay for the BoC.

The above is all fine as it is, but then you have to realize the people who paid to skip the quests, paid to skip doing the content to get the items, now aren't around to contribute to teams. So the game dies a little. People quit the game cause they can't find teams. And FC loses money for gaining money, but in addition people have quit.

Pay to win

Paying for power, boosts and items or anything not gettable by actually playing the game, forget it. This is what a full expansion subscription fee is for. We already pay to have the entire game unlocked -.-

Gridding for every prof, vet/premium treatment kits, and recall beacons, since those things can't be gotten by playing the game normally, totally pay to win. Treatment kits and recall beacons are in the vet shop too, but I feel the same way about it pretty much, you've paid more so you get power that can't be gotten with a normal subscription. This is almost a different subject but I think they could merge the vet and item shops, and instead of giving vet points just give item shop points. They already have a lot of the same stuff (kits, beacons, social).

I see selling raid buffs in this category too, since even if you are just 'skipping' doing the raid, I can't really explain it but selling raid buffs is buying power and not just time, since they're temporary (if someone can explain this better than me feel free)

My main problem with this trend in the item shop is that they are all just shortcuts of existing mechanics, no new content at all. Whether you agree or not with the gameplay implications of particular items, this is really the kind of content that should be patched into the vanilla game, not offered as a premium.

I feel like if we're going to pay for something, it should have some intrinsic value. It should say "Look at this, it's really cool. We worked pretty hard on it, and we hope you think it's worth $xx."

Items which fall into this category include new zones, new quests and new social gear. Not shortcuts to obtain existing content.

Ilaliya put forth the argument that these items are essentially subsidizing ongoing development of AO, big expensive projects that aren't so easy to package up as an expansion or item shop trinket. Fair enough, but you're also asking for a sizable monthly sub. It's going to be hard to convince the average AO subscriber that he's not heavily subsidizing other Funcom projects, such as TSW.

At any rate, the best way to protest is to vote with your wallet. If you really hate these items, let them rot on the virtual shelves, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    I'd see selling items pretty much the same way.. if they sell BoCs I don't really care. I won't buy it, but people are just buying with money what they'd otherwise buy with their own time, which they probably use to work in order to pay for the BoC.
    If by "work" you mean "600 million credits", then you may have something there. We need more content that people have to legitimately raid and work for, not a stagnant amount of content that then has the ability to be skipped by throwing your credit card number at the item shop.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    If by "work" you mean "600 million credits", then you may have something there. We need more content that people have to legitimately raid and work for, not a stagnant amount of content that then has the ability to be skipped by throwing your credit card number at the item shop.
    Agreed with you in the paragraph after that didn't I?
    Last edited by Seoin; Sep 14th, 2012 at 18:56:20.

I am surprised I missed this thread...Bolded the Garden Keys one because I think my suggestion should be given some major consideration if this will truly be introduced.

Breed change: I actually would have avoided deleting some of my characters if this was available, and I can see many players trying to play for extended periods of time because of this. I am so sick of my doctor being nanomage...

Garden Keys: I would prevent players of any level from simply obtaining the full keys, otherwise players may entirely avoid playfields. I would also like to think that doing the progression quests with a low level character and accessing inferno or pande is an achievement, and not something players will simply be able to pay to do. Beyond that, I think it would be nice to be able to do content in a zone without having to travel everywhere in the zone to acquire the key first. I believe it would promote questing in the zones as travel is always an issue.

My suggestion, offer inactive garden keys instead. To activate them, create a tradeskill process with the shadowland progression rings (Pure novictum ring as an example). The nascence and elysium garden keys should not require any activation, but the scheol ring should combine with the +3 or higher ring given when you progress to that zone. The ring will not be destroyed but an active garden key will be provided. The keys should also offer no benefits, but be equippable at all levels.

Combat buffcans: This has been addressed by others enough so I think the "do not do this" has been expressed by a lot of people. It discourages people from doing the raids themselves, even if only by a minimal amount. It also boosts a character significantly, and the buffs are the equivalent of several pieces of powerful armor or the strongest self only buffs, this is not something players should be able to easily have at all times.

Grid Nano: I agree with lazy that if this is something you intend to offer everyone as a permanent buff it should be more readily accessible and not a purchaseable item. Being in the veteran shop would be appropriate I believe. Some fixers will express concerns, but I never thought of the ability to quickly travel to the grid to be something that should be unique to any one profession. If all you are doing is relieving a pointless time-sink, that is traveling back through an area in which you are doing absolutely nothing anyways, then what is harmed? If anything, you increase player productivity because they can return to active content more quickly.

As a note, they should not be useable in combat, ever. Fixers being able to escape to the grid via their instant grid warps is a crucial part of their toolset.

Twinking Buffcans: Are these useable inside battlestations? If not, I do not mind too much as long as they are limited (no reflects or HoTs). If they can be used inside battlestations then its absolutely unfair. I made a joke suggestion years ago about buffcans so people could bring OSB's into battlestations...I hate to think this was all introduced because of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    There are currently two items associated with the side change:

• Premium Omni-Tek Application Form
    • Premium Clan Application Form

If there is enough demand for a neutral version, I wouldn't be opposed to adding it however if we can do it in the right way
    Yes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lol. If being neutral is a "penalty" rather than an advantage to most people then I see absolutely no reason not to do it unless you guys seriously want to simply avoid players being neutral at all.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 15th, 2012 at 03:30:44.

Quote Originally Posted by ilaliya View Post
    if there is enough demand for a neutral version, i wouldn't be opposed to adding it however if we can do it in the right way
    do it
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast