Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hanging Up the Hat - Goodbye from Kintaii

Sorry to see ya go, doesn't make much sense to me.

Suppose you could always go grab Means and form a company named something like MoreFun.com and start working on AO2.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by delsabre View Post
    Sorry to see ya go, doesn't make much sense to me.

Suppose you could always go grab Means and form a company named something like MoreFun.com and start working on AO2.
    Means already has a job already, CEO of Star Stable, in Sweden (which is where Fian is moving back to).
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Must... get... hat... before... Kintaii... leaves...

Such a pretty thing.
    Well they messed with the wrong skull this time, Ha ha!!!
    ~ Murray the talking skull

Slacklin ~ 220 Fixer

Will miss u!
    and BTW i dont have a t-shirt of u even..that hat would make up for that and i will greatly forgive u ! <3

Ahw I missed your goodbye alien invasion

You will be missed Kintaii, had a lot of fun during your raids

ps. screenshot for the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Means already has a job already, CEO of Star Stable, in Sweden (which is where Fian is moving back to).
    It's sad when http://www.starstable.com/ was more appealing to him than AO. lol

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    I mean really I think it comes more down to "I can be a game director at Funcom or I can be CEO of an entire company" instead of "Which do I love more, AO or ponies?" Just sayin', I would have made the same call.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I mean really I think it comes more down to "I can be a game director at Funcom or I can be CEO of an entire company" instead of "Which do I love more, AO or ponies?" Just sayin', I would have made the same call.
    Yea, that's why he has all that time to send me invites to play The Sims Social on Facebook
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yea, that's why he has all that time to send me invites to play The Sims Social on Facebook
    Same, lol! But Colin was a cool GD.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Funcom employee

My new project can't be compared to AO in any way. Not really a "I'd prefer this over that" kind of thing. The time had come for me to try something different...and I really couldn't have found anything more distant from AO.

But this thread is about Kintaii. I am incredibly grateful for the selfless dedication Kintaii gave us for years...believe me when I say giving us one of his kidneys would have been easier. Kintaii brought a special something with him to AO and it was an honour to work with him every single day. I hope I'll get a chance to work with him again someday. Kintaii helped me move 350kg bales of hay through three feet of snow....this is deserving medal type stuff in Mississippi.

I can't wait to see what he gets up to next....but I know it will be great.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

I'm sooo not playing facebook games...and I never would have believed it but I work even MORE hours than I did on AO.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Is it bad, when I actually think that looks somewhat interesting?

I mean, the whole "Online Horse Adventures" horse riding thing. Of course in regards to PvP. Horse PvP.
    Last edited by wonderland; Sep 20th, 2012 at 23:43:38.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

i'm jelly. means never sends me anything on facebook

I will miss your epic wall of text big time. /seriously bummed.

May you always have 'happy fun hat' days and thank you for all you have done to make this such a wonderful game.
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    "Online Horse Adventures"
    Means went Gundam style? O.o
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

In my humble opinion, there’s no better farewell to Kintaii than expressing RK1 wide announcement. Sadly there were not many hot tower fields by the time of the party. I did it with my 170 agent, whom I think Kintaii and Means remember well, since they checked and rechecked the toon back in the 2010s thanks to the weekly or maybe daily petitions against it, from 150-174 BS. (No never anything wrong was found).

Kintaii will be missed since he has a spirit that kept others going even when they were tired, I bet Means miss him maybe more than what he admits. The rest of the team I don’t know well, I was only hooked on Kintaii and Means, so now I feel a bit orphan.

Well enough of the past, Kintaii has a nice experience under his belt and will have success whatever he decides to go. I just hope he hangs around a bit at least as a gamer. I know that will be hard, is like going back to froob after having all expansions.

Heres the picture, several mins after the attack, while looking for hot fields:

Thank you Kintaii for the time you gave us, it was way more than a job for you. Thank you!

I would expect to see a news article with the following story for Kintaii's last day.

Funcom's Massively Multi-player Online game Anarchy Online lost power today due to what was at first believed to be a virus. It turns out that the person known as Kintaii used Words of Mass Destruction to disable the servers. Officials at Funcom declined to comment. No one was hurt in the process.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Sep 21st, 2012 at 06:03:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I'm sooo not playing facebook games...and I never would have believed it but I work even MORE hours than I did on AO.
    Totally not, so it's a striking coincidence that just this morning I had an invite to Sims Social from Silirion too
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by lordcabro View Post
    In my humble opinion, there’s no better farewell to Kintaii than expressing RK1 wide announcement. Sadly there were not many hot tower fields by the time of the party. I did it with my 170 agent, whom I think Kintaii and Means remember well, since they checked and rechecked the toon back in the 2010s thanks to the weekly or maybe daily petitions against it, from 150-174 BS. (No never anything wrong was found).

Kintaii will be missed since he has a spirit that kept others going even when they were tired, I bet Means miss him maybe more than what he admits. The rest of the team I don’t know well, I was only hooked on Kintaii and Means, so now I feel a bit orphan.

Well enough of the past, Kintaii has a nice experience under his belt and will have success whatever he decides to go. I just hope he hangs around a bit at least as a gamer. I know that will be hard, is like going back to froob after having all expansions.

Heres the picture, several mins after the attack, while looking for hot fields:

Thank you Kintaii for the time you gave us, it was way more than a job for you. Thank you!
    Haha great stuff
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    "Which do I love more, AO or ponies?" Just sayin', I would have made the same call.
    Confirmed : Kintaii likes ponies.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast