Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director - My last update

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Ooh. Um. This isn't terribly good now, is it?

Good luck in the future Fia. I'm sure going back home will help to take the bitter edge off of this change for you. Hopefully what you get into next will be under more reasonable circumstances.
    I agree, work for a company thats not so rigid with it's finances.
    OMNI 220-70-16 Soldier Drewgun Mysol****
    General of Hell On Fire

3 game directors have lived and died in the shadow of the engine. Who's next?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Like a lot of old players around here... I still pay 3 accounts... but don't play much.

You did an awesome job, and I hope someone as good will take the place.

Are we doomed here, looking at sunlight through a cage ?

Good bye and good luck , Fia. You will definitely be missed , I have seen great things in the short time you have been here, so I am sad to see you go , but real life and family must always come first. Hope to see you pop in from time to time , don't be a stranger

Sorry to see you go and good luck in your future work!
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Thanks for all the effort and creativity you put into AO to make it better, we appreciate it

Thank you Lindelu for all the Hard Work. While you brought your own vision to light, you got a lot accomplished and just plain Done in AO Since you have been here. The Engine will be a lot Cleaner cut since you have had the opportunity to take charge. You will be missed, tell Means we all said Hello!

Best of Luck!

I don't see what kind of plan FC can have for the future of AO if they're letting you go so shortly after appointing you.

You'll be missed Fia. All the luck to you in your future endeavors.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

The posts that have been removed from this thread are not those about questions about the future (I've left quite a few) and not necessary even concern about it. However, "Ding-dong, the game is dead!" "I quit" and "They're all a bunch of liars!" posts have been summarily removed (if not executed).
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

GD's are chaning so often now... I mean, I play too long I guess.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I thought I would just drop in on the forums today for the first time in a few months. Huh.... Welp, hopefully I get to see the servers merge, the rebalancing, and engine someday.
    Hi I'm Carl!

Oh oh , Can I haz your stuff?

Have fun in Sveden!

Oh my... I applaud you, Fia, for your work on AO and at Funcom and can only hope that your future will turn out for the best
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

I'll volunteer for next Game Dictator... Um, I mean BDFL... Or something along those lines.

Sad to see you leaving Fia, hope all goes well in your new endeavours.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by pityjoo View Post
    So like is this the final nails in the coffin of AO????
    gonna miss ya fia and you kin... sux that your both leaving! I can only echo what so many have said here. this is a big mistake in a catalogue of fantasticaly epic mistakes that funcom seem to be pulling out of the hat. Good job Funcom well done, around of applause all round to the current ceo that made all this epic failness even remotly possible. so we may get a new director in. brilliant so gonna be some new ideas that to be honest we probably dont want. The direction the game was going was the most posative it's been in a long time, so to lose the person responsible for those posative changes is a kick in the teath to the game and the comunity. We will all miss you fia and its a shame your family cant wait two more years. i know that sounds greedy of me and maybe the wider comunity but for ao you were the best thing we ever had losing you and kin is gonna probably kill ao and it's ever dwindeling population. Good luck in both of your futures and may you both have every happiness the world can thow at you ......
    Actually the current CEO is just trying to save the sinking ship... the OLD CEO, Trond Arne Aas, was the one who steered it into the waters it's in...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Sad news. Unexpected and sad. I wish you all the best in the future and, if AO will still exist in the near future, I´ll fight you down just to show my gratitude

So, whats now, whats next? I hate to look into an unclear future...
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Sad news. Unexpected and sad. I wish you all the best in the future and, if AO will still exist in the near future, I´ll fight you down just to show my gratitude

So, whats now, whats next? I hate to look into an unclear future...
    Yea, what is next? A leaving GD always handed the hat to someone else... now, it's just hanging on the coatrack
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well, I was on the edge to come back in the game.
    I didn't played the game while Fia was GD, but I've kept an eye on forums and on her activity as a GD. I honestly say she has a coat for management roles and planning strategy.

I wonder if the new GD will keep the current project plan running, or it will be a new one ...

Changes always come when the manager is changed, I just hope you guys keep a clear light on what's happening with AO in the future for the entire community (sadly only old players are still here).

It is a pity to see GD leaving and it is very confusing to understand some statements from her "goodbye letter".

I see only 2 options:
    1. She was not telling us 100% of truth
    2. Management of FC is highly incompetent.

Bellow some quotes from Lindelu's letter and my thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    [prose]
    My work here this year has been greatly focused on one thing, to build for a strong future of AO. I see a very big potential in this game and I know you do too. When I look back at these ten months, I believe that even though we are not there yet, the hardest stretch has been overcome, thanks to my wonderful team.
    If the above is true then there is no reason why not to finish it especially as Lindelu wrote "the hardest stretch has been overcome" !

[prose]
    They have improved our development tools to ensure that devs can create completely new and exciting content for many years to come, something that have been neglected due to our small team size pretty much since launch. They have soon finished creating a new player experience that will unite froobs and subscribers,
    This is even more su****ious. If FC decides that AO is a dying game then creating any development tools just before swithing of servers was total stupidity and a waste of money.

[prose]
    They have begun creating a Dreamworld engine beta client, that will be available for free side by side to the older client. The new client will greatly modernize our graphics and visual style, without removing the charm and unique atmosphere that AO currently offers, and we’re finally beginning to see the light in the end of the tunnel on this greatly experimental project.
    Same as above! Either engine beta tests is BS or this is another example of wasting money.

[prose]
    I say goodbye sooner rather than later to ensure that we can keep someone else on the team.
    Many times I had doubts if AO as a project was profitable or not and I even posted those doubts here on forum. Every time I got answers that AO is still profitable !
    So no matter what happened to TSW AO should have been looked at as autonomical project.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast