Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director - My last update

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    I dont normally post on Forums,But i feel the need now.

Firstly good luck Lindelu you was steering the sinking ship to shore.

I have been playing AO since 2004, I think this is one of the best MMO's out there, and ive tried a few.

What is happening with AO, does anyone know how many of the team are left, will a different person be leaving next week, will the server merge/engine/reballance ever really happen.

I wish someone in FC would just be honest with the community, im sure we can handle it, however bad the news is.

Sorry for rant, just annoys me.
    I suggest you check out other posts in the community corner section to find partial answers to your questions. And tbh, I feel the AO team hasn't ever been more honest with the community than now.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Yes but tbh, how many times have they said everything is ok, then just to find a week or two later half the team are leaving.

Also the engine/reballace how long has that pipe dream been going on for, with endless promises.

I am curious how may staff member will actually be working on AO, after eveyone thats leaving has gone.

I am just sad that all the people that have the vision and drive to are slowly leaving.

Oh man..

So sorry to hear that you are leaving
    The game has come so far with you in charge.

Best of luck for you in the next life
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Videos Our Videos

Sad to see you leave - have fun whereever you go ^^

Best wishes - have fun always

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHLdg_VNww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdj5D...eature=related
    Last edited by Onkelolsen; Sep 21st, 2012 at 22:16:24.
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Does this mean we'll get Wayne Soong back from AoC!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    Does this mean we'll get Wayne Soong back from AoC!?!?!?
    I doubt Yakomo is coming back to AO as part of the team, I think he still plays AO tho.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I really doubt AO will make it to 2013 , have fun while you can!

TSW is a failure , AoC still a failure and the only game that worth something they dont care.

The last player will shutdown the server.

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    I really doubt AO will make it to 2013 , have fun while you can!
    Been hearing that one since '01.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Who will be new GD?
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

So is there any kind of *REALISTIC plan to remedy the current situation in AO?

Even 215+ bs runs only sporadically. Lft is sometimes completely empty. There are maybe 2-3 orgs that can be considered as healthy on rk1. The rest are retirement orgs. Why should we keep paying dearly for this each month? Tell us there is some sort of direction at least. Not just assurances that you are working on something on which you can't even say when it will be released.

What will you do to increase the population in the short term? Because at least for many of us that's what's needed if we are going to keep paying.

Thanks in advance.

*As in something you KNOW you can do within a time frame that is not unknown.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Sep 22nd, 2012 at 10:22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Been hearing that one since '01.
    They didn't sack the GD in order to save money in 2001, did they?

I don't think she was sacked Noobius76, she left of her own accord to be with her family back in her home country - as she hinted at - she only intended on being GD for the short term to see if she could make it work, and she did a mighty good job in her temporary role!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

I had a good feeling with you at the wheel Fia. AO seemed to move on in the right direction.

agree with Bainzy - good job for that short time, would have loved to see more of it in future : (
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzy View Post
    I don't think she was sacked Noobius76, she left of her own accord to be with her family back in her home country - as she hinted at - she only intended on being GD for the short term to see if she could make it work, and she did a mighty good job in her temporary role!

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post

Now the time has come for me to leave my position as Game Director, an announcement that saddens me deeply as I love my job, but with the recent cuts in Funcom it makes sense for the project that I say goodbye sooner rather than later to ensure that we can keep someone else on the team.
    Love,
    Fia
    I don't think we can expect them to be any clearer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzy View Post
    I don't think she was sacked Noobius76, she left of her own accord to be with her family back in her home country

i believe the correct term is her and kintaii were "restructured"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i believe the correct term is her and kintaii were "restructured"
    I believe the correct term these days is they were "downsized"

Oh pants, maybe I should have looked at the forums before I resubbed!!

firstly,
    Best of luck with your move lindelu, thankyou for your efforts in the GD role.

secondly,
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Yes but tbh, how many times have they said everything is ok, then just to find a week or two later half the team are leaving.
    Also the engine/reballace how long has that pipe dream been going on for, with endless promises.
    I am curious how may staff member will actually be working on AO, after eveyone thats leaving has gone.
    I am just sad that all the people that have the vision and drive to are slowly leaving.
    well IIRC there are about a dozen full time staff for AO, with some sharing of otherbstaff with other projects. So I guess with two leaving we now have a team of ten? certainly not 'half' the team have left!
    F
    Last edited by Fhinn; Sep 22nd, 2012 at 15:00:30.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Thanx for all the work you have done. Good luck in rl.
    Soldier level 220/ax30/le70 veteran of clan First Light
    Bureaucrat level 174/ax24/le42 advisor of clan First Light

Noooooooooo...

You will be missed Lind. I hope you will still play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    They didn't sack the GD in order to save money in 2001, did they?
    No, far worse than that. You can google it since you don't seem to have been there to experience it.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast