Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director - My last update

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    Who will be new GD?
    My guess is that the AO Producer may fill the role for the time being, either that or... Genele I think would be a good fit.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    No, far worse than that. You can google it since you don't seem to have been there to experience it.
    I'm sure you would've told me if it would've supported your position.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I'm sure you would've told me if it would've supported your position.
    Or, you don't know how to google "Anarchy Online 2001" =P

Here is one of the results: http://biobreak.wordpress.com/2009/1...nlines-launch/
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Wind, we were both around in 2001, so we both know you're simply defending the game over nostalgia. AO has never been in a worse position than it is now, even at launch they still had people at least trying to log on to play.

Cant say i was much impressed with her work. As far as I could see the same old strategy of trying to retain vets (aka "milking the defunct female bovine"), instead of trying to improve the game to renovate the player base, was maintained as a guideline for the developers. Probably orders from above. No matter.

Good luck and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Wind, we were both around in 2001, so we both know you're simply defending the game over nostalgia. AO has never been in a worse position than it is now, even at launch they still had people at least trying to log on to play.
    I've been playing since beta 2000, and even tho I'm not fully satisfied with the progress of development, it has improved since Silirrion took over as GD, then Means and then Lindelu.

If the game was so terrible, then I wouldn't have 15-20+ org members online enjoying the game.

Yeah, back in the old days the number was higher, those were different times when there were fewer MMO to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Cant say i was much impressed with her work. As far as I could see the same old strategy of trying to retain vets (aka "milking the defunct female bovine"), instead of trying to improve the game to renovate the player base, was maintained as a guideline for the developers. Probably orders from above. No matter.

Good luck and have fun.
    We must have been playing two different games. Have fun in your next game, come back to check out the new engine when it comes out.

I've been playing since beta 2000, and even tho I'm not fully satisfied with the progress of development, it has improved since Silirrion took over as GD, then Means and then Lindelu.

If the game was so terrible, then I wouldn't have 15-20+ org members online enjoying the game.

Yeah, back in the old days the number was higher, those were different times when there were fewer MMO to choose from.
    Since LoX the only updates have been single dungeons at a time, and even then only 4 have come out (Collector, Gauntlet, DB3, S7). At least in 2001 you could see things getting done (aka the game actually became playable). As it is the only things we see being done now are people moving to different companies/projects. Admit it, AO has been on the decline for years and now it's getting close to the end of it's life.

Since LoX the only updates have been single dungeons at a time, and even then only 4 have come out (Collector, Gauntlet, DB3, S7). At least in 2001 you could see things getting done (aka the game actually became playable). As it is the only things we see being done now are people moving to different companies/projects. Admit it, AO has been on the decline for years and now it's getting close to the end of it's life.
    If that was true, I wouldn't encourage others to start AO related projects. Today we launched RecipeBook to AO.

I have no idea wtf but i felt this is appropriate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVJD3dL4diY
    God rest ao.
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by kindabored View Post
    I have no idea wtf but i felt this is appropriate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVJD3dL4diY
    God rest ao.
    And I shall reply with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw
    Long live AO!

My guess is that the AO Producer may fill the role for the time being, either that or... Genele I think would be a good fit.
    Just no. Genele lost my respect and most of the AO community's with that tryhard fail of a weapon called Troa'ler.
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

This game has such a promising future. Think of the profits they'll have when only one person is left working on the game.

<3

If that was true, I wouldn't encourage others to start AO related projects. Today we launched RecipeBook to AO.
    Let's put it this way: 200+ people used to show up to kill Beast. Last I heard, even Tnet stopped running S42 because they couldn't get even 30 people to show up.

All i hope is that in the current state, that AO is in.

That someone (whoever is in control) just says what the future plan is, if engine/reballance is now to big a project for the budget, fine just let us know.

As if my understanding is right (sure i read somewhere) TSW was such a epic FAIL, that they are having to cut 50% cost on all projects, i would assume only 50% of the planned works will carry on, or all works done but in double the planned timescale.

I will play AO till they throw the switch, I just would like to honestly know, what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Just today, we're fixing bugs in our Halloween content, working on animations for the new engine, improving the NPE based on internal feedback, getting some database work done for the server merge, etc. We have the same direction. Our priorities are still the engine, [color=red]server merge[/olor], NPE, and systems changes.
    So what you're saying is, even with the NPE and new engine, you still don't expect enough customers to maintain the current servers?

That says all I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    For technical and design reasons, member ranks will be reset. Except for the organization leader, who gets to keep his/her rank.

The organization leader will be given the voucher to rebuild the city on behalf of the organization.
    All fine and good if the org leader is an active player. What if they're not?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    So what you're saying is, even with the NPE and new engine, you still don't expect enough customers to maintain the current servers?
    Did anyone honestly think that would be the case? I mean really, how many new players do you think a revamped starting zone and a less-dated engine will actually bring in? The populations of the two servers right now are at dire levels, even with the merge there will be plenty of room.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Did anyone honestly think that would be the case? I mean really, how many new players do you think a revamped starting zone and a less-dated engine will actually bring in? The populations of the two servers right now are at dire levels, even with the merge there will be plenty of room.
    Super secret Funcom business plan for AO:

1) Release new game engine.
    2) ?
    3) Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    All fine and good if the org leader is an active player. What if they're not?
    hi keldros!!!

earlier in this very thread - basically /petition it and transfer to an active player as new prez. could also write to present prez and see if they felt like joining in all this 'fun'!!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...&postcount=128
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast