Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: breed change for froobs

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post

Some food for thought: It doesn't make much sense to both be against the concept of the shop (that business model in general), and simultaneously think the prices are too high. Someone who disagrees with the existence of an item shop should want the prices to be too high, because then nobody would use it.
    On the same token, it makes no sense to make cash shop prices so insane noone outside of a couple moneybags players want to use the shop, unless you enjoy wasting development time and subscriber money. And don't give us the "cash shop is only non-beneficial items" blah blah blah". You've already crossed the line with the shop long ago, and yet you still want to gouge on top of it.

{Venachar - please speak to me for an explanation}
    Last edited by Venachar; Nov 2nd, 2012 at 09:24:34.

So get with the idea that choices are final unless you really, really feel strongly about not being whatever you chose to be at first. I'm certainly not going to change breed just because nanomage is infinitely better than Trox now. Not if it cost just 100 FC points and not if it cost 100.000 FC points.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Dec 3rd, 2012 at 11:01:14.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    "Oh, you can't afford to pay a sub and pay twice that to get a breed change, even though that breed change can be BENEFICIAL to your GAMEPLAY? Reroll or get a second job n00b!"

That's basically what you and Funcom are saying, correct?
    wat? breed change is only 300m on the GMI.

One more thing i like. Breed change item costs about same points you get for subbing for 12 months. Neat huh? So essentially free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    I really wish these kind of things were nodrop. It's hard to stand by the argument of 'we will never put game altering items in the shop' when you can simply exchange a shop item for credits, and credits for game altering items.

also;

it's a feature that a lot of players wanted, and we had to specifically make code changes to make it happen.
    You should probably stop listening to what 'lots of players want'. Most players want to invest less time in the game (by not having to reroll, by not having to spend months farming a raid area, etc), which just ends up meaning that players are 'completing' the game much faster and getting bored of it soon after.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Cool. So the going rate for AO creds is 300m for £30? No wonder credits are so cheap now, the farmers have to undercut FC to make money.

Hehe, game altering items are on gmi. But nothing that gives you an advantage you couldnt otherwise get.

That is why it's important for breed changel is yesdrop.

This is good on several levels.
    You can use it on all alts.
    People who do not buy it in shop can use it. So shop users do not gain an unatainable advantage.
    Also people can buy credits directly from funcom. Very important this, becouse they don't buy from other illegal venues and we can all enjoy a cashflow positive game.

And second breed change item itself is well done. It allows no benefit other than huge time and credit saving.

Funcom did an outstanding job here. Perfect in every way.

That being said. I believe breed you choose you should stick with. It's nice to se funcom is there for us if we fail breed choice. This should also be more interesting once rebalance comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    ]

You should probably stop listening to what 'lots of players want'. Most players want to invest less time in the game (by not having to reroll, by not having to spend months farming a raid area, etc), which just ends up meaning that players are 'completing' the game much faster and getting bored of it soon after.
    umm lol?

here's the thing. i'd never have rerolled my fixer. never. not in a million years. i'd rather quit the game than do that. it was endgame equipped with all the fun phatz etc. not to mention 3.8k solokills that take quite a big commitment and a fair ammount of time farming greens in bs to aquire (time and commitment i sadly no longer have) however i did take advantage of the breed change and am now in the process of completing the content i skipped over as an opi in order to put my alphas back in. that's right: the breed change made me do MORE content than i would have done had it not been there. so this arguement is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Also people can buy credits directly from funcom. Very important this, becouse they don't buy from other illegal venues and we can all enjoy a cashflow positive game.
    Nope. Cred sellers are still cheaper.

In fact, imagine two scenarios (and this is greatly simplified to illustrate a point) -- 100 people buying a given item for a dollar, and another scenario where one person buys the same item for $100. On the monetary side it's the same -- $100. But each scenario has different implications for the game.
    Or 100 people paying for this game for 17€ or 1000 people paying 10€..

@topic: unable to bring breed balance and on the other side letting players pay for it is kinda genius.
    meep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12