Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BS portal jumping

A 5 second unbreakable root after zoning would be nice.

That would just annoy regular travelers.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

bs not running, that is the problem now. Simply, make zonning take more time, 5 seconds would be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I would be cautious about implementing a cooldown to portal zoning. For example:
    Let's say that I'm pvping at core and the closest portal to me is B but I want to get to C asap. So intuitively you use the B portal and then immediately run towards the C portal - hence a "portal zoning cooldown" is not ideal in this situation.

Problem with "BS portal jumping" is when a player keeps going back and forth through same portals i.e. A-B-A-B-etc. Because of the lag and sync issues you will have a very hard time doing anything to your target.

What you want is something like this:
    1. Player is in Core
    2. Player zones to C
    3. Player gets x delay cooldown to zone back to Core

An elegant solution which won't require investing resources into fixing this problem:
    Move the location to which you are teleported, further away from the portals. i.e. in this zones - this way when someone jumps from A to B he can't jump back instantly to A or any other portal and abuse the mechanics because he has a little running to do to get to the portals.
    Last edited by Tessargi; Nov 29th, 2012 at 17:06:49.
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

That is one of the best solutions I've heard yet. Bump!

Bump for a bloody fantastic idea!
    You gained 96 PVP Solo Score.
    Angelyna: (03:55) Srompu forces your NCU to run Feet of Stone...
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he's a 220 crat and srompu is probably wearing tl5 symbs
    [Theater of Tragedy] Johnnykay: he deserved to die

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You don't see people wandering around screaming "THIS BOOK IN THE FIRST PERSON WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A QUASIGENDER HAMSTER ON FIRE".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123