Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S10 Feedback

bounties in S10 was retarded idea.
    i had several toons that have surpassed the level cap to enter the zone and im not likely to delete my toons and reroll lowbie just so i can get credits in the intended way.

and in the future im not going to bend over and take it in the behind if FC comes up with the king-idea to put best cred farm-areas to somewhere that is not accessible by 220's
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Best farm areas???? WTF are you talking about?? Are you people actually serious?
    220s can make 10x more money with LESS effort just doing xan instances, or DB2. I had a fully geared, extremely expensive, powerhouse MA that used to zip through aliens and have never, not once, ever, rezisted in sector10 more then 4-5 hours. In those 4-5 hours I usually got anywhere between 50 and 250m. In 4-5 hours on my shade and a doc I can do Vortexx or Miitar and earn way waaaay more then that. WTF are you people talking about: "best credit source in-game", are you really that stupid?
    And people fighting for spots? That's got elitism running both ways, because only an elitist fights for "his" spot in a open field where mobs belong to everyone. I've never had arguments about farming spots in sec10. If someone wanted to take part in "my spot" I'd invite him in my team, almost doubling my profit. If he didn't want to join the team and tryed to OD, I usually showed him it's impossible to OD a MA that crits for 5.5k in there.
    If you people had problems of this matter, you should really improve your social skills.
    And also, wtf is this: billions made out of thin air? Name me a single person who managed to make 1b in a day of sector10 nodrops farming and I'll name you 10 who made 5b+/day or more just by doing LoX or iPande.
    @Otansaanpas: sector10 bountyes were retarded just in your oppinion, wich is faulty. Also, why would you possibly level up a twink?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

So what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tukzor View Post
    So what's the problem?
    a) There is nothing to do between lvl 1 and 219 worth repetably doing because its fun, profitable and you dont need doc, crat and tank for it.
    b) There are no people to play with because they quit because of a).

@Raggy
    Nice trolling. I really love the way you start with
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I never farmed S10 but
    and then you just pwn us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    a) There is nothing to do between lvl 1 and 219 worth repetably doing because its fun, profitable and you dont need doc, crat and tank for it.

@Raggy
    Nice trolling. I really love the way you start with

and then you just pwn us all.
    You make it sound like I never spoke to anyone who did farm it, or I that I don't live with people who did. I never bothered with the place out of pure dislike for it.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

If you don't like it, don't ruin it for us all. And most people lied about sector10 profits. There is NO WAY IN HELL you can make even close to 1b/day of straight farming nodrops and relays in sector10. People who DID make alot of money in there are those that farmed relays, tradeskilled them, popped them, sold loot.
    Also, there are periods of time in sec10 when droprates SUCK. Like 13:00 GMT+2. I noticed a huge droprate decrease few hours in that interval(12-15).
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

print this on A0 and pin it to the wall in every AO developer team office ... maybe then we could hope for a change.

P.S. change the levels range to 1-220, there's nothing interesting to do even at 220.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

S10 was the last PvM Epeen spot left.

I didn't care about the money, I cared that I had a Crat that could tradeskill bosses and then go solo them like a champ, and I had an MA that could crank out relay parts and nodrops like a champ. I didn't choose these two profs because they were OP. I chose these two profs because I already had them just rotting on my account and no clue what to do with them.

It was fun making and playing those toons. I put alot of thought and effort into their setups, and I had a very good time playing them during my downtime when my friends were offline.

I had friends who had 150 toons and we used to have a blast steamrolling into the boss areas and slaughtering backpacks full of bosses with no downtime, while running damage dumps to measure epeens.

Another cool thing about s10 was that you could take literally any profession in there and be successful. Granted, some would be more successful than others, but any profession could go there, farm, and make money.

I also made a small fortune farming symbs for my toons and selling the extras to powerlevelers who wanted to make a quick 150 toon. I bought all the CSS on my Agent this way.

Now? There is absolutely no demand for mid-level symbs or ai armor. There is nobody farming s10. There is no enjoyment at all.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

The only answer vets have about making sure creds in ao to new people is.
    1. Get your friend to help you Power lvl to 220, then use that 220 toon to make creds so u can enjoy lvling another toon.
    2. After years of experience you will learn how to be rich
    3. Go camp dynas and pray you didnt end up wasting your time.

Now to everyone else, gets what With more toons inflation happens, its the same in real life and you cant stop it in a free market game.
    People complaining that more creds coming in a GAME is bad is pure nonsense. Maybe the countries of the world should also stop printing more money so we could stop inflation.

To Raggy and all those who SAY they never did s10, guess what it, was your CHOICE,for the rest of us we chose to do s10 and it was fun. They should have just let economics run its course the market would have stabilized.

BTW only thing that increased cause of s10 were combined armor and its parts. I would rather have a game full of players who do s10 then a basically empty game cause they FIXED s10.
    We live in a beautiful world

make arid aliens drop the real bounties. make s10 mobs drop bounties worth 500k creds. BAM: problem solved. new players have a stopgap place to put together some scratch to gear up before hitting the inf mish grind, tl7 players have a place to grind cash so they can buy lootrights to endgame gear, a 300 combined set and go flex their pvp e-peens. it's win-win.

EDIT: and while we're on this topic throw some 250 leadbots into the loot tables of apf gens. 10% drop rate of 1 random 250 leadbot.
    Last edited by Lazy; Dec 11th, 2012 at 20:01:09.

Why havn't they hired you yet?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Why havn't they hired you yet?
    I never though you would ever agree to reviving s10.

Lazy I have argued with you constantly on 2 different account, but this is the first time i agree with you. You now have gained HONOR (If you remember)

But 500k isnt much to shake a tail a,t but its a good start to negotiations, Lets try 4mill again but we can go down to 3mill.
    By time you are doing that you can create a lvl 10-50 area with 100k bounties 50-100 with 300k bounties. and if you are just being lazy (ha) you can create a open area large like galaway shire, which offers medium xp (rk xp) and ok aixp (so people don't have to wait certain lvls to lvl aixp up) and have mini bosses that drop level range type weapons (not OPed ones ofc, the normal ai ones are ok)

Again by time we are making changes to get new people to stay you have to keep them away from vets, its discouraging when u are new to have a twinked low lvl toon 1 hit kill mobs you spent 30 secs killing. Then the whole converstion about twinking and spending lots of creds always start.

So the suggestion is to not let new toons, go to the open world untill lvl 50. That means another newbie island area, you can let the sub and totw be part of it. Yes i know it takes away the best part of the game OP twinking but is slowly integrates new people.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    I never though you would ever agree to reviving s10.
    I was all for the removal of S10 simply because of how retarded the cash flow was. If you have one place that eclipses the rest of the game in terms of monetary income, the rest of the game becomes dead. Nobody bothered camping SL dynas because it wasn't good money, so the remaining dyna loot sky-rocketed in price.
    If you spread the amount of money that was coming in via S10 across the game, I'd have no issue with it at all.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I would have totally ignored this entire thread but I couldn't resist after these posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    bounties in S10 was retarded idea.
    Bounties were a great idea, and contrary to popular theory it was NEVER the problem with s10.

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    Best farm areas???? WTF are you talking about?? Are you people actually serious?
    220s can make 10x more money with LESS effort just doing xan instances, or DB2.
    This is partially correct, but primarily incorrect. Xan instances/db2 "CAN" net you maybe 50-200m per run depending on what drops (which is totally random in Xan). Currently ai bots can still net 50-100m easy. During s10 heydays even enduring bots sold for 100m+, strong/supple 300m+. It's a LOT faster to get 1 bot drop per 5-10m farming bosses than "chance" for WU every 10-20m. So even now a days with lower bot prices it's still easier to farm ai generals imo.

Just plain sad. So sad people really dont get it that RK is still larger than ALL the expansions, add ons, boosters, what ever. I still like doing rk missions, just to go beat up some old nemesis mobs that I used to fear. That's 10year old content I like to repeat. (Also a simple way to show new players team tactics)

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    S10 was the last PvM Epeen spot left.

Another cool thing about s10 was that you could take literally any profession in there and be successful. Granted, some would be more successful than others, but any profession could go there, farm, and make money.
    Epeen? What about totw/foremans/mantis queen/mercs/ or heaven forbid Tara?

But I do agree any prof could go in there and play and farm.

I think 500k or even 100k bounties would be fine. The bounties I seriously don't think were a problem because the drop rate could have been lowered or they could have been limited to turning them in 1 per day like daily missions.

It was a combination of bounties keeping vet players in the zone who constantly epeened new players. That led to constant bombardment of petitions and complaint emails swamping FC employees. It was easier to just get rid of the jack wagon vet players (you know the type i'm talking about) motivation to stay there.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Epeen? What about totw/foremans/mantis queen/mercs/ or heaven forbid Tara?
    Totw has tons of downtime, foremans is fun but nothing too difficult, mantis queen has TONS of downtime, mercs is all about the pull, and Tara is a TL7 campfest.

S10 was the perfect epeen pvm zone. Minimal downtime for killing, big variety among setups, largest pool of viable professions.

Me and a few Neut friends tried to take Tara from RK1 omnis a number of times, although we never succeeded as it was only ever 4 of us vs a zerg of 10+. I do believe we are the only non-zergbot group to attempt to do it in the last 2 years on RK1.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I really don't even care about bounties, they can be worth 100k or 500k just so the influx of money out of thin air is smaller. BUT, put ICE back in there and increase the droprate for relays.
    Remove the instanced version that basically NOBODY ever does, put the old bosses back in place and add grid armor nukes in their arsenal of weapons, so smurfs don't have a chance to solo.
    I remember full raids of 3 teams in there....it was REALLY fun and challenging.
    It was a very special place where everyone had a choice, either solo or team, either farm nodrops or pop bosses. It allowed variety(hello shotgun MA!) in setups and it kept 150 BS the most active of battlestations. It encouraged several people with good 150s to team up and do harder stuff, like mercs or something....
    People who think sector10 credits destroyed the economy are purely delusional. There were a number of exploits that destroyed economy way waaay harder then sector10 ever could and it's extremely easy to prove that sector10 is nowhere near the "best credit source in the game" just by watching lootright sellers spam the shopping channels. In fact, I even tested to see the difference in how much I can earn doing ipande or LoX and doing sec10 on my fully twinked badass MA.
    Most I ever got selling nodrops and relays is somewhere around 350m in 4-5 hours, seeing the best droprate ever.
    Most I ever got selling lootrights in 4-5 hours is 2b, with a lucky BoC/Lust drop and selling sec35 lootrights.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

It was a combination of bounties keeping vet players in the zone who constantly epeened new players. That led to constant bombardment of petitions and complaint emails swamping FC employees..
    That there was probably the only logical reason to fix an area. But adding to what Psikie said it was fixable. The problems was with people training others, smurfs training to the middle or snare training. NT's trying to kite in s10 and people intentionally training others when they ODed or KS them.
    With that logic though they should also kill heck kiting and kite hill, and stop the petitions from there.

Ironically, if you are killing around kite hill, and you kill a heck a pocket was trying to pull when petitioned, you would be the one they warned to stop.

Perhaps I should have extrapolated a bit more. I seem to give too much credit that the ramifications or reprecusions of what I posted are easily understood. So continue on the same chain of thought, that devs wanted vets out of s10. Why? Because the goal of the game is to get to end game and have fun along the way. Hence city xp buff, guantlet xp buff, easy xp daily missions, and xp stims additions.

So it's counter productive to have a zone item that attracts vets to work backwards to 150 or stay there with twinks to camp there. The devs want forward game progress to the 220 content where the majority of new development happens.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Perhaps I should have extrapolated a bit more. I seem to give too much credit that the ramifications or reprecusions of what I posted are easily understood. So continue on the same chain of thought, that devs wanted vets out of s10. Why? Because the goal of the game is to get to end game and have fun along the way. Hence city xp buff, guantlet xp buff, easy xp daily missions, and xp stims additions.

So it's counter productive to have a zone item that attracts vets to work backwards to 150 or stay there with twinks to camp there. The devs want forward game progress to the 220 content where the majority of new development happens.
    Logical argument, but one flaw - there isn't any development in 220 content area in AO. The last addition was Gauntlet more than year ago and that last for month max (and that was mainly due 18h lockout mechanic, not because it was too hard/challenging/time consuming at all). Personally I get everything from Gauntlet in the time of free month for my 3 220 chars, killing through once per 3 days as my job allow me to play only at evenings.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

That is one of the main problems of AO there was no fun alone the way, the whole point of the game is get to lvl 220 fast, which is a bad goal cause 220 is a dead end without much satification.

If they had more USEABLE lower lvl content the people could enjoy the game while lvling. S10 was one of the best lower lvl content, instead of killing it they should have made more of open areas like that. It was one of the only not dead lower lvl instance other than the rare rk mission.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast