Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter deals

Few weeks after 18.6 for 18.7? That honestly seems like far sooner than we could actually expect to happen. If that really is the plan then I would certainly consider a special subscription offer but I would hope a rush of "new" players would not be given things that veterans should kind of be limited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Few weeks after 18.6 for 18.7? That honestly seems like far sooner than we could actually expect to happen. If that really is the plan then I would certainly consider a special subscription offer but I would hope a rush of "new" players would not be given things that veterans should kind of be limited to.
    It's even already edited

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Yeah, I edited that out in retrospect because I didn't want to be confusing.

Basically that would be TestLive, and would only include the NPE, and if everything goes right. 18.6/18.6.x/18.7 (to TestLive) is planned to happen in more-or-less rapid succession. How long will the New Player Experience need to be on TestLive before it's ready for Live? Depends on the feedback & bugs, honestly.

And just to be clear, 18.7 has the "new engine code" meaning it's impossible to play the New Engine against a version earlier than 18.7. When I'm playing internally, I'm playing on a server with 18.7 on it. In theory, once 18.7 is on TestLive someone externally could run a copy of the new client against TestLive, and once 18.7 is on Live someone could run a copy of the new client against Live. Doesn't mean it's a good idea though, until it meets a certain quality bar.

Ohhh, shinies!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Edits are good, they save a lot of trouble

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12