Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    I don't have any off hand but TSW got good reviews in general, right ?
    Considering Metacritic user reviews were one reason Funcom gave for TSW's less than stellar performance, I'd say "No".

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-secret-world

Metascore 73/100
    User score 8.2/10

I call this good, no matter what FC states.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-secret-world

Metascore 73/100
    User score 8.2/10

I call this good, no matter what FC states.
    http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4...5159660139.png

Lazy,

Thats why X-Com : Ufo Defense is the best game of all times.

So, now that TSW went B2P and AoC lifted a lot of F2P restrictions, when is FC following suit with AO and reduces those outrageous 17€/month ?
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    So, now that TSW went B2P and AoC lifted a lot of F2P restrictions, when is FC following suit with AO and reduces those outrageous 17€/month ?
    I think the issue stopping heading the same way with AO is the lack of resources to commit to pumping out DLC content on a regular basis. They're still in catch-up mode with engine, starter experience, rebalance etc., but who knows? Once all that has been ironed out and available to the masses, it would be worthy of consideration.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

A lower monthly fee would be most welcome for AO. :-)
    €17 /month is a little bit too much if you ask me.
    Included - lvl 153 Trader

Father Time has returned to Rubi-Ka! He elected to start his tour of the planet with its famous anarchist sites, perhaps you can find him before he leaves...

It would seem the holidays have arrived, however, I thought we were going to have a thread posted about the events ...

Kinnik

Still nothing new on Test. Looks like we'll be into 2013 before the merge happens.
    Stuff here

It's a disgrace how Funcom have treatet AO customers over the years! Dangling that engine carrot infront of people and milking them for money time and time again. I personally just get sad and angry everytime i log on these days, and i used to love this game. Even though i have a lifetime account, i just cant bare to play this game anymore. Failure to meet deadlines over and over again. Working on useless things. SKYHIGH subscription fees. I can go on and on.

I hope i sound bitter, because i am.

It's not like the game was bad in that time. Your bitterness is unwarranted.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It's not like the game was bad in that time. Your bitterness is unwarranted.
    It's quite warranted. I agree with him. Nothing innovative or unique in content, just the same old rehashed gimmicks. Constant disappointment. No, its never been a BAD game, but it (and it's players) have been treated pretty poorly.
    Last edited by mishikato; Dec 15th, 2012 at 10:42:38.

Cheaper Subs for AO as a xmas gift.
    Yes!, Say Yes!

Is there going to be any special sub deals for the holidays? It's happened two years in a row now and I was kinda hoping there would be another seeing as there was a fall one :P My sub just ran out and I wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be a special I would miss if I subbed right now.
    Pop Pop

Well .... the holiday trees and Santa Leet with his missions have spawned in the "usual" places. However, I could not find any outdoor ice/ant leets so far ... was hoping for a chance to collect the new social items for this year, usually they drop from these outdoor leets.

I have no clue where "father time" is ...

Kinnik

Edit:
    In order survive the AI general and heavyly wrapped pkgs ... I did these missions with lvl 50 MA with behe plus self buffs, w/out behe she would die from general or from pkgs for sure.

Gift-wrap mission reward -> Very minimal coverage: well for female toons anyways ...
    Play Costume - Holiday Series #3
    NODROP
    Quality level: 1
    Description:
    Levika's Fashion designed this suit with the true x-mas spirit in mind. This year's "Play Costume" is both Hot and Fuzzy!
    Christmas 29486

Snowball mission reward -> Shoulderpads have more fabric than the costume
    Candy Shoulderpads
    NODROP
    Description:
    Contains the extremely addictive and highly illegal substance known as "Shugah".
    Christmas 29486

Third mission reward is frying pan ...

Fourth mission ... Antlers
    NODROP
    Description:
    For those times when you need to make a point. Or two.
    Christmas 29486

Last mission reward (except AI general) ...
    Phasefront Sleigh
    NODROP
    Quality level: SPECIAL
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Upload nanoprogram Phasefront Sleigh
    Description:
    Ho ho ho! - See your local Phasefront dealer today!
    Christmas 29486

AI general (last room) drops replica items, Zix/Elf Leets, new action figures, and nodrop parts to what I assume would build a snowman based on the selection of parts.
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Dec 15th, 2012 at 21:07:36.

Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Perhaps you confirm that the holiday outdoor mobs have actually been spawned before posting the loot from them ...

I checked outside newland, borealis, reets retreat, stohlt's, towers in newland and SWB so far and have not seen any ice/ant/santa leets.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Perhaps you confirm that the holiday outdoor mobs have actually been spawned before posting the loot from them ...

I checked outside newland, borealis, reets retreat, stohlt's, towers in newland and SWB so far and have not seen any ice/ant/santa leets.

Kinnik

Confirmed: outdoor mobs have actually spawned.
    Last edited by Lazy; Dec 15th, 2012 at 22:56:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

Kinnik
    The items were LOOTED from their corpses...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast