Thread: Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    The items were LOOTED from their corpses...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Confirmed: outdoor mobs have actually spawned.

Ok ... then where are they now? I looked yesterday and today and have not seen even one Ice/Ant Leet.

Kinnik

Edit: RK2

They are not out after dark either ...
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Dec 16th, 2012 at 01:04:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Ok ... then where are they now? I looked yesterday and today and have not seen even one Ice/Ant Leet.

Kinnik

Edit: RK2

They are not out after dark either ...
    Me and Lazy, RK1... I cannot confirm any mobs or drops from a server nobody I know plays on.

Edit: Ok, I know a few Rimoreans, on AOSpeak, but I do not actively play on RK2.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Ok, I finally found some Ice Leets and Ant leets on RK2 ...

They are not outdoors ... they are only in a limited number of major cities like Old Athens. I would guess possibly as many as a dozen or so per major city. I could only find 9 still alive in Rome on RK2, none in Old Athens or Borealis. On RK1 I found 6 or 8 near the zone border from Old Athen to West Athens.

This is a ridiculously low number of spawn compared to the number we have had in the past when they spawned outdoors.

Kinnik
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Dec 16th, 2012 at 06:00:42.

There were tons of them by the Warden in WA yesterday on RK2.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    There were tons of them by the Warden in WA yesterday on RK2.
    Perhaps they did not respawn ... there were none when I looked for them on RK2.

Kinnik

Hey Funcom CR taff, the launcher is still showing the support e-mail downtime that was scheduled for 1. December. Looks a bit lol to have it still in place as the first thing one sees when starting the game (http://dimensions.anarchy-online.com...ions/launcher/).

Sorry if posting in the wrong section, but couldn't contact live chat since is offline at this time.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Father Time has returned to Rubi-Ka! He elected to start his tour of the planet with its famous anarchist sites, perhaps you can find him before he leaves...

It would seem the holidays have arrived, however, I thought we were going to have a thread posted about the events ...

Kinnik
    Now today ...

Greetings! Father Time is on the move and has yet to be apprehended. Hint: It may be the end of the road for Father Time!

... maybe 5 or 10 minutes later ...

Father Time will be wandering another lonely road away from Rubi-ka.....for now.

Perhaps if we had a thread or other communication so we knew what these messages meant there might be more participation. I attempted to go to an earlier one, but received the "its over" message before I could get there to see what was happening.

Kinnik

Lonely Road = The Longest Road

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

That was my guess as well ... but whatever it was ... it was over before I could get there.

Kinnik

Couple of us RPers dispatched to Longest Road as soon as we saw the message. Didn't find anything before we received the (assumed) conclusion message.

Very poorly done.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Couple of us RPers dispatched to Longest Road as soon as we saw the message. Didn't find anything before we received the (assumed) conclusion message.

Very poorly done.
    Got to agree with Trousers on this one. On RK1... the first hint went off, and 3 mins later... another message pretty much stating that it was over. WTF? really poorly done.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Got to agree with Trousers on this one. On RK1... the first hint went off, and 3 mins later... another message pretty much stating that it was over. WTF? really poorly done.
    What was the last thing Funcom did with AO that wasn't really poorly done?

Asoon as I saw the message I fgridded straight to TLR, run a bit and found Father Time. I was half expecting to start talking to him or something... then he attacked me, I obviously sent him to reclaim and looted myself a nice cloak of his from the corpse.

As of yet I have not seen anyone else wearing this cloak? only one spawns a day or something?
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Asoon as I saw the message I fgridded straight to TLR, run a bit and found Father Time. I was half expecting to start talking to him or something... then he attacked me, I obviously sent him to reclaim and looted myself a nice cloak of his from the corpse.

As of yet I have not seen anyone else wearing this cloak? only one spawns a day or something?
    Pics or it didn't happen :O
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I took no pics of me killing him, but I can maybe sort one out of me wearing it if you really want

Last edited by Spead; Dec 17th, 2012 at 12:40:27. Reason: Pictures
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Last edited by Brampfine; Dec 22nd, 2012 at 16:37:21.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

The Ice/Ant Leets are spawning in AOHill and SW wall(north to south) and just over that inner wall near the Fixer Quest guy/ In WA I have found them in the small mall and in WA itself and around the North West Wall/ In Bor ive found them near the sub exit/entrance area and down the path to the small lake right behind the whoompahs. The spawn rate is very very very low and takes well over an hour(more than a few but havnt timed it) but when they do spawn I usually find 20-30 of them but do have to cover alot of ground to find that many. They move around alot so I do find the odd one or two which others seem to have missed but mainly the area is empty for hours at a time.

Anyone have a strategy yet for taking on the general for a melee character in the santa missions? Some of my orgmates are having a hard time. Anyone tried using the fireplace for cover at all?

Now today ...

Greetings! Father Time is on the move and has yet to be apprehended. Hint: It may be the end of the road for Father Time!

... maybe 5 or 10 minutes later ...

Father Time will be wandering another lonely road away from Rubi-ka.....for now.

Perhaps if we had a thread or other communication so we knew what these messages meant there might be more participation. I attempted to go to an earlier one, but received the "its over" message before I could get there to see what was happening.

Kinnik
    I agree, our org launched a hunt for this guy coordinating through AOspeak and still did not find him could someone please make the message clearer so we at least have a chance of finding Him!

Merge will happen in 2012 ? thats my question =)

Ilalyia, on the 5th of November (last month's update) :
    I can’t give you a set date, but it will be this year. We’re shooting for end of this month, but that’s assuming that our very rigorous internal tests all pass without incident. Believe me when I say this isn’t something you want us to rush. We have to get it right the first time.
    The announced target of the end of November has been missed, so I'm assuming there were bugs found during testing. Considering the festive season will be kicking off soon, I think I'm fairly safe saying it won't happen in 2012.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast