Thread: Fix bugged BS rounds

Fix bugged BS rounds

I just entered the 3rd bugged battlestation round in a row today.. shouldn't be long till I have to pick up trash. I'm sure you've heard about this since it's been going on for a long time now, but just in case I'll describe it for anyone who doesn't know.

For whatever reason occasionally when you queue for battlestation enough players will be on each side and you will get the invitation. When you join it looks like a normal round. Sometimes others join, sometimes not. After a few seconds you can easily tell the round is bugged as no stars will appear where the cap points are. Capping will not affect anything (in your current round, will talk about this in a minute). Your only option to leave this bugged BS is to exit through the teleporters in core or /afk.

While leaving this way isn't particularly hard, it does give you the deserter nano which prevents you from queuing for 10 mintes. If it happens enough, you will have to pick up trash in bor to be able to enter BS again.

Earlier I mentioned how capping didn't affect anything in your round. It DOES however for whatever reason sometimes carry over to the next round. For example, if someone enters a bugged BS and caps A, B, and C, the next round will begin with these points automatically capped for the side that capped them in the bugged round. This means that in the rare case that another round does run soon after a bugged round, it usually ends quickly since one side has all 4 points capped upon start, and already has half the points required to win by the time anyone can exit decon. This is just another frustration for the people who are joining battlestation to actually play it (I'm sure the PvMers there for dailies love it), especially those who had to wait 10 minutes to queue again.

It seems to glitch when the queue is unbalanced (much higher of one side of the other). Bugged rounds are very popular on RK2 in the 215-220 queue due to omni never queueing. I'm not trying to point blame at anyone here. I've talked to quite a few people on the omni side who used to do BS very frequently and they say they don't bother queuing anymore because almost every round they join is bugged and that when it isn't there aren't enough clans. The clan counter to this is that they signed up sometimes days ago and are doing something else or are not even online. By omni not joining it is creating the unbalanced queue which seems to cause the problem in the first place. It is not uncommon for there to be 15-20 people in the 215-220 queue on clan side. It is always interesting to be playing and get a BS invite when you signed up a day (or a few days) ago.

I know other people have experienced this so maybe with this description and others' experiences (hopefully below) someone can pinpoint and fix what I consider the most frustrating bug in AO.

My only other suggestion is that you remove people from the queue when they log off. This would reflect a much more accurate number of participants for those who want to do battlestation.

BUMP and please fix... it should not be difficult to validate the BS queue (players are online) before sending invites. Additionally, it should not be difficult to code a failsafe that checks for this scenario and does not punish the player for leaving (no deserter, etc).
    Proud Member of Paradise

Alt+f4 x2 log back in, wait for the timer to expire on char reconnect screen, log in and no deserter.

But yes, this is an annoying issue atm, hopefully solved with a larger population.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Bump for the fix of this. Happened tonight two times within 5 minutes time period. At least give me 500-1000 vp for being in BS and stop the need to alt+F4 two times. Why we pay 17,90e/month for game that can't even fix simple bug like that?

for reasons that are beyond me, neither fc nor the community wants the battlestations fixed. sorry. pleaded for it many, many times.

And when fixing BS please do not allow people to create APT in decon room. As they are never teleported to the battlefield.

EDIT: when you start capping point you cannot use coon and finish it. But evade profs after start capping can use dof/limber and finish it. Fix this also please.
    Last edited by Yama; Jan 19th, 2015 at 20:41:47. Reason: update
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

This is still broke? Heck, this was broke 4 years ago....
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.