Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14.6 Enforcer weapons at a glance...

Originally posted by Obitus

The Pitchfork of Red Terror from 13.6 looks cool, but I don't think it ever made it into the game... but I could be wrong.
    I think its ingame just dont drop in ql200 versions. drops of a npc in camelot.

I think the new weapons look great, and I'm terribly happy that we actually are getting a little variety.

Aside from the high req's and such I only have one gripe. Must they get every weapon they add from the "big book of martial arts weapons"? I mean I like having daitos and all that neat stuff, but when every weapon in the world...or at least every useful one is from the same "theme", it gets old really fast. Would it be impossible to add new weapons with the exact same stats, but with the "clean slay axe" appearance? Or a big arse claymore? Maybe a 2he battle axe? Or something?

To break up the appearance of cookiecutter people, why don't they take weapons that no one uses, and make a new weapon with the same look? Instead of taking one weapon that is used a little, and making 10 new weapons that look exactly like it.

Oh well. Still very happy with the changes all in all. Just wish I could be a big hairy norseman(trox) with a friggin huge axe instead of fat buddha all the time.

Ox....I feel the same way......

They have the art, just change the stats.

Crap...give that Turkey Leg sold at vendors the same stas as a Beam.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Originally posted by Ox
    I mean I like having daitos and all that neat stuff, but when every weapon in the world...or at least every useful one is from the same "theme", it gets old really fast. Would it be impossible to add new weapons with the exact same stats, but with the "clean slay axe" appearance? Or a big arse claymore? Maybe a 2he battle axe? Or something?

I am sure Nealandbob will back me up on this. Just take The Clean Slay Axe and fix the stats. If that is not possible, then please create a new weapon, you could call it..... Axe of Obitus. I would not even mind if it kept the melee energy req, but maybe specs should be as follows:

AttackRange: 2m
    MultiMelee: 856
    EquipTime: 3s
    AttackTime: 1.8s
    RechargeTime: 1.2s
    Damage: 40-400 (275) -- FireAC <--- it is supposed to do energy damage after all
    Atk. Skills: 1hEdged: 67%
    MeleeEnergy: 33%
    Def. Skills: EvadeClsC: 100%

That would make a very usable weapon that would easily compete with other new weapons but not throw balance off.

Squibbers are crap, Axes are crap, Stun Batons are crap, Slank Chops are crap, Ancient swords are crap, Galahad swords are crap, Gofle-Prods, E-blades & many others are all crap. Why not recycle the art you already have for many of these weapons and just call them something else. This would apply to every weapon in the game, not just melee weapons. The ppl at FC are probably thinking "that is exactly what we did, what else do you want?". The answer is simple, Visual diversity. I don't care if the guy standing next to me is doing the same damage with the same type of weapon, what bothers me is when I walk into a gathering of enforcers and 90% have Beam or Alloy/Pipe equipped. We should have more diversity than that. So should all professions.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Amen to that Obitus.
    Maglin Opifex - Enforcer
    Kandra Solitus - Keeper

i want a stick with a chain attached to the end i don't hold and a heavy metal ball attached to that chain and maybe some spikes on that ball.

you already have the graphics for this on the new subway boss.

i want tiger hook swords, i want spears with proper animations, i want some more actually high tech looking weps, i want OP themed weps like i saw an NPC wearing! she looked really cool, huge riot shield in OP style, and a stun baton.
    there's so much potential for style that is left unused
    i think FC isn't really trying, they can do some really nice stuff! They just need to make it so i can use it!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

I am sure Nealandbob will back me up on this. Just take The Clean Slay Axe and fix the stats. If that is not possible, then please create a new weapon, you could call it..... Axe of Obitus. I would not even mind if it kept the melee energy req, but maybe specs should be as follows:

Damage: 40-400 (275) -- FireAC <--- it is supposed to do energy damage after all
    Hey! I want some support on this!
    This could be the legendary Axe of Obitus the Flatulent. It could do poison or chemical damage instead of energy.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

I think we need a new atrox only weapon.

"Stick".

QL 200: "Big Stick".

--
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

special boss drop q220 pointy stick and q300 spiky stick too!!

That would make a very usable weapon that would easily compete with other new weapons but not throw balance off.

Squibbers are crap, Axes are crap, Stun Batons are crap, Slank Chops are crap, Ancient swords are crap, Galahad swords are crap, Gofle-Prods, E-blades & many others are all crap. Why not recycle the art you already have for many of these weapons and just call them something else. This would apply to every weapon in the game, not just melee weapons. The ppl at FC are probably thinking "that is exactly what we did, what else do you want?". The answer is simple, Visual diversity. I don't care if the guy standing next to me is doing the same damage with the same type of weapon, what bothers me is when I walk into a gathering of enforcers and 90% have Beam or Alloy/Pipe equipped. We should have more diversity than that. So should all professions.
    I absolutely, wholeheartedly, unconditionally, 100% agree with Obitus. This weapon has such a kickass design(graphically) that it NEEDS to be made into a viable weapon somehow. I really don't care HOW.......whether it's a "damage adjustment" to the current weapon, or a completely new weapon with the same avatar. I don't care which, just as long as it happens
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Will those weapons be findable in missions from QL 1-200?
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

Originally posted by Celebrant
    Will those weapons be findable in missions from QL 1-200?
    We don't know... But I sure hope so! I don't want them to appear on a mob that takes half the server to kill. (as said in my original post )
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

I really hope they show up as mission reward. If they're boss loot only they'll be selling for 15 mill a piece when they first show up on rk1.

then go get one urself u lazy bum

Will be interesting to see how the new 1HE / 2HE buffs will stack up.
    Might not be all that hard to use the new weapons as we fear.

Anyways, it looks like dualwielding the new Katana's will make for a great deal of Damage.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

great deal of ugly wep too

I just can't wait to get new 1he buffs and Meibutsu Daito of Heart and Fist to my hand and mantis scissor to other

Going to take forever to get those in hand (lv22 toon) but most important... no heavy weapons, Now I don't have to envy adventurers for their sol's

Now let me get my cas armor on (hope helmet won't look like tech...) and new swords

-Happy happy Hulk lookalike enf

Y'know ... I always laugh when I see the description of the HEavy Staff ... "A forever underestimated weapon" ... I think not !!
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Unhappy

no beams
    -The one, the only, the Borf-
    -Borfinator 107 OT enf on RK1
    -Atrox Pride-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast