Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercenaries

Mercenaries

Aside from Clusters and Social-Slot storage, there's nothing from these guys worth anything anymore.
    Yesterday, me and "Chrystabel", a crat, beat on them. No Doctors involved, including Ian Warr.
    To show for it, I got a "Pre-Universe Storage Device".
    Perhaps making the weapons and armour upgradable, for TL7 use, would suffice.
    For example, the "Pain of Patricia" can be upgraded into a pistol similar to the Peh'Wer, with a different skin and maybe even more powerful - but right hand only, thereby stopping Tropaining.
    The 1hb weapons can be used to make a Sneak Attack option for 1hb enfos, giving a PvP alternative to Q+G+J.
    Also, introducing finer weapons from all the enemies which aren't NoDrop, thus giving weapons for support classes at TL4 (Similar requirements to the current weapons at the camp).
    Perhaps an entirely ql 300 interior to the camp, requiring TL7 to enter would suffice as a way for casual players to get bigger weapons without grinding Pandemonium.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Aside from Clusters
    which are worth easily 1b+

also, ian warr drops rust pitted rings which used to be the best rings for 150 ga4 fixers before s10 got nerfed into oblivion and everyone quit.

"used to be", Lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Aside from Clusters
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    which are worth easily 1b+
    Clusters don't drop from the 5 mercs themselves though (unless something changed in the last few months?)

It sure would be nice if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    Clusters don't drop from the 5 mercs themselves though (unless something changed in the last few months?)

It sure would be nice if they did.
    Bump for all Mercs dropping 250+ Jobe clusters.

Ace Camp still is epic.

"Ian wars screams, freezing you in terror !"
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Ace Camp still is epic.

"Ian wars screams, freezing you in terror !"
    I bet a good Doc or MP could solo him.
    That's what's messed up here.

Just did it a few days ago. Totally boring tho.
    I dont think that there is any class who cant solo it nowadays.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I fell asleep soloing Mercs and died.

I used to wear a set of mercs

I miss the good old Ace-Camp raids..
    meep

WTB a froob-only server after server merge.

We could have to fight all 5 in the arena...
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

maby an even higher merc that spawns after you killed the origanal that would need at least a 6 man team to kill, with some epic loot like utils and huds offering important skills for each proffesion (right click to change prof - no-drop)
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    maby an even higher merc that spawns after you killed the origanal that would need at least a 6 man team to kill, with some epic loot like utils and huds offering important skills for each proffesion (right click to change prof - no-drop)
    Imo part of the merc charm back in the day, was 20+ corpses lying around and another 20 people including yourself running like mad to get away.

Why does everything have to be team based? I miss the days of open encounters that required a hefty number of people, and even then could wipe you or kill half the force.
    I don't get why every encounter should be a guaranteed success, if you have the magical 3 professions present. Bring more death and higher participation req.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Leave it like it is. Not everything has to be TL7 content. Its a great froobraid

Then make it useful to froobs, or instance it at 200!
    Seriously, most froobs need barely anything from there and when a 220 can run in and get everything they need in half an hour, it's broken.

Mercs need to stay as they are. They're a symbol!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

The idea of what needs what seems to be a mixed bag for me. There are lots of content in this game that could use some love, but only the broken ones actually 'need'. I think lots of folks really miscalculate what the word 'need' means.

There is nothing inherently broken for Mercs in terms of content and drops. Froobs love it, and did go there quite often when the froob population was organized enough to really plunder it effectively.

If i were a content designer and I wanted to improve the experience, I'd give it a couple of nifty new tricks. First, I'd make sure that the mercs themselves spawned in a specific way, giving the raid a new format, some new enemy tricks, and maybe some polished upgraded meshes. This could satisfy froobs, while providing something new.

As for the paid players, I'd like to see the raid come in two parts. One lower level portion of the raid would include players of the appropriate level (175+), and then the 220 end game version of the raid which would give players the opportunity to upgrade loot from the first, in addition to some even newer toys, tricks, and strategies.

That is likely how it should be done. This way, it keeps much of its classical flavour but can be continued in a way to appeal to a new and more powerful crowd. Both sides of the coin win.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan View Post
    Leave it like it is. Not everything has to be TL7 content. Its a great froobraid
    I agree with that. There are plenty of other things 220's can do for challenge or loot. Plenty of DB encounter locations to name a few. DB's > Ace mobs imo. DB1-2-3 drops > mercs drops imo. Leave original AO content alone for froobs. Froobs havn't really changed much over tims neither should froob encounters change much.

220 accounts are paying for newer content, so you have plenty to do. Those froob encounters are not really meant for paid accounts. Do it if you want of course but you are "paying" to access so much more. Effort wise and loot wise you have better options available. Do it if you want but please don't complain about froob content not being upgraded.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast